KG gives JG some advice!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

KG gives JG some advice!

I love what KG brings to this team on and off of the court!

“I told Jeff to start going to the basket a little more,” said Kevin Garnett. “He hasn’t been in the best rhythm, we all know that. “I felt like after the dunk (attempt), he was a different player. He was going to the hole. He was rebounding with force. “You know, Jeff’s a really, really nice guy, and some nights, you know, you’ve just got to be an (expletive). You’ve got to be . . . I can’t really say what I want to say, but he’s got to be that. And I felt like after the dunk he was aggressive. He was gritty Jeff, and when he’s like that he’s hard to stop. He’s really hard to stop.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: KG gives JG some advice!

The Cs need the "gritty" JG:

No more Mr. Nice Guy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Totally agree with what KG is saying.  When Green is playing more aggressive he is a better player.  He played aggressive all preseason and with good results.  He needs to stop thinking about stepping on peoples feet and realize he is a big part of this team off the bench only because Pierce is ahead of him.  He needs a case of the reda$$ before each game.

The thing is with his personality, can he do that? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If anyone knows the NBA, it's KG.

Glad he's talking to JG

Gladder still if JG takes it to heart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Hopefully last night was the "light bulb" moment that we have all been waiting for!

Go JG!! Go Celtics!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Great follow-up article! 

Jeff Green puts stock in KG's commentary

CHICAGO:€” Jeff Green is still a nice guy, but he'€s vowing to listen to Kevin Garnett's request that he be more of a jerk when it comes to basketball.

KG, who last night passed Allen Iverson [stats] for 17th place on the NBA’s all-time scoring list, liked what he saw from Green in Saturday’s win in Milwaukee, and he was quoted in Sunday'€™s Herald saying, €œYou know, Jeff's a really, really nice guy, and some nights, you know, you'€™ve just got to be an (expletive). You've got to be a$$€‰. I can'€™t really say what I want to say, but he's got to be that.€

Green laughed yesterday at Garnett'€™s choice of words, but he gets the point.

€œHe just wants me to be aggressive and demand respect and attack the rim€” that way of being an (expletive),€ said Green before playing through a mildly sprained right ankle (he stepped on Garnett'€™s foot while driving) and going for seven points in last night€™s 101-95 win over the Bulls. He'€™s somebody I look up to, so I take those words and I use them to help my game and move on to the next step.

It'€™s not as if Green hasn'€™t been told this before in his career, but, he acknowledged, it'€™s one thing for somebody else to say it, but for it to come from Kevin Garnett, that's different.

It'€™s just something I'€™ve got to do. I can't really think about it. It's got to be a part of how I play. You've just got to be aggressive, because if I'€™m aggressive it wi€™ll open up things for everybody else.

Doc Rivers believes it will happen, adding that people need to cut Green some slack after his surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm.

€œI think the more comfortable he gets, he'€™ll be that, the coach said. €œI think we'€™ve just got to keep remembering that he took a year off, so it's just going to take him time. I think he'€™s getting it. He'€™s got to learn where to fit and be aggressive. But I still think even if he was all that he'd still struggle. He'd be up and down right now. I don'€™t think you sit out a year and just come back and play great.€

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG has played six years as a Celtic.  In my mind he will always be a Celtic first.   There is nobody who embodies Celtic pride and play like he does. We are lucky he is around.

Sections
Shortcuts