KG is Not Playing Well

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: KG is Not Playing Well

But, I thought he was the difference with his big shot and that last defensive gem with the time out. I don't think the C's get the W without him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

yeah, rough shooting night, but the guy was mopping the floor getting crucial loose balls like few other supah stars do.  he'll come around.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: KG is Not Playing Well:
    But, I thought he was the difference with his big shot and that last defensive gem with the time out. I don't think the C's get the W without him.
    Posted by OneNation

That is true, but I am afraid to to say it would have never been this close, if KG had the guts to play inside the paint and not take jump shots. Amare was out of the game!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fiercest,
    He sure came to life on the last two possessions.  The big problem is will Doc find a way to use the bench.  The starters are old and will never be able to play at the highest level if they don't get some  rest.

Green should have been brought in to help cover Anthony in the fourth period.  Why would Doc not at least try
    ? What was the point of this trade if Green and Kristic cannot play big minutes in the playoffs.

We all know this series will probably be like this every game yet Doc is not going to change his policy of not playing bench people.  The second unit was awful but why not get Green in with the first unit.  Very unsatisfying win and this Knick team is a real pain in the butt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes, KG on Jeffries/Turiaf needs to be a monster advantage.

I can understand if he was playing the great D we saw in flashes of single coverage on Amare in the first half... all game... but he has scrub 7th-8th men in a playoff rotation on him.

Too many awkward looking shots, bricked open outside J's...etc. Too many 2nd chance shots for NY b/c KG didn't get a rebound.

what he did the last 2 mins was amazing, vintage KG. The dunk, d, backdown turnaround, steal...

Gotta get more against less earlier than that tho.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I dont usually nitpick with wins, but he has been off, he didnt do jack on Turiaf and i thought he would dominate there.  He is older, so maybe all the energy he is exerting on defense is slowing him down on offense.  No big deal...good thing is between our big 4, we can compliment each other....Ray and Rondo carried us this game...last one it was JON and Ray.  If Amare is back in N.Y., I expect another average performance on offense , but we can afford it if we just get something at all from Green and Baby.  K.G. is gonna have his hands full all series but if Amare is out indef. we gotta attack with everyone, Garnett too!  They have no big bodies..  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: KG is Not Playing Well : You're right, KG was huge in the end. The problem is KG is better than 10 points. After Amare went out it was Jared Jeffries, at least 3 inches shorter than KG, out there. It was a case of the end justified the means. But we need a better KG, he needs to make them pay at the FT line. Play like a 7-footer, take advantage of smaller defenders. We know KG can do it, he has the skills and the know-how. It's all mental.
    Posted by Fiercest34

are they lying in his profile? 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3609

the guy has always been billed 6-11.  and he looks really tall, right?  granted skinny, but kg isn't any muscle man.  jeffries listed 240, kg 253.  not that big of a difference.

but i agree kg should have done better.  somehow he needs to get to the line on post plays instead of just tossing errant bricks by way of fading away or otherwise avoiding contact.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: KG is Not Playing Well : You're right, KG was huge in the end. The problem is KG is better than 10 points. After Amare went out it was Jared Jeffries, at least 3 inches shorter than KG, out there. It was a case of the end justified the means. But we need a better KG, he needs to make them pay at the FT line. Play like a 7-footer, take advantage of smaller defenders. We know KG can do it, he has the skills and the know-how. It's all mental.
    Posted by Fiercest34

You know after KG scored over Jeffries after the time out they showed a picture of Doc on the sidelines. He was grinning holding his hands out to KG as if to say" see, I told you so". No doubt Doc called that play and no doubt Doc prodded KG into taking that shot. Now...KG, just call for the ball and do that stuff without anyone telling you to do it.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

4-14 before those last 2 shots.

He needed to go like 11-17 in a game like this. He needed to have stolen 1-2 rebounds, boxed out and really sealed away another 2-3, stopped Jeffries and Turiaf from getting 2-3 BS layups they got. He prob was fouled 2-3 times they did not call, but if he forced the issue and went to the line, went 5-6, something like that, this wouldn't even be a game.

so he should have had another 15 points, 4 rebounds and held Jeffries/Turiaf to at least 4 points less than they had.

Shoulda been a 20 point win for the Green tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

KG is 7' listed at 6'11" and Jeffries is 6'10" listed at 6'11"

so he has 2" on him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Fiercest, He sure came to life on the last two possessions.  The big problem is will Doc find a way to use the bench.  The starters are old and will never be able to play at the highest level if they don't get some  rest. Green should have been brought in to help cover Anthony in the fourth period.  Why would Doc not at least try ? What was the point of this trade if Green and Kristic cannot play big minutes in the playoffs. We all know this series will probably be like this every game yet Doc is not going to change his policy of not playing bench people.  The second unit was awful but why not get Green in with the first unit.  Very unsatisfying win and this Knick team is a real pain in the butt.
    Posted by concord27

I keep wondering why posters who make this comment don't look at the facts.  The Celts had a 10 point lead and when the bench came in one by one, the lead started to go away.  After 4 bench players + Paul were in, the lead was completely lost and the knicks were back in it.  Our bench is delivering nothing, yet.  Green fouls, Davis is not playing his great D and rebounding and hustle, West is hurt but doing "ok".  Krstic was completely LOST last game and is now going to get NO minutes until he mans up.  

So, don't blame Doc....blame the bench and blame Danny for all these castoffs we have on the roster!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

KG is 7' 1' .

As per Kevin McHale.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: KG is Not Playing Well : You know after KG scored over Jeffries after the time out they showed a picture of Doc on the sidelines. He was grinning holding his hands out to KG as if to say" see, I told you so". No doubt Doc called that play and no doubt Doc prodded KG into taking that shot. Now...KG, just call for the ball and do that stuff without anyone telling you to do it.
    Posted by OneNation

Yes, I don't think our issue is Doc not telling them what to do.  Our issue is that our players aren't always doing what the coach tells them.   Do you see Doc getting on Green all the time trying to teach him defense?   Watch the constant feedback he's giving Green as he really wants Green to grow/learn.

KG will have a big game, as all of our Big 4 do.  First it was Ray, then it was Rondo tonight.  Watch Paul or KG breakout in one of the next couple of games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its true, we're not getting much from the bench.. but its just not the castoffs... its BBD & West too.

Kristic looks like hes out of a job...and Green has to do more.. gets the ball knocks out his hands too easily

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: KG is Not Playing Well : I keep wondering why posters who make this comment don't look at the facts.  The Celts had a 10 point lead and when the bench came in one by one, the lead started to go away.  After 4 bench players + Paul were in, the lead was completely lost and the knicks were back in it.  Our bench is delivering nothing, yet.  Green fouls, Davis is not playing his great D and rebounding and hustle, West is hurt but doing "ok".  Krstic was completely LOST last game and is now going to get NO minutes until he mans up.   So, don't blame Doc....blame the bench and blame Danny for all these castoffs we have on the roster!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

The Kristic-Baby-Green-West bench is a better foursome than the guys that killed us tonight, Jeffries, Turiaf, Williams and Douglas.

Our bench just has no confidence or consistancy. DWest ok... Baby exposed at important moments... Green a no-show in game 1, playd well but taken out of game 2 by the refs, Kristic so bad on d and in doc's doghouse.

If Green keeps taking these baby steps and Shaq returns to play a healthy 12-16 mins, we will be ok.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This is how the mins better break down, and soon:

C - JON 24, Shaq 12, KG 12
    PF - KG 24, Baby 16, Green 8
    SF - Pierce 32, Green 16
    SG - Ray 36, DWest 6, Pierce 6
    PG - Rondo 40, DWest 8

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Defense wins chips ill take that last play anyday....How bout the bench tho???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

KG is playing hurt...a lot of guys are....he does not have the lift and he knows it...but he played like a Titan in the final minute and still has more fire in his tank...don't sell out this Hall of Famer!  Every dog has his night and it was Rondo's night.....fine with me!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

KG's offense was off again tonight except at the end. However, this was a relatively small factor compared to the more important issues in the game. As has been stated above, the bench play was terrible, and the defense on Melo was an embarrassment. Yes, Melo had a great game, but 42 points and 17 rebounds? Wow.

Focus on KG's offense? Yes it was below PAR. Was it the biggest factor in the game, or the second most important factor in the game? No.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

KG better bring us a 9-15 or 8-14, 20-22 point effort with 12-14 boards in a game 3 or 4 W. Gotta get a split in the big apple.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"blame Danny for all these castoffs we have on the roster!"

I'd love to see how worked up you get when we actually lose!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celtsfan4life,
    My point is not much different than your point. The only thing is I think it is Doc's fault for not finding ways to use Green with the first unit.  He should be playing with the starters. At times to give Ray a rest or PP. PP can play a two and Green can play a three. Other times have Green play and switch with Garnett and let KG play five. Especially with a small team like NY. We need to get our older starters rest. Green will eventually start to play better if given a chance with the starters.  Of course the second unit is bad but Doc has to find a way to use these guys or the trade really was a bust.

I don't know why Murphy, Pavlovich and Wafer sit there. Try them out in short spurts and see if they can make a difference.  Doc better use more than eight guys or we will get killed by the Heat.

Sections
Shortcuts