KG is embarassing himself, and the C's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medneggler. Show Medneggler's posts

KG is embarassing himself, and the C's

with comments like this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5759196

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medneggler. Show Medneggler's posts

Re: KG is embarassing himself, and the C's

I hope the league is looking into this. Especially if he does it again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

K.G is way out of line with that kind of trash talk. I would be angry also if I were C. Villanueva.
        That kind of trash talk makes the Celtics organization look bad. If I were Ainge, I would demand that K.G make a public apology to Villanueva and all people who lose their hair due to the brutal side effects of cancer treatment.
    That statement from K.G is worse than low class. It's no class in my opinion.
        I'm glad Villanueva made it public and the Globe printed it. You can bet K.G's going to hear it from the Celtics heads of power or maybe even David Stern.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: KG is embarassing himself, and the C's:
    [QUOTE]I hope the league is looking into this. Especially if he does it again.
    Posted by Medneggler[/QUOTE]

KG should probably apologize as that is in bad taste, but this is the NBA. I would hope that they would stay out of this as this is not a knitting club or a condo committee.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medneggler. Show Medneggler's posts

I would agree, if KG is man enough to come forward and admit what he said was ignorant, then there is no need  for Stern to get involved. But, it seems KG has a hard time telling trash talk from out of line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG is embarassing himself, and the C's : KG should probably apologize as that is in bad taste, but this is the NBA. I would hope that they would stay out of this as this is not a knitting club or a condo committee.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]
        NBA players are highly payed professionals. They are expected to behave in a professional manner as all other professionals do regarding their occupation. There are severe penalties that I and many others would have to pay for making such statements in public or while at work. If I were to make such a statement while at work, I would lose my job and possibly my professional license. 
       I think K.G is obligated to make a public apology. Hopefully it would teach him a valuable lesson. I'll have to admit that I lost some respect for K.G due to this incident. I would lose some respect for the Celtics organization if they let this incident slide. Some things are bigger than basketball and this is one of them.
    I expect K.G to receive some boo's when he returns to play in the Garden.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medneggler. Show Medneggler's posts

"I expect K.G to receive some boo's when he returns to play in the Garden."

While I whole heartedly agree with your statement, you can't honestly think that fans are going to boo KG for this? Case and point, I post this link at 11:36, and the first comment, less than ten minutes later, is  about who the next cancer joke will be told about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]"I expect K.G to receive some boo's when he returns to play in the Garden." While I whole heartedly agree with your statement, you can't honestly think that fans are going to boo KG for this? Case and point, I post this link at 11:36, and the first comment, less than ten minutes later, is  about who the next cancer joke will be told about.
       I think some fans would boo him for a while. I would if I were at a Celtics game. However I would not boo K.G if he made a public apology for that statement along with a personal apology to Villanueva. However a personal apology to Villanueva should be a private matter. 
        Living just north of Sacramento CA. I don't get the chance to see many Celtic games in person.
        I just checked ESPN news and K.G's comments to Villanueva are headlined in the ESPN NBA section. The C's also play on national t.v tonight against the Bucks. The you know what is going to hit the fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If KG said it, that's a comment in really poor taste.  But be honest, if you've played sports, you've heard as bad or worse, whether about your mother, your girlfriend, your manhood.  I play in an amateur rugby league, and if someone punched me for an offensive comment or I lashed out for their classless comment, I'd consider the matter closed and what's said on the field stays on the field.  I think Charlie Villanueva's tweet shows he's a bit too sensitive. 

I guess the overall point is settle it on the court if you want to shut KG up.   And his point about exposing KG in the ring?  Seems like a lot of bluster.  Again, settle it on the court, hard foul, score 30 points on him, dunk in his face, etc. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medneggler. Show Medneggler's posts

Mother jokes etc. are one thing. CANCER IS NOT FUNNY. Sorry if you cannot distinguish between the two

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I agree it's not funny, I can distinguish between the two very easily, and having someone tell you about what they did to your mother last night isn't a laughing matter either.  Never said KG's comments are acceptable if he really did say that.  But sometimes you have to settle it like a man instead of after the fact on twitter.   I guess twitter is the way grown men handle things these days. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to KG is embarassing himself, and the C's:
    [QUOTE]with comments like this. http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5759196

"TIME-OUT...before we throw KG under the bus ...should we not

wait until we hear what KG has to say about CV'S allegations...

also , should we not be mindful about how often a player

is called "A CANCER" on the team....yet there is NEVER an

outrage expressed by ANYONE for those words....

so let's not "RUSH TO JUDGMENT" as to KG'S guilt until all

the facts are in....and VC better be RIGHT or his aaazzz

will be villified for his own disrespect for victims of CANCER...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medneggler. Show Medneggler's posts

I wouldnt say taking this to twitter is manly, or the right thing to do. I don't worry about CV, he is not a Celtic. If I were a Piston fan on a Piston site I may be posting about his poor decisions. "Kobe's a rapist and he is still celebrated, I'm sure K.G. will survive this." Exactly the kind of response I was expecting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

KG is way out of line, this is not defendable in any way or form.
    Maybe KG should try shutting the f up and playing ball. I know its part of his game but its by far the worst part of his game. Hes one of the oldest players in the league but still hasnt out grown this petty trash talking stuff. This is the BOSTON CELTICS we should hold ourselves to a higher standard. There is no question he must apologize. Thats the least he can do , and like others have said he should be writing a big check for cancer research or donate to villanueva's charity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I'm usually in KG's corner.  When he was battling through his injury/surgery/recovery, I never gave up on him or doubted his resolve. 
    Not with him on this one, though.  He owes Villanueva and everybody an apology for that one.  My opinion of him just went down a few notches.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG is embarassing himself, and the C's :     NBA players are highly payed professionals. They are expected to behave in a professional manner as all other professionals do regarding their occupation. There are severe penalties that I and many others would have to pay for making such statements in public or while at work. If I were to make such a statement while at work, I would lose my job and possibly my professional license.     I think K.G is obligated to make a public apology. Hopefully it would teach him a valuable lesson. I'll have to admit that I lost some respect for K.G due to this incident. I would lose some respect for the Celtics organization if they let this incident slide. Some things are bigger than basketball and this is one of them. I expect K.G to receive some boo's when he returns to play in the Garden.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Like it or not, professional athletes do not play by the same rules.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

KG needs to apologize. He needs to spend time working with people with cancer. He can use this as a transformative step that will make he a better person and athlete. Besides, a Cancer patient is a person fighting the fight of ones life, they are a the top of the human pyramid. Capiche KG.  They are the most brave people, the most human, the most gracious people. KG, apologize and go to Dana Farber now. And I still love you. Tighten it up man. Your friends with Bill Russell for God sake. Do you understand what that friendship means. "I got my own.", I had a tear in my eye when you said that and now this.  If you don't apologize, if I see you, I will throw an elbow. Get on the phone and go to Dana Farber.

Oh and by the way, Cancer patients don't hold grudges - they know what time it is - want to inspire, get on the phone and congratulations on ending this chapter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG is embarassing himself, and the C's : uggghh. I don't want to be insensitive here, but Charlie doesn't have any hair. KG was making fun of him for that. He wasn't making fun of actual cancer patients. Both are insensitive, but really. Come on.

Everyday, a world championship game 7 is going on and I really appreciate the folks who are in that game. I think KG would as well. I work in the area. I suppose I am biased.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I've redacted my statement. I get it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

[QUOTE]I've redacted my statement. I get it.

Have I told you how much I've appreciated your posts over the years? this one is another good one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I appreciate that. Thanks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertie-wooster2. Show bertie-wooster2's posts

I love KG as player, but wow what an ignorant thing to say. He should apoligize because this was over the line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, what KG said sounds stupid... If CV was indeed a cancer patient, it would truly be a low, low class thing to say. But CV suffers from a hair loss condition, not cancer.

Does CV really take such issue with such a statement? Id look at it as just someone thats ignorant who doesnt know what hes talking about... like saying he has vd

I put myself in CV's position and I dont think its that big of a deal... other than his way of getting revenge on KG..

I say these things as my opinion... and Ive battled cancer myself and understand the sensitivity of the situation... but CV doesnt have cancer... so whats his big problem???

Just a dumb thing for KG to say... more like ignorant cause he doesnt know what hes talking about.. Chill pill CV...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bopaticuns. Show bopaticuns's posts

Whatever happened to there being two sides to every story?  Not in here I guess. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

[QUOTE]Well, what KG said sounds stupid... If CV was indeed a cancer patient, it would truly be a low, low class thing to say. But CV suffers from a hair loss condition, not cancer. Does CV really take such issue with such a statement? Id look at it as just someone thats ignorant who doesnt know what hes talking about... like saying he has vd I put myself in CV's position and I dont think its that big of a deal... other than his way of getting revenge on KG.. I say these things as my opinion... and Ive battled cancer myself and understand the sensitivity of the situation... but CV doesnt have cancer... so whats his big problem??? Just a dumb thing for KG to say... more like ignorant cause he doesnt know what hes talking about.. Chill pill CV...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

If he called CV retarded, (a word which is now illegal in Alaska, I believe,) then CV would have the special olympics people after him.

If he told CV he had gingivitis and his breath stank, would the periodontal people or victims of gingivitis get up in arms?

"CV, you are heartless" and here come the heart transplant patients....

KG hit him low, and should apologize to cancer patients everywhere. Not b/c he insulted them personally, but b/c it was publicized on twitter and they might take offense...

Sections
Shortcuts