KG not the same player without a Perkins, Shaq or even Sheed backing him up.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

KG not the same player without a Perkins, Shaq or even Sheed backing him up.

Nobody wants to talk about that though.

He works best with a physical post presence on D that we no longer have.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Re: KG not the same player without a Perkins, Shaq or even Sheed backing him up.

KG is just not the same player after the knee injury. Doesn't drive, no lift, and tends to jump with one foot (especially in traffic), so he can't grab rebounds with 2 hands anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNNbz5FIuCQ

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Re: KG not the same player without a Perkins, Shaq or even Sheed backing him up.

Hold on, PP is injured and can't play according to most. KG can't play after his injury. Celtic injuries combined with bad refs (our other favorite Boston excuse) is obviously the reason the Celtics stink.

All figured out!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The point is this, How are we going to beat Chicago,Miami or NY in this condition?

If we are'nt, then let's rebuild.

If we land some major players this summer with a rested KG, I don't see him retiring in a season where he misses the playoffs.

Of course that major player would have to be Howard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

pp is going to have a big game tonight,.me fisrt said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Really? I thought it's because it's his 17th season and knee injuries. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: KG not the same player without a Perkins, Shaq or even Sheed backing him up.:
    Really? I thought it's because it's his 17th season and knee injuries. 
    Posted by tompenny

You are correct sir...watching KG & JON this year makes me long for Shaq because even if he couldn't jump anymore at least he would still lower his shoulder and bull his way to the rim.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to KG not the same player without a Perkins, Shaq or even Sheed backing him up.:
    Nobody wants to talk about that though. He works best with a physical post presence on D that we no longer have.
    Posted by DaCeltics

doesnt neone work best with that behind them? i know what your saying but lets not act like kg hasnt been a defensive king his entire career..dating back to minnesota. hes just old.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I suspect there is an injury (ankle) that is not being discussed...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to KG not the same player without a Perkins, Shaq or even Sheed backing him up.:
    Nobody wants to talk about that though. He works best with a physical post presence on D that we no longer have.
    Posted by DaCeltics

This is the thread I have been waiting for.  I have posted a few times about this fact.
    DaCeltics, thanks for putting it front and center

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: KG not the same player without a Perkins, Shaq or even Sheed backing him up.:
    Hold on, PP is injured and can't play according to most. KG can't play after his injury . Celtic injuries combined with bad refs (our other favorite Boston excuse) is obviously the reason the Celtics stink. All figured out!
    Posted by null

"our other favorite Boston excuse" -You'd have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not to see that Boston is always getting scr* wed over by the refs. That is not the problem though. Age, injury, bad draft picks, and poor trades that is the problem.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Anyone else remember what Cownes was like post Silas.  Similar thing here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

ESPN article on how things have gone for the Celtics since the Perk trade.
    Depressing but interesting read.
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7465322/kendrick-perkins-returns-boston-face-former-team

Sections
Shortcuts