KG retires after season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: KG retires after season

In response to scauma09's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

My belief is that KG is too loyal and will not pull a RA and chase a ring that would make him look like a hypocrite. Remember KG stayed in Minn when they weren't winning.

All these NBAers that are saying Ainge will trade KG must not know KG has a no trade clause. KG will help mentor the young guys and retire after the season.

Just my opinion

That's just great! 

In case you didn't know, even if KG retires his salary will still count against the cap. It would be like paying KG even if he's not working.

Let KG retire after next season. The Celtics still need him next season.

that`s just silly.

That's only partly true, the team and KG can reach an agreement not to pay him his salary, in which case it doesn't count against the cap. They have to come to that agreement though, normally the player does collect their money, and it does count against the cap. For some reason I wouldn't be surprised if KG (if he did retire) tell the celts not to pay him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

I'm thinking the opposite.

I'm thinking he'd like to finish up playing one more season with Rondo, his mini-protege.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to scauma09's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

My belief is that KG is too loyal and will not pull a RA and chase a ring that would make him look like a hypocrite. Remember KG stayed in Minn when they weren't winning.

All these NBAers that are saying Ainge will trade KG must not know KG has a no trade clause. KG will help mentor the young guys and retire after the season.

Just my opinion

That's just great! 

In case you didn't know, even if KG retires his salary will still count against the cap. It would be like paying KG even if he's not working.

Let KG retire after next season. The Celtics still need him next season.

That's only partly true, the team and KG can reach an agreement not to pay him his salary, in which case it doesn't count against the cap. They have to come to that agreement though, normally the player does collect their money, and it does count against the cap. For some reason I wouldn't be surprised if KG (if he did retire) tell the celts not to pay him.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q61

Any money paid to a player is included in team salary, even if the player is no longer playing or has retired.

There is one exception whereby a player can continue to receive his salary, but the salary is excluded from team salary. This is when a player suffers a career-ending injury or illness.

They could definitely come to a buy out.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

how is it that a player who retires still gets paid?? doesn't a contract bind both parties?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This whole thread is moot until we hear KG saying he's going to retire

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts