KG frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

KG frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year?

This SI article seems to think so:

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/04/10/can-celtics-d-make-up-for-poor-offense/

A word on Garnett: It’s time to mention him as a possible Defensive Player of the Year candidate, and maybe even the favorite.

Wow! I wonder who the oldest DPOY ever was? KG gets my vote!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Re: KG frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year?

KG is like Ray Lewis really. No matter how many guys put up better numbers you can always justify accolades for Garnett. He captains one of the best defenses in basketball and is an elite pick and roll defender

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I agree about KG. But even more so I'd agree about Doc for COTY.
    Last night showed how good he is one more time.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: KG frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year?:
    [QUOTE]KG's defense is terrible. He gets dunked on all the time. Bradley is the defensive player of the year.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Kirk you can't be serious.  Avery has done it for ten games or so.  KG may get dunked on but he anchors the best team in the league right now.  And inhibits the play of opposing teams every second he is out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]KG is like Ray Lewis really. No matter how many guys put up better numbers you can always justify accolades for Garnett. He captains one of the best defenses in basketball and is an elite pick and roll defender
    Posted by Rebels345209[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.

As Always,

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah great comparison, KG is the Ray Lewis of the NBA, w/o the murder for hire scam of course...

One of my favorite SNL creations ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZDzOGFXts

'oh dip, I didn't see nothing'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

In response to "Re: KG frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year?": [QUOTE]Yeah great comparison, KG is the Ray Lewis of the NBA, w/o the murder for hire scam of course... One of my favorite SNL creations ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZDzOGFXts 'oh dip, I didn't see nothing' Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE] Haha. Minus the murder of course

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

AB for DPOY.

He has rejuvenated KG who is the runner up.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

The Defensive efficiency numbers of the Celtics with vs without KG speak for themselves. KG is the DPOY As for Coach of the Year I vote for Kevin McHale

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]KG's defense is terrible. He gets dunked on all the time. Bradley is the defensive player of the year.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

wow..Kirk, you just lost ALL credibility with that statement. ALL credibility.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]AB for DPOY. He has rejuvenated KG who is the runner up. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

you cant be player of the YEAR when youve only gotten significant minutes for a qtr of it. KG has been doing this ALL season.

i love what AB brings to the devensive side, and think he is top 2 on ball defenders in the nba, but dfoy? come on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year? : you cant be player of the YEAR when youve only gotten significant minutes for a qtr of it. KG has been doing this ALL season. i love what AB brings to the devensive side, and think he is top 2 on ball defenders in the nba, but dfoy? come on.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Can't blame AB because coach didn't have the sense to play him more from the get go. If not for injuries to starters, AB is still on the bench, holding his johnson.

KG began to elevate his game when AB got some serious PT and reminded the team what Celtic-style defense can do. This is how you do it fellas!

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Oh my.Such an ignorant statement on so many levels.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to KG frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year?:
    [QUOTE]This SI article seems to think so: http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/04/10/can-celtics-d-make-up-for-poor-offense/ A word on Garnett: It’s time to mention him as a possible Defensive Player of the Year candidate, and maybe even the favorite. Wow! I wonder who the oldest DPOY ever was? KG gets my vote!
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]wow, a very CONTRARIAN type thread. just put put the link, no drama, no unnecessary double posting to artificially manipulate your views, let the people decide if they are actually interested... COMRADE, there is hope for all your fellow developmentally challenged peers out there after all. GOOD JOB! btw, I think Brandon Bass has been the most underrated defensive player of the year and BETTER than KG. As much as I like KG, it would be a travesty if he won DPOY or even finished in the top 3. He is not asked to do nearly as much as a guy like Tyson Chandler and he does not play nearly as many minutes. Ron Artest and Lebron are more elite. heck, on his own team he's not the most devstating defender, for AB is. Perhaps if he played Bosh every game, he could be!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG frontrunner for Defensive Player of the Year? : Very serious. KG is not the defender he once was. But his offense right now is unbelievable.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

KG is not the ONE ON ONE defender he once was... but he can still hold a guy like Bosh around 10 points and it is really just what the TEAM numbers are, historic in face, when he is on the court directing traffic and running the show

and as the article says he is still an elite pick and roll defender, and that is a skill that is far less common than mannign someone up 1 on 1

Sections
Shortcuts