KG of 2008?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

KG of 2008?

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/celtics/

If KG is back to his old self again then Pau Gasol shouldn't be a problem anymore. 

I really hope what Doc is saying is true. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Re: KG of 2008?

Oh man,dont make me dream with the 2008 kg
    dunking that putback over gasol

I hope this is true,because if it is...

Watch out Bosh

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Unfortunately, I don't see KG returning to his old his form. He will still be a decent defender and player overall, but I believe the knee injury plus he's a couple of years older, Pau Gasol will still OWN him, but he will be effective in a way.

Let's face it, KG is in the same boat with Tim Duncan, two great big men in their twilight years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: KG of 2008?:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately, I don't see KG returning to his old his form. He will still be a decent defender and player overall, but I believe the knee injury plus he's a couple of years older, Pau Gasol will still OWN him, but he will be effective in a way. Let's face it, KG is in the same boat with Tim Duncan, two great big men in their twilight years.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]
       Sure K.G is past his prime at 34, but many of us including myself are expecting a more mobile K.G as compared to last season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

Man im exceited for the new season.  is it gametime yet

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Sadly KG is nearing the end of a great career. The rumor mill saying he is of a standard near his 2008 form is ridiculous. He's 2 years older, more miles on his clock and beaten down by Gasol in 2010.

He'll have his moments for sure but 2008 form? Not even close.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Sadly KG is nearing the end of a great career. The rumor mill saying he is of a standard near his 2008 form is ridiculous. He's 2 years older, more miles on his clock and beaten down by Gasol in 2010. He'll have his moments for sure but 2008 form? Not even close.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

Sadly (not really), with MORE miles on his legs than KG, and coming off his fifth knee surgery, we may have seen the last, best year of koME in 2010.  He showed signs of being on the decline with that abysmal 6-24 game in Game 7.   He'll have him moments this year, but it will be tough for him to regain his old form.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I expect we'll see a better KG than last year.  But at 34, I think he's destined to play around the same number of minutes.  With  J O'Neal able to take some minutes at the 4-5, I think Doc will continue to manage minutes where he can.  I'd love for him to give the young guys minutes where he can (Harangody, Erden, etc.) to see what he has, but I won't hold my breath

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

KG looked good in the play-offs this year, however, while he showed that he could jump, block shots, and blow by Gasol on offense, he would not jump to rebound in traffic in the play-offs, and he did not have as much confidence in his lateral motion as he has in the past. For those that were looking, the physical recovery was there during the playoffs. If the confidence is back, look out.

KG led the entire league in rebounding for multiple years, and his defensive skills are well known. While he will proabably never be at the 2004 levels again, I think that 2008 is within his reach. "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Rumors of KG's demise are greatly exaggerated.

Last year we did not see the explosiveness or the quick lateral movement in his rotations.

Everythinmg that i have heard from his  teammates is positive.

2008 KG -- no way possible....better than 2009 when we almost won the title...definitely a probability..

dboss

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rum,
    Let me make a prediction Gasol is headed for an injury plagued underperforming year. With Bynum out to at least December this seven foot plus beanpole will get stretched big time this year look for this unpleasant Spaniard to be whining early and often all season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG of 2008? : That's the same thing Doc and Ainge were saying last season. That KG would be playing with out pain for a long time and we all know how that went, KG's best years are loooooooong gone. This time they are also saying Fat Albert (Shaq) is in the best shape he's ever been. People he is wearing a white uniform of course he's going to look in shape. BACK TO BACK WITH OUT SHAQ!!!!!!!!!!! SWEET THREE PEAT LOADING... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DYNASTY!!!!!!!!
    Posted by GREEN-KILLER1000[/QUOTE]

Bynum now out until December
    koME getting limited mins in pre-season due to FIFTH knee surgery.  KG has only had ONE - and koME has played more  - go figure!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

ill believe it when i see it...until then...its bosh's job to say...watch out KG!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG of 2008? : Fat Albert lol.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

I'll take Fat Albert over Theo Ratliff any day of the week

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Theo Ratliff's last decent season was like 5 years ago, and even then he was averaging what, 22 minutes a game?  The man is a walking injury and not to be relied upon.  Two of the Lakers big men have knees of glass.  In fact, Bynum is trending to be the same kind of player as Ratliff -- very talented, always hurt.  Not exactly reassuring.  So I wouldn't write off KG just yet if I were a Laker supporter. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

DOC's assessments of KG have been right over time. There is no reason to doubt his assessment now. When Doc says that he is explosive, I take him at his word.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Just watch.  Unless he is still hurt he will deliver the goods.  I think the Celtics' management was playing Bellichickian games last season and the fan base was naturally impatient and horrified at the closing window.  I apologize to KG for having questioned his heart and integrity last year.

KG is the best move the Celtics have made since acquiring Kevin McHale and Robert Parish for JB Carroll.  It's just wonderful to see the energy and enthusiasm.  It's infectious on many levels.  Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker, the ex-co-captain duo, had tons of heart but simply didn't have the depth of reliability to carry the Boston Celtics.  Also, I've considered that players like, for example, Glen Davis would be on the cusp of NBA busthood without somebody like...exactly like...Kevin Garnett showing them how the damn NBA game is played.   Kinda reminds me of this guy who would have "played [the] game for nothin'."  The Birdman was so scary good he pulled wins out of his rectum with  sheer audacity.  KG is almost like that.  He is so good he has literally restored credibility to the Celtics; on that basis alone he deserves the benefit of the doubt.  Add his dedication and enthusiasm and I can't think of a power forward I would rather have.  Think about it.  Who even qualifies to be discussed in the same sentence?  Dumb Tincan perhaps.  Stoudamire?, no.  Gasol, perhaps.  Boozer, perhaps.  Zaza?  Andray Blatche?....hahaaahaa, etc.

As my dad said to me right before Larry Bird took that game away from Isiah Thomas:  "Oh ye of little faith..."  Woe and shame unto thee oh Celtics Nation; kindly get used to supporting winning and PRIDE and stop your misinformed whining about KG.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

oops, I forgot about Dirk Nowitzki...he's pretty good

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I can't wait for this season to start.  2 yrs to recover from knee surgery.  This is year 2.  Wait and see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Bias,

I would really like to see that line up against the Heat, at least as an experiment.

Sections
Shortcuts