KG is done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

KG is done?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7469501/nba-kendrick-perkins-trade-not-boston-celtics-problem

We've been talking about his shying away from contact and lack of lift this year but if this is the feeling around the rest of the league, then I doubt DA could even get anything for him at the trading deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: KG is done?

Expiring contract of $20 million plus this year. 
    Time to retire?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

KG can still play. But he's no superstar anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Very well could be. KG has got a lot of minutes on his body. PP, JO and RA are in the same boat. Doc and DA need to take a look at this very quickly. The C's need to light a fire under there butts and start playing some good basketball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: KG is done?:
    Very well could be. KG has got a lot of minutes on his body. PP, JO and RA are in the same boat. Doc and DA need to take a look at this very quickly. The C's need to light a fire under there butts and start playing some good basketball.
    Posted by vertmont

Even if you put a flamethrower under their butts it won't make them faster or make them jump higher. They're just too old to keep up with the younger players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

In Response to Re: KG is done? : Even if you put a flamethrower under their butts it won't make them faster or make them jump higher. They're just too old to keep up with the younger players.
    Posted by Tachometrix

LOL. You are right there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Expiring contract of $20 million plus this year.  Time to retire?
    Posted by breaktime

I have posted many times that KG probably will retire after this season.  If he doesn't have a good season this year, I wouldn't imagine why he would want to continue to play.  He certainly doesn't need the money. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

KG has lost it.  Tachometrix, you are right that he's not a superstar anymore.  Honestly, he's really not that good of an all around player right now.  KG is no longer the glue of this team.  KG should focus strictly on doing what he's capable of doing consistently-jump shooting.

KG should focus on taking 15 foot jump shots.  That appears to be the only thing he can consistently do anymore.  He has gotten so inept at the rim.  He rebounds one game and then doesn't the next.  And defensively, he is helpless.  He's lost that intimidation factor.  Guys now tell HIM to "get that *ish outta here".  He frequently looks awkward and has no fluidity to his interior game.  I've never seen a guy who is so quick to look to pass the ball when only 5 feet from the rim (5 turnovers last night).  He doesn't even assess his defender to determine if he can score.  To me, he looks scared when he's near the rim.

KG is a career double-double guy who should STILL be able to make 6 field goals and 4 free throws a game but, for some reason, he doesn't.  Nineteen shots for only 12 points, unacceptable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He could be useful in a twenty minute role on a good team. If the celtics pay half maybe they could get something.   At this point let's just take our medicine and have a bad year.  Nothing is going to stop that.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

KG gives his all and even if he has reached the bottom of the hill....he never took a night off. Thanks KG...we all cannot go against father time and win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

There was a time when teams like OKC, Chicago, Philly, Indiana would get ran off the floor by this same group of Celtics.  They have all gotten better and we have gotten old and unatheletic.  Pathetic!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

KG has lost it.  Tachometrix, you are right that he's not a superstar anymore.  Honestly, he's really not that good of an all around player right now.  KG is no longer the glue of this team.  KG should focus strictly on doing what he's capable of doing consistently-jump shooting. KG should focus on taking 15 foot jump shots.  That appears to be the only thing he can consistently do anymore.  He has gotten so inept at the rim.  He rebounds one game and then doesn't the next.  And defensively, he is helpless.  He's lost that intimidation factor.  Guys now tell HIM to " get that *ish outta here ".  He frequently looks awkward and has no fluidity to his interior game.  I've never seen a guy who is so quick to look to pass the ball when only 5 feet from the rim (5 turnovers last night).  He doesn't even assess his defender to determine if he can score.  To me, he looks scared when he's near the rim. KG is a career double-double guy who should STILL be able to make 6 field goals and 4 free throws a game but, for some reason, he doesn't.  Nineteen shots for only 12 points, unacceptable.
    Posted by Petey62

Petey, et al,

Please indulge me......Is KG the same KG of old? NO! But, KG as a significant player for the C's is not done, yet! I am speaking from the perspective of a 50-yr old, ex college/briefly professional athlete.  Of all the teams in the NBA, the C's are sufferring the worse from the extended lockout. Along with getting older, the C's got a lot more athletic! but, at the expense of chemistry by both losing and adding so many new, key players. On top of the fact that it takes older players longer to get their skills sharpened after a long break, the addition of so many new faces has stunted the chemistry developement too. KG is thinking a lot during the action. Many of the players are just now starting to understand their individual roles. Once we get to the end of this month, you will see a different product as both the old guys will finally be in sync/shape, and the new guys will get it. Until then, all of you Nostradamas's need to focus on the PATS run to the Superbowl. If you watched the game last night, then you saw some very promising signs of this fact. Now, GO LAY DOWN!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

RallyC, good post.  KG is a significant player for the Cs because he HAS TO BE!  And because KG has to be a significant player for the Cs, as other players HAVE TO BE significant players, we don't look good.  We're just not a good basketball team because several players are relied upon to be significant players when they are incapable of being THAT significant for the Cs to win games.  We're also not good because of the reliance on Pierce and Ray and they just are unable to produce like they once could.  There are indications though that they may turn their performances around but not so sure about KG.

KG appears to be the one who has lost the most.  I don't necessarily prescribe to your notion that "the C's are suffering the worse from the extended lockout".  In my opinion, other than Paul's 3 games, we have not been beset by injuries that other teams have that can be somewhat tied to the lockout (hamstrings, injuries not addressed during the lockout-Kobe wrist, Curry ankle, CP3 knee, Amare back, etc.).

KG as a significant player for the Cs IS done.  KG as a significant player for a contender IS NOT done.  What the Cs need from him to win is alot more than what a contender would need from him to win.  And what KG is capable of bringing would be very significant to a contender as opposed to the struggling Cs.

I'm also not sure it's a chemistry issue as much as you suggest.  We do have to integrate our bench players but we have the same starting five that we had last season (with JON) and our first unit is not playing consistently well.  That's not chemistry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Im tired of the excuse of their play being because of the lock out.  Why weren't they working out and condition during the off season and during the locked out portion of the season to be ready.  That's just plain laziness and unaceptable.  

Sections
Shortcuts