KG: 'I'm going to retire a Celtic'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

KG: 'I'm going to retire a Celtic'

"On a last note, I just want to say that I love my situation here," said Garnett. "I don't know what y'all sources or whoever's making up these bull---- --- articles about me getting traded to Denver and all these other places. But I bleed green and I continue to do that. And if it's up to me then I'm going to retire a Celtic. So I just want everybody to know that, all right?" 

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4702131/kg-im-going-to-retire-a-celtic

Just like Pierce he deserves to retire as a Celtic. Hard to break it up now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: KG: 'I'm going to retire a Celtic'

Well, I think KG has a no trade clause in his contract... so it is up to him.

If he wants to stay a Celtic, more power to him... thats the contract the Celtics agreed to.

Speaking of which... whats that say about DA and his comments regarding Bird, Parrish etc.. that he wouldnt have held on to them so long like Red did... then, signs a no-trade deal with an OLD KG??????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Yeah but old KG is still our leader, the heart and soul of our D. To be honest, I'm afraid of the day when Pierce and KG are gone and Danny decides to build the team around Rondo. Then we'll be a chicken in a pot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

Yeah but old KG is still our leader, the heart and soul of our D. To be honest, I'm afraid of the day when Pierce and KG are gone and Danny decides to build the team around Rondo. Then we'll be a chicken in a pot.

Same here.....especially KG I have to say.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

It's refreshing to hear  KG  say he loves his situation here and doesn't want to leave...especially with what we're used to heariing from our aging superstars.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

I'm fine with KG staying right where he is! The Celtics have always distinguished themselves with building around star players.

Cousy, Russell, Tommy,  Sam, Havlicek, Reggie Lewis, Bird, McHale, and Pierce.

All Celtics all their careers. Works for me!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Ainge should be run out of town if he trades either KG or Pierce.

this team is finally playing how Ainge/Doc thought they would, when they put this team together.

It just took getting the ball out of those mickey mouse hands to do it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG is the closest thing to Bill Russell we will ever get.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

KG should retire a Celtic along with PP.  Both are great Celtics and show the Celtics pride in their effort everyday.  Even if his skills start to fade it will be great to see him backing up our future players until he retires.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

this team is finally playing how Ainge/Doc thought they would, when they put this team together.

they should run danny out of town anyway. this new team concept happened by accident and not from the front office.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

they should run danny out of town anyway. this new team concept happened by accident and not from the front office.

A lot of hate for Rhondo.  Perhaps the team playing well in his absents will help him to become a better player than he already is.  This is still KGs team no matter how you spin it and it will be until he retires.  Rhondo is suppose to be the appointed leader but there is only one true leader on this team and that is KG.  So if Rhondo understands that and becomes the team player we all know he can be it will be a nice time for him to reflect, learn and grow.  Then he can come back an even better player than before he got hurt.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Would not expect any thing less KG and PP to retire as Celtics. Both have earned it and deserved it. When it's time for KG and PP to play as backups will be when there is someone to back up, until then Celtic pride is what they both have. Go Green you've got the talent and when playing for the C's if you don't win it all it's a bad season, but not this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Ainge is more adept at building via trades than through solid draft picks (at least the picks he holds on to). Right now, where are the drafted players from, oh, the last five years?  Most haven't lasted.  His trading acumen has been bringing KG and RA. The Green for Perkins might be good in the long run but so far it hasn't been all that wowza. Giving him credit is different than not constantly complaining about him, which I espouse.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

They resigned Doc didn't they?

Sections
Shortcuts