KG Just Missed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

KG Just Missed

It was tied at 87 all when KG missed that bank that would have given the Cs the lead.

This is going to be a long season filled with a lot of close games like tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: KG Just Missed

The C's played a gutsy 2nd half being the second of a back to back on the road against a good team. The Celtics are also short handed, playing without 3 key players "counting Jermaine O'neal." I"m not discouraged at all by this loss. It would have been an amazing win considering all the factors going against the C's tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

What I wouldn't have done for Fisher to take that 3pt shot instead of Rondo!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: KG Just Missed:
    [QUOTE]What I wouldn't have done for Fisher to take that 3pt shot instead of Rondo!!
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

After 2 games Delonte West would be shooting that 3pt shot instead of Rondo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Why was Rondo given the task of taking this shot or was it they couldn't find there go to man. Whatever the reason, it stunk!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG Just Missed : After 2 games Delonte West would be shooting that 3pt shot instead of Rondo.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Except that he won't be left wide open.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

KG had a good game. Specially nice offense. Hope he finds ways to improve his layups and tip-ins. I hate to compare him with Gasol but KG really needs better hands beneath basket. Have not yet seen him tip in for a while. Man, tip in please.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

KG is kinda soft under the basket. Unless its a clean alley oop, he rarely goes up strong. Usually its an off balance shot or a roll off his fingers. Hes just not a strong finisher underneath ala Dwight Howard

KG has also been playing much better than last year...much, much better. Grabbing boards, hustling and just an overall improvement. 

Im happy with KGs game... and if he missed a short bank shot last night, so what.. Ray misses wide open 3's and Quis missed a few bunnies as well. Nothing is automatic.

My biggest concern against the mavs and other teams is our offense. Its starting to look at times like the Lebron Cavs... Stand around with Rondo dribbling... then he stops his dribble and searches who to give it up to... then we settle for a weak shot as the clock winds down.

Wheres the plays and motion? Rondo can penetrate almost at will and create.. Yet we just stand around.. hard to figure

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Will be interestnig to see if Doc puts Delonte in in that type of situation

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

That was another 4th qtr collapse. We lead by 5 with just over a minute to go. We settled for jumpers down the stretch...just like game 7. Rondo has to drive to the basket and not take the bait of taking long jumpers.

Doc really had no choice with having BBD on Dirk when JON can't seem to stay healthy. I'm not sure JON is turning into a nice signing. He's just too soft. Well it's a long season hopefully he can get and stay healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOBEnumber5. Show KOBEnumber5's posts

In Response to KG Just Missed:
    [QUOTE]It was tied at 87 all when KG missed that bank that would have given the Cs the lead. This is going to be a long season filled with a lot of close games like tonight.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

KG also shot the last shot that was only about 4 feet off from hitting the rim and maybe bouncing in.  Go celtics!! Cry

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

In the end of the 3rd we send dallas to the lie a lot and keep then close.
    If not for that we should have finish the 3rd winning by more than 5.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

This team needs to close quarters and games. Why they can't do that? I think it is due to their offense. If their defense is a grade A, their offense is a B- at best. This team still misses Posey who can play defense and make timely shots. Yes they are talented but still needs Posey type player. Too bad that players like that are too explensive and not available.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think most of it is because we stop playing the same way we played the first 3 quarters. I think it's a combination fo two things. The ball gets taken out of Rondo's hands and PP starts handling it more. Teams also force Rondo to shoot and overplay RA & PP. Having Shaq to dump down to and create a double team will solve most of the stagnant offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

KG is really soft on the inside.  Was that an alley oop where he shot/threw/pushed the ball completely over the hoop?  I gave him the benefit of the doubt -- it slipped out of his hands.

As for closing out games/quarters, Rondo has to attack.  Rondo is playing right into their hands.  Kidd was playing far off Rondo AND was behind KG.  Rondo had NOBODY around him so he took the shot.  Wrong play unless you hit it consistently.  When guys play off Rondo, he lets them off the hook by taking the outside shot, which he misses so much more than he makes.

When guys play off Rondo, that is when he needs to attack the basket.  He has a clear path to the hoop that will eventually require someone to step out to guard him.  If he stands outside shooting, nobody will ever need to guard him.  He has to attack and make someone guard him.  If nobody steps out, go all the way to the hoop.

Rondo has to learn to set his ego aside.  He is NOT a good outside shooter so he cannot throw up shots believing he will "show them not to leave me alone".  Attack the rim and kick it to a shooter or go all the way and make them guard you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]  Kidd was playing far off Rondo AND was behind KG.  Rondo had NOBODY around him so he took the shot.  Wrong play unless you hit it consistently.  When guys play off Rondo, he lets them off the hook by taking the outside shot, which he misses so much more than he makes.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Some posters here would have me believe that Rondo is a better player than last season, yet he can't hit a consistent outside shot and we won't go into his shooting from the free throw line. Either the celtics play around his strengths and NOT give him the last shot or they look elsewhere.

When does this team learn....Rondo does not shoot from the outside with the game on the line!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

IF Rondo hit that 3 pointer, one of 3 things would have happened:

1.  Dirk gets the ball and shoots it right over BBD AGAIN, and we lose.

2.  Dirk gets the ball and shoots it right over Baby, misses, and they call a foul, and we lose.

3.  Someone else misses a wide open shot, we get the rebound and win.

Dirk was 7-7 from the line.  Our entire TEAM was 7-7 from the line.  In the NBA, in close games, the home team wins - look it up!  This game was over at the end of the 3rd quarter.......the only two ways a team can win on the road are:

1.  Blow the other team out  (playoffs last year vs CLE and ORL)

2.  Keep making shots because you will get NO FT'S.  (last night and Game 7). Game 3 in MIA last year leaps to mind!

The Championship is not tainted, there is no favoritism for the lakers.........the home team wins.  Fouls become blocked shots, no-calls become 3 point plays, visitors don't get to the line in the 4th quarter of close games.  If they do, the home team will have it "evened" out by the end of the game.

More drama, more fans, more money......................welcome to today's NBA!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I have been hesitating to post because I feel like a broken record.  I wasn't even going to WATCH this year because of my frustration with the officials.  But my nba package rolled over (when did they start doing that?) so I guess I'm watching. Here's my feelings:

1) We got hacked at the rim many times in the second half.  This happened many times as well last year.  So the natural inclination is to take jumpers.

2) this team was NOT about to go to OT again, so it was going to be a 3 point shot regardless.  Rondo was not going to take it to the rim.  Plus, he knew he would be hacked with no call.

3) Even if he had hit the shot, there would have been some kind of foul called to lose the game

Yes, this is a marketing driven league.  I thought the C's played a great game last night and my hat's off to them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

he was fouled on the play and it was so obvious.

FT numbers from last night.

Celtics 7-7 Mavs 17-20

and wow did the game start to become no touch when the Celtics were up 4 in the 4th quarter after being a wrestling for the first 3 quarters!

stupid efen refs influenced by the home crowd.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]IF Rondo hit that 3 pointer, one of 3 things would have happened: 1.  Dirk gets the ball and shoots it right over BBD AGAIN, and we lose. 2.  Dirk gets the ball and shoots it right over Baby, misses, and they call a foul, and we lose. 3.  Someone else misses a wide open shot, we get the rebound and win. Dirk was 7-7 from the line.  Our entire TEAM was 7-7 from the line.  In the NBA, in close games, the home team wins - look it up!  This game was over at the end of the 3rd quarter.......the only two ways a team can win on the road are: 1.  Blow the other team out  (playoffs last year vs CLE and ORL) 2.  Keep making shots because you will get NO FT'S.  (last night and Game 7). Game 3 in MIA last year leaps to mind! The Championship is not tainted, there is no favoritism for the lakers.........the home team wins.  Fouls become blocked shots, no-calls become 3 point plays, visitors don't get to the line in the 4th quarter of close games.  If they do, the home team will have it "evened" out by the end of the game. More drama, more fans, more money......................welcome to today's NBA!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

this is exactly how i see it. and have seen it for years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]I have been hesitating to post because I feel like a broken record.  I wasn't even going to WATCH this year because of my frustration with the officials.  But my nba package rolled over (when did they start doing that?) so I guess I'm watching. Here's my feelings: 1) We got hacked at the rim many times in the second half.  This happened many times as well last year.  So the natural inclination is to take jumpers. 2) this team was NOT about to go to OT again, so it was going to be a 3 point shot regardless.  Rondo was not going to take it to the rim.  Plus, he knew he would be hacked with no call. 3) Even if he had hit the shot, there would have been some kind of foul called to lose the game Yes, this is a marketing driven league.  I thought the C's played a great game last night and my hat's off to them.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

yup. wats more important, 18,000 people going home happy and buying more tickets, or us away fans being happy our team won while we watch from our tvs? 

pretty simple answer! Go Money! Go stern!-to hell Go marketing!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]The C's played a gutsy 2nd half being the second of a back to back on the road against a good team. The Celtics are also short handed, playing without 3 key players "counting Jermaine O'neal." I"m not discouraged at all by this loss. It would have been an amazing win considering all the factors going against the C's tonight.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    and the excuses just keep on coming.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG Just Missed : Except that he won't be left wide open.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]
    Rondo has a lot of assists because  he can't shoot and dishes off the ball to an open man. simple.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]KG is kinda soft under the basket. Unless its a clean alley oop, he rarely goes up strong. Usually its an off balance shot or a roll off his fingers. Hes just not a strong finisher underneath ala Dwight Howard KG has also been playing much better than last year...much, much better. Grabbing boards, hustling and just an overall improvement.  Im happy with KGs game... and if he missed a short bank shot last night, so what.. Ray misses wide open 3's and Quis missed a few bunnies as well. Nothing is automatic. My biggest concern against the mavs and other teams is our offense. Its starting to look at times like the Lebron Cavs... Stand around with Rondo dribbling... then he stops his dribble and searches who to give it up to... then we settle for a weak shot as the clock winds down. Wheres the plays and motion? Rondo can penetrate almost at will and create.. Yet we just stand around.. hard to figure
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    soft in the head too for the cancer remark.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]This team needs to close quarters and games. Why they can't do that? I think it is due to their offense. If their defense is a grade A, their offense is a B- at best. This team still misses Posey who can play defense and make timely shots. Yes they are talented but still needs Posey type player. Too bad that players like that are too explensive and not available.
    Posted by lovetruth007[/QUOTE]
    I believe they've had their share of close or over time wins.

Sections
Shortcuts