KG is the key

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Re: KG is the key

Sorry P...34

my violin is not working today.

Your right, it is not about KG or Pierce, it is about KG, Pierce, and the team. It is nice to see that you finally recognize that fact.

There is also a difference between valid critisim and constant critism.

... ever notice that if you like someone, they can do no wrong, and if you don't like someone, they can do no right?

Usually, I only respond to the ones that fall into the second category. However, I sometimes make an exception for some off the wall posts, and ones where I can provide a different point of view.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I thought Ray Allen was the key he has to score 20 or we lose... now it's KG is the Key.... basically its whoever did bad that day and we lose that becomes the key...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Hilarious to see celtic fans putting all their eggs in the Shaq basket.  LMAO

Shaq is foul prone when he does play, and will see limited minutes regardless, due to his physical shape or lack thereof. I am so glad that Jerry Buss got rid of that lard when he did, and I hope you celtic fans enjoy the garbage (Shaq) that Danny pulled out of the dumpster. Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: KG is the key:
    Expect Bynum to develop more serious knee injuries as the pressure grows in the payoffs. Something about his DNA that makes his knees weak when the heat is on.
    Posted by Karllost

Like Game 7 of the Finals last year when he missed the game due to injury??  Oh wait, that was perkins.  Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

It is interesting to note the level of knowledge LA fans have in regard to history.

For example:

Did you know:

1. That it was the Minneapolis Lakers that won the first five championships claimed by the LA Lakers?

2. That when Shaq left the Lakers, He helped his new team, the Heat, win a championship.

3. That it was Kobe's knee that took out Perk in game six of the finals?

Come back when you have something of substance to say.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: KG is the key : I'm critical of KG this season because I know for a fact that if he doesn't step up this Celtics team will not win another championship. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

* Sarcasm Alert*

KG doesnt have to do anything but pass to Ray Allen... long as Ray scores 20 we will win!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

It is interesting to note the level of knowledge LA fans have in regard to history. For example: Did you know: 1. That it was the Minneapolis Lakers that won the first five championships claimed by the LA Lakers? 2. That when Shaq left the Lakers, He helped his new team, the Heat, win a championship. 3. That it was Kobe's knee that took out Perk in game six of the finals? Come back when you have something of substance to say.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

Kobe 5 championships

No player with boston has won more than 1 ring with the celts. How's that for substance?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

More Substance:  rondo's ring + kg's ring + paula's ring + ray's ring = 4 rings D Fish = 5 rings LMAO
    Posted by Tayshawn

Ouch!! That's gotta hurt celtic fans. Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

No player in Boston?

Hmm.

Of course you must meen other than

Russell with 9 and several others with more than 5.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

http://www.nbauniverse.com/championships/players_with_most_titles.htm

Many of the Celtics players have won more championships than any other players in the NBA.  Lakers fans who posted about Celtics championships, are probably about 12 or younger and only remember the last several years. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Seattle, Wow, you really don't like KG. ... maybe its the radiation in the water.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

i like him more than you think. under certain circumstances his fine. it's when the team has to depend on him to play strong inside that i don't like him. he's big enough  that he should be able to do it, but he does not ahve the toughness. yet he pretends he's tough with his fist pumping and facial expression.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I don't agree.

I have followed KG since he first entered the league, and his game is his game.
    It has not really changed since his league MVP year in 2004. While he occasionally plays in the low post, his weight is such that bigger stronger people can prevent his getting close to the basket, much like Baby and Perk do to Howard. His game on offense is versatile offense. some low post, some jump shooting, drawing the double team, and passing to the open man, and with the Celtics there is a lot of pick setting and pick and roll.

On defense his role is to be the leader of the defense, and free safety. He is one of the few players in the NBA that can guard almost anyone. In his younger days he could guard anyone, and did.

Toughness-

That stuff you talk about, pounding his chest, and making faces is something that he does to get himself up and motivated. Sometimes he also rattles others.

That is not toughness. What is toughness, is bringing everything he has every night for fourteen years, like no other player that I have ever seen.

This is not the boxing, or Karate, toughness is not defined by the ability to beat someone up, it is defined by doing what is necessary to win, even at the expense of personal glory. It is about diving to the floor for loose balls when no one else would, it is about making stops on defense when others concentrate on the glory part of basketball, offense. It is about playing hard every night even if you don't feel like it. KG defines toughness for the NBA.

I understand that some fans would like him to play more low post, as I would, because he is good at it. However, even with his approach, he has always been one of the top field goal percentage player in the league. Someone once asked Flip Saunders why KG did not play more low post. He said something like, it does not really matter because he is still usually the number one or number two field goal percentage shooters in the league.

You may or may not like his game, but I don't see how anyone can legitimately question his toughness.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I should use a copy machine.

Yes P...34, he is not Paul Pierce. That is what Pierce does. ... and yes Paul is also a great Celtic player. This is not a Pierce vs. KG thread. We have done that to death.

KG has never gotten to the line to any great degree during his career, no matter what. It has nothing to do with low post or high post or pick and roll, or pick and pop, or jump shooting for KG. They just don't call the fouls, and he is not good at drawing them.

In the age of star calls, the only star call that he has ever gotten, from time to time, was on moving screens. A lot of stars in this league have gotten to the free through line when the other team has breathed on them, such as Jordan, Kobe, Durant, and now Rose... notice how I did not mention Pierce.

Happy?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

A lot of stars in this league have gotten to the free through line when the other team has breathed on them, such as Jordan, Kobe, Durant, and now Rose... notice how I did not mention Pierce. Happy?
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

Strange? Paul Pierce told the world he was the best player in the world.

Go figure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

During that series he was :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: KG is the key : Strange? Paul Pierce told the world he was the best player in the world. Go figure.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

6 for 24! 

Sections
Shortcuts