KG or BASS, if you can ONLY re-sign one next year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

KG or BASS, if you can ONLY re-sign one next year?

WE all have more emotional connection to kg but we simply cant keep getting ourebounded against elite teams. bass is good and a great compliment to kg but again, we simply cant roll both of them out there as starters. one has to come off the bench or we have to upgrade both positions. i dont kg sees himself as a bench guy right now but that may be the best option. frankly i want neither starting! hibbert and humphries would do it for me. again, assuming we must pick one or the other and kg or bass to start, which one leaves? we simply wont have enough minutes for kg, bass and steamer off the bench!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Re: KG or BASS, if you can ONLY re-sign one next year?

Well i thought we already had Bass signed for next year?? They both cant start, and quite frankly im not sure I want either of them starting. Lets not get caught up on Bass success, part of it is due to KG. Offensively maybe is all credited to him but the reason he is playing such good D is because of the man beside him. We all know KG's presence on n off the court and in practices. With that being said I dont get rid ok KG, Id like to see KG start with a free agent center that we sign, play a very limited roll. 5 up, 5 down seems to be working decently. Id like to see bass come off the bench for KG. Then slide KG back in after his 5 down beside Bass at the center.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

That will leave enough space and playing time to bring in either Hibbert or Humphries as the starting center and play steimsma as the back up center before we slide KG in beside Bass.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

NOT EVEN CLOSE. A question which doesn't deserve any decent answer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

If Bass doesn't exercise his player option he becomes a FA ... then the C's can sign him for more than anyone else once they're over the cap with their Bird-Rts. If that happens, then KG can be resigned to play Center with Steamer and a draft pick behind him and Humphries can be added to start at PF with Bass behind him.

Trick question ... the answer is to keep both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

It depends very much on how much money KG demands. Would love for him to accept a smaller role. Don't know if he could handle that, though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They will sign both.  Unless KG retires.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

like Bass, appreciate him, but no question it's KG.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

You re right that Bass have a player option.  I do think Bass would like to stay as a Celtics cuz he love it there.  But Bass is only 26 years old and know that he will find a long term contract elsewhere with a possible more money a year.  Just like baseball.  Players alway say, I love this place, but still take off to sign with another team for more money.  

For KG, I know he would love to come back.  Hardest part for him is to take a huge paycut after making 21 plus million.   Garnett know that there will be teams that will offer more money than Ainge is giving him.  Or Garnett just know that he isnt playing more than one to two years from now.  If he see that, he would remain as a Celtics and finish the career there no matter how much he is making.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It depends on the money and years both want. Kg is obviously still a lot better than Bass offensively, on the boards and defensively.  With that said the Celtics cant overpay KG or give him too many years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

KG is clearly the pick if you had to chooose one but I don't accept that dilemma.  I say they can sign them both.  

The real issue of choice is what to do between Wilcox, Steimsma, JON's slot, and Hollins.  Will Steimsma get offered too much by someone else?   Who else is available?  That's where the debate should be focused.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: KG or BASS, if you can ONLY re-sign one next year?:
    [QUOTE]KG is clearly the pick if you had to chooose one but I don't accept that dilemma.  I say they can sign them both.   The real issue of choice is what to do between Wilcox, Steimsma, JON's slot, and Hollins.  Will Steimsma get offered too much by someone else?   Who else is available?  That's where the debate should be focused.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

C's have a $1M QO outstanding on Steamer ... If anyone offers more, we can match. Being under the cap, any team going after Steamer would be wasting their time unless they want to overpay dearly for him.

For PF's and Centers? Here's the Restricted Free Agents:

Centers:

B. Lopez > With chaos in NJ you could slip in and steal him
    Hibbert /> LB not likely to let the C's steal him
    Asik /> Starter for another team next year but no offense, 10 rbds & defense only
    McGee /> After giving up Nene to get him, don't expect Denver to walk away
    R. Lopez /> Who cares?

PFs:

Ryan Anderson > Can't see the Magic letting him go but he'd be perfect here!
    JJ Hickson /> We already had a chance so not likely this summer
    Mo Speights /> I'm not that high on him
    Beasley /> Could be had but as a starting PF? Maybe a swing SF/PF
    Jason Thompson /> Meh ... But Rame likes him

Free Agents:

PFs:

Tim Duncan
    Humphries > He works
    Landry
    K Martin
    Jamison
    Brand (ETO)
    Ilyasova > He works too
    Turiaf
    Diaw

Centers:

Kaman /> Injury prone and overpaid
    Camby /> a 1 yr contract to assist KG & Steamer till DH is a FA in 2013?
    Hawes > Best value for a short term option ($4.1M exp contract)
    Gray /> Cheapest of them all but ....
    Brown /> Overpaid now
    Okur /> Overpaid

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

no brainer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

NO BRAINER !

BRING BACK KG FOR 2 YRS - even Rasheed and Jermaine P'Neal got 2yr deals on their last contract , and they sure didn't earn what they were paid.

KG has earned every penny of his 5 yr deal with the Celtics - he has made them not just a contender , but one of the greatest and most entertaining Celtics teams of all time....

Of course he comes back next season.

As good as Bass has been , I see him as the odd man out - Jeff Green will be back to play behind Pierce and will pick up some of Bass's minutes , and JuJuan Johnson will need to play. Bass is a progress stopper in front of JuJuan Johnson and isn't Jeff Green better anyway ? I don't think Green will command the $9M the Celtics were ready to give him, who would you rather have ?

Bass for $4.5M or Jeff Green for $4.5M ?

Jeff Green was damn good playing with Durant and Westbrook , I'd love to see him get his chance in Boston with Rondo and Avery Bradley....

I'D TAKE KG OVER BASS BECAUSE OF JEFF GREEN AND BECAUSE KG IS THE HEART AND SOUL OF THE CELTICS AND A GREAT LOCKER ROOM INFLUENCE TO ALL THE YOUNG PLAYERS...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

KG

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to KG or BASS, if you can ONLY re-sign one next year?:
    [QUOTE]WE all have more emotional connection to kg but we simply cant keep getting ourebounded against elite teams. bass is good and a great compliment to kg but again, we simply cant roll both of them out there as starters. one has to come off the bench or we have to upgrade both positions. i dont kg sees himself as a bench guy right now but that may be the best option. frankly i want neither starting! hibbert and humphries would do it for me. again, assuming we must pick one or the other and kg or bass to start, which one leaves? we simply wont have enough minutes for kg, bass and steamer off the bench!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Whichever one gives you the least chance of winning so that the rebuilding process can start.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

If Okafor gets bought out by NO, the Celtics could claim him and get him for dirt cheap.  The Celts will be under the cap and will have priority to sign him.  If you give $5M to Okafor and $8-10 to Garnett for the next two seasons, that gives you financial flexibility. 
    Bass never got a huge contract, so he will ask for a big long-term deal.  Not really what the Celtics want.  You first give those long deals to stars before giving them to nice role players like Bass. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]If Okafor gets bought out by NO, the Celtics could claim him and get him for dirt cheap.  The Celts will be under the cap and will have priority to sign him.  If you give $5M to Okafor and $8-10 to Garnett for the next two seasons, that gives you financial flexibility.  Bass never got a huge contract, so he will ask for a big long-term deal.  Not really what the Celtics want.  You first give those long deals to stars before giving them to nice role players like Bass. 
    Posted by GregCelts[/QUOTE]

KG is fairly typical of a player playing for a contract - my 73 year old stepfather recently asked me what has gotten into KG?  I said he is looking at a 15 million dollar paycut... of course he said that can't be it... and I said where has the way he is playing now been for the last 3 years?  Playing for a contract and continuing to be a punk on just about every play should provide more than enough perspective on what KG really is all about..... where has this been for the last 3 years.... oh wait... I cannot wait to read that he is now playing center instead of the 4 and that he is healthy and the 4 years ago he had a knee injury that he never got over until this year.... lmfao.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

It's official - this person known as "The Dudder" who writes things here about the Boston Celtics ?.....he's either posting from a mental hospital or he got his 4-20 holiday off to an early start. Nothing personal, but this clown has zero credibility and shouldn't be writing anything about the Celtics anywhere on the internet... 

See you at the dope parade Dudder !

KG has been collecting a check for 3 years ?

Yeah right , it would have been 3 straight Finals appearances if he didn't get hurt the 2nd yr

And then going 7 games with the Lakers and having a chance to win with 2 minutes left....yeah, KG was coasting then too....

OFFICIAL: Dudder posts from Planet Stupid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to KG or BASS, if you can ONLY re-sign one next year? : Whichever one gives you the least chance of winning so that the rebuilding process can start.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Go away.You add nothing but bile to any discussion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]It's official - this person known as "The Dudder" who writes things here about the Boston Celtics ?.....he's either posting from a mental hospital or he got his 4-20 holiday off to an early start. Nothing personal, but this clown has zero credibility and shouldn't be writing anything about the Celtics anywhere on the internet...  See you at the dope parade Dudder ! _______________________________________________________________ KG has been collecting a check for 3 years ? Yeah right , it would have been 3 straight Finals appearances if he didn't get hurt the 2nd yr And then going 7 games with the Lakers and having a chance to win with 2 minutes left....yeah, KG was coasting then too.... ______________________________________________________________ OFFICIAL: Dudder posts from Planet Stupid.
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

+1