KG is all about the money

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: KG is all about the money

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Think about it, Shaq turned down bigger offers from other teams to join the Celts for the vet's minimum.

Traitor Ray settled for less money in Miami because he wanted to get that 2nd ring.

There was nothing wrong with KG asking for big money. But he could've taken less so that the Celtics could use the money on another quality player. You don't need a GED program to figure that out.

Bashing Ray & KG.... what a two faced fake Celtics fan you are..

How can someone ask for big money and take less at the same time? LOL and why would anyone be expected to take less than they deserve??? You can flip that around and say if the Celtics were willing to spend more, pick up another good player and pay the luxury tax...we'd have better chance for another ring... Why is it youre calling for KG to take the hit and not the Celtics???

Im convinced youve  cornered the market on stupidity

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Green-Islander's comment:

this is just downright embarrassing.

It was only last Thursday that Ray Allen celebrated a championship with the Heat because he took less money to join the Heat.

The Heat only had the 3m MLE that teams above the apron are allowed to offer. If Ray asked for 5m per year then he would not have gotten that 2nd ring.

What's embarrassing is asking for 36m when you're already 36 years old.

Totally agree.

The only thing that could justify his contact is if KG, Pierce, DA and the owners decided that championship was no longer a primary goal and they just wanted to make the playoffs and make as much money as possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Think about it, Shaq turned down bigger offers from other teams to join the Celts for the vet's minimum.

Traitor Ray settled for less money in Miami because he wanted to get that 2nd ring.

There was nothing wrong with KG asking for big money. But he could've taken less so that the Celtics could use the money on another quality player. You don't need a GED program to figure that out.

Bashing Ray & KG.... what a two faced fake Celtics fan you are..

How can someone ask for big money and take less at the same time? LOL and why would anyone be expected to take less than they deserve??? You can flip that around and say if the Celtics were willing to spend more, pick up another good player and pay the luxury tax...we'd have better chance for another ring... Why is it youre calling for KG to take the hit and not the Celtics???

Im convinced youve  cornered the market on stupidity

+1  Why blame KG (or any player) for what management can decide? Mgmt agreed to the contract.  KG can't hold a gun to their head.   Mgmt decided who and how much money to give to each person.  Why is the pressure on KG or any player to take less money and let the billionaire owners keep more money?   Each party negotiates the deal they can get and management has the final say.  So, its MANAGEMENT who's all about the money!   

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

You can flip that around and say if the Celtics were willing to spend more, pick up another good player and pay the luxury tax...

No, you can't flip that around, cause the C's were over the cap and could not sign a free agent even if they were willing to pay luxury tax.

Ray turned down 12m for 2 years and settled for 6m for 2 years just so he could get a shot at another ring.

Guess what?

Ray got his 2nd ring.

But you, amongst others, bashed him for doing so all year long. Maybe that is way the players don't do that very often, cause they are bashed anyway.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

What are you talking about. Most would've done the same thing. KG gave everything to the C's. I will not kick KG as he walks out the door. I think the Nets can beat the HEAT now.

As for us...9 #1s over the next 5 years is great but we have to unload Wallace. Ainge has so many chips to move for better picks or players. It may be time to move Rondo as well.

It's not kicking KG as he walks out the door, it's simply telling the truth.

Lets give KG the benefit of doubt.Maybe he was helping the celts to start the rebuilding process.I believe he gava all he had to help the celtics,including waving his non trade contract.Thank you Kc.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I have nothing bad to say about KG.  If he was all about money then he was worth it for what he brought back to this city for 5 years.  Unlike other highly paid stars, you got all KG had every game.  He had the leverage with the no trade to get his salary guaranteed.  So what?  I am sure he didn't take the propspect of leaving Boston lightly.   

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

+1  Why blame KG (or any player) for what management can decide? Mgmt agreed to the contract.  KG can't hold a gun to their head.   Mgmt decided who and how much money to give to each person.  Why is the pressure on KG or any player to take less money and let the billionaire owners keep more money?   Each party negotiates the deal they can get and management has the final say.  So, its MANAGEMENT who's all about the money!   

That's ridiculous.

You telling us the Celtic owners are happier if KG asks for 12m than if KG just asks for 6m?

Like I said, the example is Ray Allen. He wanted a 2nd ring, so he took less money. 

Come on, you expect us to believe KG told the Celtic owners he wanted 12m per year and the Celtic owners immediately said yes?

Shaq turned down the MLE from other teams so that he would have a shot at another ring.

You're naive if you think the Celtic owners didn't try to negotiate with KG to lower his asking price. Obviously the lowest KG would go is 12m.

Stop twisting words.  I didn't say management was happier.  I said it was within management's control whether or not they sign a contract with KG and what size.  They could have walked away or they could have signed.  They could have signed more players and paid the tax.  They have that decision to make and its not the Player's responsibility to manage their payroll.  Its management's responsibility so don't tell me the player is supposed to figure out what size deal he can sign so that the owners can then sign another player.  That's management's responsibility.

And of course they negotiated.  But, in the end, they had the final decision.  They didn't HAVE to pay KG that amount.  They could have said "fine, KG, just walk - were' not going to pay you that".  But they buckled.  That's their own fault, not the player's.

Stop trying to twist words and deal with the issue here.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

This is not about wanting to fight or starting controversy.

The reason why KG agreed to waive his no trade clause was if the Nets agreed to make his salary in 2014-15 guaranteed. That's another 12m in the pocket of KG and his agent.

So if the Nets didn't agree to make that 12m for 2015 guaranteed KG would not have waived his no trade clause?

UGH!

=======================================

Fierce...I posted this earlier and got no responses. It is a moot point but I'm still curious. You are opinionated and I respect that although I, and many others don't always agree with you, I enjoy reading your opinions as in many case you have a good perspective and baskerball acumen.

Do you feel that KG didn't waive his no trade with the Clippers because they wouldn't agree to his salary in 2014-15 and were only really looking for a championship contribution from KG & perhaps PP for 2013.

My only Beef I have with KG is I wish he had waved his no trade & gone to the Clippers last year---he had to know we were not going to win a championship(if he truly did by staying then I apologize KG). And I wanted PP to go with him. They retire in LA LA land & maybe would have got themselves another ring and helped the perenial bridesmaids Clippers get one too and also be the best team in LA, not the Lakers.

And we'd had I think they'd given us Bledsoe, Jordan & Butler. Bledsoe would have helped our PG problem with Rondo out, Jordan, although I don't love him, would have helped our rebounding and Butler who averaged 10 points ( Paul & Griffin were the scorers) but had a lifetime of 15 might have scored 20 with KG & PP gone.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I have nothing bad to say about KG.  If he was all about money then he was worth it for what he brought back to this city for 5 years.  Unlike other highly paid stars, you got all KG had every game.  He had the leverage with the no trade to get his salary guaranteed.  So what?  I am sure he didn't take the propspect of leaving Boston lightly.   

You are correct. 

There's nothing wrong with wanting more money. 

Just don't complain if the team can't get another quality player because a lot of the cap space was used up by one player.

KG didn't complain.  He got paid and gave his all without complain.  I never once read or saw him complaining.   I repeat, he's not just about the money.  He played hard and gave his all in every instance and he waived his trade clause to the Nets because he wanted to play with Paul, his favorite coach was no longer there, and he knew Danny was not focused on winning in KG's last 2 years.  So, he waive.   not just because he go the last bit guaranteed....but because of these other reasons just stated.

I guess you are the naive (or stubborn) one if you can't see that.

I simply will NOT complain about KG in any way.  I have massive respect for this guy and what he brought.  We were immediately relevant when he got here, won a championship, and were contenders almost every year, despite many injuries to his teammates.   He deserved whatever pay he got!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Can't see anybody moving to Brooklyn without an incentive

Becoming the 2nd best team in the east, maybe the whole NBA, is not incentive enough?

Think about it, Brook Lopez, KG, Pierce, Joe Johnson, Deron, and Terry as the 6th man. That team is unguardable if healthy.

=======================================

I can't speak about all the fans in the New York area as I cannot too in the SF Bay area. We have almost the same rivalry with LA as Boston does with NY. But our rivalry with Oakland is not as intense and fairly friendly. And I would guess that if an Oakland team was in a World Title Series that many SF fans would root for them. I would guess too that NY City fans would root for Brooklyn too if they face the Heat !!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If the Nets were willing to give up as much as they did to get KG, $6mil. is piddly in the grand scheme of things and was probably a no-brainer.  The Celts were able to put together a decent cast around the big three for a couple of years.  If KG got the lion's share of the salary cap it's because without KG this team is not a contender and everyone knew it. 

Danny got creative last year trying to bring in talent.  Lee and Terry were seen as good pickups and Bass was seen as a good fit and was re-signed.  Same for Green.  DA reinvested in some of his own guys and used the MLE and a sing-and-trade to add to the rotation.  Ray turned down more money to go to Miami, so money wasn't the only factor.  

I am still of the opinion that KG was worth whatever he got.  The most important part to being competitive the past 5 years was because of KG.  I have no problem with payin him.  I'd have more of a problem with overpaying guys like J O'Neal,Wallace, Terry, Bass and maybe Green before I'd begrudge KG one cent.  If it's a money argument, then I think overpaying role players is a better argument.     

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm not KG fan not because he took the garaunteed money or didn't give everything he had to win while he was with. I am no longer a KG fan because he is no longer a Celtic. Anyone that says that they would turn down a deal that gauranteed 14 mil over 3 mil is a liar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

I said it was within management's control whether or not they sign a contract with KG and what size.  They could have walked away or they could have signed.  They could have signed more players and paid the tax.   

No, they couldn't cause there is sth. like the salary cap. Even if the owners were willing to pay more luxury tax, we could sign other players (outside of MLE and VM). With KGs last contract (and PPs contract which was to high as well), the window for this group was officially closed. Ray knew that, and left cause he was all about winning and not for the money.

On the court, KG gave all he had, no one doubts that, but he didn't sacrifice money for another shot, NEVER. Ray did, and has now 2 rings and on top he made history with a shot which will be in the highlights at every finals for the next 30 years. It is what is it is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-pursuing-trade-for-kevin-garnett--paul-pierce-171213145.html

Garnett waived his no-trade clause after the Nets agreed to fully guarantee the $12 million owed him for the 2014-15 season, the third year of his contract. Prior to the agreement, the Nets could have bought out Garnett for $6 million.

All about the money? Your boss offers you a million dollars to to move out of state with same job. Do you say no thanks i'm happy here? Don't think so. And it is no different in any other job.Dam ,If i was so lucky to have  that chance. Stop with the about money thing . It's about his life .not what you want him to do.

Sections
Shortcuts