KG looks pretty good lately

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

KG looks pretty good lately

In his last five games he is certainly producing...

32  MPG
    21  PPG
    10  RPG
    1.2 SPG
    1.0 BPG

.590 FGP (mostly jumpers...few dunks....he needs to go inside more)
    .758 FTP

I don't think he really returned from the injury in '09 until now....unfortunately he lost his explosiveness (and confidence?) for parts of three years...and he is now three years older....can you imagine what he could contribute on a true contender?   ....as a starter or off the bench?...that injury changed the fortunes of this current team...I think we lost a couple of titles...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: KG looks pretty good lately

He has been terrific.  The competition has not been the best but he has led the team.  The test is coming on the road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Its longer than 5 games.  Almost identical stats for last 10 games and his defense has been good for a while.  Even in the losses, it wasn't noticed that Garnett was the one player who was good and consistent.  He's the fire that makes the C's go.  Pierce is the offensive firepower that makes us go.  Rondo and Ray are important to the system, but not like KG and the Captain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Agree. KG is our key as our front court is so deficient. Can his body holdup ? Can he hit the big shots and get in D coverage in crunch time When the energy level needs to be racheted up a level ? These are the challenges for older players and aging bodies, especially at the end of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Feb 19. 2009- my birthday - and the day KG went down in Utah.  Not the best birthday present I've ever received.....
    I wonder if he knows he'll retire, so he's laying it all on the line for the last half of a season.
    I really can't see him in another uniform now, and I really can't see him playing for vet min.  I hope we either bring him back, cheaply, or he calls it quits at the end of the year!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

tht's because he's playing Center so he's forced to be on the low block on defence instead of being on the perimeter guarding PF's, on offense he's just too quick of the dribble against most 5's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slipslidingaway. Show slipslidingaway's posts

In Response to Re: KG looks pretty good lately:
    [QUOTE]tht's because he's playing Center so he's forced to be on the low block on defence instead of being on the perimeter guarding PF's, on offense he's just too quick of the dribble against most 5's
    Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]

If only the Celtics could aquire a big man. Maybe the Hornets will ease up on their demands for Kaman. It is days like this that makes me think they could make a run if they just got one more viable big guy. Kaman for JO would make me really happy. Rondo was nice today, hard to consider trading him when he is playing like this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]tht's because he's playing Center so he's forced to be on the low block on defence instead of being on the perimeter guarding PF's, on offense he's just too quick of the dribble against most 5's
    Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]

Actually, in those 10 games, Wilcox and JON have started more at Center than KG.  He's only played 3 games at Center yet he's played well for the last dozen games or so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

looks fantastic. cant trade him, hes our defensive catalyst. 

Wilcox - really playing up to his potential after all these years, kudos to doc for getting it out of him.

Bass - MUCH improved on defense from when he started here...see all his blocks today!? 

We are, indeed, ONE big man away from being scary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: KG looks pretty good lately": [QUOTE]looks fantastic. cant trade him, hes our defensive catalyst.  Wilcox - really playing up to his potential after all these years, kudos to doc for getting it out of him. Bass - MUCH improved on defense from when he started here...see all his blocks today!?  We are, indeed, ONE big man away from being scary. Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE] Milcic? He's obviously not great, but he could be had possibly without giving up any of the Big 4. He's bigger, younger, and better than JO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Playing as a center gives him the matchup advantage in most games he's long enough for a 7+ and too quick and too deep a range for most centers to come out on. KG at center gives us an atletic pf in Brandon Bass. I will give credit where credit is due Hubie Brown said the same thing today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: KG looks pretty good lately": Milcic? He's obviously not great, but he could be had possibly without giving up any of the Big 4. He's bigger, younger, and better than JO
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

true, we dont even need someone elite. just a good big man. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG looks pretty good lately : If only the Celtics could aquire a big man. Maybe the Hornets will ease up on their demands for Kaman. It is days like this that makes me think they could make a run if they just got one more viable big guy. Kaman for JO would make me really happy. Rondo was nice today, hard to consider trading him when he is playing like this.
    Posted by slipslidingaway[/QUOTE]

sounds like the rants of an infamous poster on here....hmmmmmm

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slipslidingaway. Show slipslidingaway's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG looks pretty good lately : sounds like the rants of an infamous poster on here....hmmmmmm
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Meaning what? I gave my thoughts, sorry if this feels like it was something else. I will tell you this much, I enjoy talking about the Celtics, but I think I need to find another forum, because you people act like children.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]looks fantastic. cant trade him, hes our defensive catalyst.  Wilcox - really playing up to his potential after all these years, kudos to doc for getting it out of him. Bass - MUCH improved on defense from when he started here...see all his blocks today!?  We are, indeed, ONE big man away from being scary.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

They would never trade KG anyway.  He has a max contract coming off the books.  I agree with the OP though, KG has had a nice little run and has been very productive as of late.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Keep KG as Center.  He still needs to establish more of a post game.   Less outside shots the better but still shoot some of them.   Best shot selection for him would be about 10 shots in the post a game and about 6 to 8 outside shots a game.  Also he needs to stay closer inside more and get the rebounds with Wilcox and or Bass.   Danny boy needs to find a real center by the trade Deadline.  Howard for 2 draft picks might work.  Kaman from New Orleans would be good too.  Do not under break up this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG looks pretty good lately : Meaning what? I gave my thoughts, sorry if this feels like it was something else. I will tell you this much, I enjoy talking about the Celtics, but I think I need to find another forum, because you people act like children.
    Posted by slipslidingaway[/QUOTE]

Hey do'nt let them get to you...thicken the skin...i felt like that early on too..
    I came back because there are some hilarious people here too..i go to sams board also...when i need a break..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Ray Allen is probably the weakest link among players remaining from the championship team. He still shoots for a high percentage but his defense is atrocious and his passing reckless. The Celtics play just as well with him as without him. I'm open to trading him, but I agree at this point that Garnett, Pierce, and Rondo are all too important right now for any of them to be traded. If the Celtics go on a little run here and rise up to the 6 seed, they could make it to the second round and then see what happens. Rebounding is better this year, thanks to Wilcox and Bass. Adding another quality big would be huge (pun intended).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]looks fantastic. cant trade him, hes our defensive catalyst.  Wilcox - really playing up to his potential after all these years, kudos to doc for getting it out of him. Bass - MUCH improved on defense from when he started here...see all his blocks today!?  We are, indeed, ONE big man away from being scary.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  If Jermaine hadn't been signed to two years and someone else was the starting center in his place.  We probably would have been a much better team this year and had more wins.   Jermaine is injured too often.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG looks pretty good lately : Agree with you.  If Jermaine hadn't been signed to two years and someone else was the starting center in his place.  We probably would have been a much better team this year and had more wins.   Jermaine is injured too often.
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    If we could get Kaman here I am starting to think with KG healthy we could acutally make a run with a real center who can rebound and score. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG looks pretty good lately : If we could get Kaman here I am starting to think with KG healthy we could acutally make a run with a real center who can rebound and score. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Let me guess Daniels for Kaman straight up?   lolol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG looks pretty good lately : Let me guess Daniels for Kaman straight up?   lolol
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts