KG most likely out of the Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG most likely out of the Heat

The discussion during post game about KG was not encouraging.  Doc sounded like KG would not play and was unsure of his return . Pierce seemed to indicate the same thing.    Groin pulls are very difficult to get over.  I hope we see him Monday night. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: KG most likely out of the Heat

Re-injury is common if he comes back too soon, however, it may not be as bad as they say.

It could be just "Stern-itis"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope you are right. I don't think so, although Bass apparently told a reporter KG would play Monday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He may indeed miss several games.  Hopefully, we won't lose many games without him and he is healthy for the playoffs.  It won't help the Celtics if they lose several games which could result in ending up a lower seed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

By no means do I feel that our commanding victory over the lowly Bobcats will insure we win vs the Heat. However, I've had groin injuries playing tennis and depending upon the severity, Ibuprofen(Advil) or Naproxen(Aleve) can reduce inflamation & mask pain so one can play for a few hours.

With KG out we will miss his rebounding, his "D" and shooting from 5-15 ft out. But without him, based on some stats from last night's game, we shot 52% to their 45%. Also we shot 10 out of 15 threes to their 7 out of 20.

The Heat's "D" will be much tougher so we might be lucky to shoot 45% and who knows how many 3s. But the most important statistic that I loved is that we outrebounded them 42-35 so had 7 second chances. And it was Randolph who got the most, 8, and then a number of our players got 6. If we can duplicate the same stats effort vs Miami we can win w/o KG !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

The obvious but not conclusive fact is that without KG in the playoffs the C's wouldn't get too far if even one series. I believe it is imperative that KG is completely healed before returning to the court even if we slip slightly in the seeding. HST 8th would not be a great place to be. I have an idea that he has been playing with this injury for a while now as I look back on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The Miami game means nothing. I would way rather that KG not play and heal up then play in a meaningless regular season game and risk further injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

The Miami game means nothing. I would way rather that KG not play and heal up then play in a meaningless regular season game and risk further injury.

We knew KG would go down at some point. If it is for a minor injury we are very lucky.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In the last game against Miami, Lebron shot 3 for 11 when guarded by Jeff Green. I guess we will see how good Jeff Green is at defense tomorrow night.

Miami is not a big team, however, without KG to anchor the defense, the Cs have usually struggled this year. It is possible that with Green on Lebron, and Bradley on Wade, it may come down to Bosh to have a big game for the Heat.

Green may get into foul trouble just because it is Lebron. If that is the case, it will take a committee

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

In the last game against Miami, Lebron shot 3 for 11 when guarded by Jeff Green. I guess we will see how good Jeff Green is at defense tomorrow night.

Miami is not a big team, however, without KG to anchor the defense, the Cs have usually struggled this year. It is possible that with Green on Lebron, and Bradley on Wade, it may come down to Bosh to have a big game for the Heat.

Green may get into foul trouble just because it is Lebron. If that is the case, it will take a committee

KG at seven feet gives us a real advantage against the Heat.  To win that game it will take us playing over our heads and them finally giving in to their win streak.   Just last week the Bobcats beat us by 26 points anything can happen.  No one regular season game is that important though, so don't count on Doc going all out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Re-injury is common if he comes back too soon, however, it may not be as bad as they say.

It could be just "Stern-itis"

You may be right. Doc does not seem worried at all.

Garnett was a late scratch Saturday before the Celtics' 105-88 win against Charlotte with the injury, which is located in the thigh area. Rivers stressed Sunday that he doesn't believe the injury is that serious and he said it ranked as a "1" on a scale of 1 to 10. - See more at: http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/#sthash.PUoYFAd8.dpuf

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

One thing we all should have learned the past several years....DONT BELIEVE A WORD FROM THE C'S BRASS ABOUT PLAYER INJURIES

KG could be out a month or in Monday nights game  where he'll reinjure his groin even worse. No confidence in Bostons medical team or flow of accurate information when it comes to player injuries.

Ive seen enuf

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

One thing we all should have learned the past several years....DONT BELIEVE A WORD FROM THE C'S BRASS ABOUT PLAYER INJURIES

KG could be out a month or in Monday nights game  where he'll reinjure his groin even worse. No confidence in Bostons medical team or flow of accurate information when it comes to player injuries.

Ive seen enuf

they do not/should not fell the need to give you any info

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

By no means do I feel that our commanding victory over the lowly Bobcats will insure we win vs the Heat. However, I've had groin injuries playing tennis and depending upon the severity, Ibuprofen(Advil) or Naproxen(Aleve) can reduce inflamation & mask pain so one can play for a few hours.

With KG out we will miss his rebounding, his "D" and shooting from 5-15 ft out. But without him, based on some stats from last night's game, we shot 52% to their 45%. Also we shot 10 out of 15 threes to their 7 out of 20.

The Heat's "D" will be much tougher so we might be lucky to shoot 45% and who knows how many 3s. But the most important statistic that I loved is that we outrebounded them 42-35 so had 7 second chances. And it was Randolph who got the most, 8, and then a number of our players got 6. If we can duplicate the same stats effort vs Miami we can win w/o KG !!!

That's a bunch of bull, KG needs to suck it up and PLAY for the Celtics have any chance to win a series in the playoffs.  WTF are paying him for?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

If he is not at 100 % he should not play. The Miami game is not more important than any other game in the RS.

Sections
Shortcuts