KG Should Retire; Pierce Must Be Waived

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Re: KG Should Retire; Pierce Must Be Waived

In response to JG9000's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Find a hobby other than BDC.... you are no doubt the most frequent poster on this Celtics forum by a landslide and Id guess you post more than the next 2 highest posters combined.

On top of that, youre not too bright and demonstrate a tremendous insecurity about yourself constantly and relentlessly over responding until you bore your counterposter into what you believe is a victory, at least in your own pea brain

Come on, Karl, I come here to talk Celtics. You on the other hand come here to bash Doc Rivers every chance you get. For months now all you do is bash Doc Rivers. I think it's you that should find a hobby other than BDC.

Seriously, bashing Doc Rivers everyday?

Don't you get bored of doing that?

When was the last time you didn't bash Doc Rivers?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the dream is over. fire Danny Ainge. definately fire Doc Rivers. retire Pierce and Garnett. this franchise needs a complete rebuild.

I'M IN TOTAL AGREEMENT. TWO YEARS AGO, I THOUGHT THIS TEAM SHOULD BE BROKEN UP. NOW WITH RAY GONE AND PP AND KG'S VALUE CLEARLY DIMINSHED, IT'S TOO LATE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to RicoLakerfan's comment:

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

I've got a feeling that KG will be retiring after this season not because he can't play anymore but because he is probably tired of Danny Ainge screwing up this franchise. Danny Ainge has basically thrown KG and Pierce under the bus with his poor draft picks, failing to sign key players, his moronic trades, and his poor selection of free agents. Danny Ainge stripped this team of it's talent believing that KG, Pierce, and Rondo could carry this team without any support.

You can't be serious. Ainge drafted Bradley with the 19th pick and Sully with the 21st pick.

Poor selection of free-agents?

It's not like the Celts had a lot of cap room since KG and Ray became Celtic players in 2007.

There's a reason why there's this thing called salary cap rules.

Not to mention injuries forced their hand. When Perk when down in 2010. They had to get a center. They got Shaq and JO. No one else was out their in their price range. When KG went down they got Sheed as insurance. No injuries the Celtics probably make different moves. 

You are absolutely right! I was saying the same thing after that championship season. That's why I was shocked, floored that Danny Ainge did not draft Deandre Jordan who experts believed would have been a top 5 pick if he had stayed in school one more year. Danny Boy blew it drafting JR Giddens instead. That was the beginning of the end. (He also failed to sign James Posey and failed to get a replacement for PJ Brown.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

My sentiments exactly. He is the biggest jerk on this board. I live on the west coast and sometimes I come home at 10 or 11pm (even on a Saturday night)  and check to see what's up here and this a**h*** is still posting at what would be 1-2 am (or later) Boston time. A real loser.

If KG doesn't retire and Pierce is not waived, the Celts will not be able to sign an UFA like Al Jefferson.

Pierce can be waived by the Celts before July 1 then re-signed.

Also, 2 of the 3, Lee, Bass, or Terry have to be traded in order for the Celts to make room for an UFA worth 10-15m.

Find a hobby other than BDC.... you are no doubt the most frequent poster on this Celtics forum by a landslide and Id guess you post more than the next 2 highest posters combined.

On top of that, youre not too bright and demonstrate a tremendous insecurity about yourself constantly and relentlessly over responding until you bore your counterposter into what you believe is a victory, at least in your own pea brain

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I've got a feeling that KG will be retiring after this season not because he can't play anymore but because he is probably tired of Danny Ainge screwing up this franchise. Danny Ainge has basically thrown KG and Pierce under the bus with his poor draft picks, failing to sign key players, his moronic trades, and his poor selection of free agents. Danny Ainge stripped this team of it's talent believing that KG, Pierce, and Rondo could carry this team without any support.

Those moronic trades include bringing us Kg and Allen???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

You can't be serious. Ainge drafted Bradley with the 19th pick and Sully with the 21st pick.

It's not like the Celts had a lot of cap room since KG and Ray became Celtic players in 2007.

Not to mention injuries forced their hand. When Perk when down in 2010. They had to get a center. They got Shaq and JO. No one else was out their in their price range. When KG went down they got Sheed as insurance. No injuries the Celtics probably make different moves. 

You are absolutely right! I was saying the same thing after that championship season. That's why I was shocked, floored that Danny Ainge did not draft Deandre Jordan who experts believed would have been a top 5 pick if he had stayed in school one more year. Danny Boy blew it drafting JR Giddens instead. That was the beginning of the end. (He also failed to sign James Posey and failed to get a replacement for PJ Brown.)

Well, I wish he drafted Jordan too. In fairness though, EVERY single GM passed on him until the second round. So every team can kick itself on that one. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

In response to GAShamrock60's comment:

We will be hard pressed to trade Terry, Lee or Bass. With Rondo and Sullinger coming back and Melo having another year, I can see Ainge giving this team another shot next year. I think if we stay healthy and can add a decend center I think we can still compete. Then in 2014 we begin rebuilding and getting younger. It may not be the best plan but I think it is the most realistic at this point. If we are struggling by the trade deadline then I think we start earlier but I don't see that happening if were healthy.

YOUR DREAMING IF YOU THINK KG CAN TAKE ANOTHER 82 GAME SCHEDULE . THAT GRIND HAS MADE HIM LOOK ORDINARY ALONG WITH PIERCE. THE KNICKS ARE TOO FAST AND OUT HUSTLE US OVER THE 48 MIN GAME . WE WILL PROBABLY COME OUT BLAZING ONLY TO SEE ANOTHER 2ND HALF CRUMBLE

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Well, I wish he drafted Jordan too. In fairness though, EVERY single GM passed on him until the second round. So every team can kick itself on that one. 

Agree

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Danny always said that if he had been Red, he would have broken up the big three and rebuit earlier. However, now that he is here, he knows why Red did not do it. It makes no sense.

What ever he could get for great players past their prime wil never provide a highly competitive, let alone great team. The heroic play of KG and Pierce, along with the joy of watching players like Jeff Green makes for sense for business than watching a bunch of wannabees not make the playoffs for five to ten years.

I know it is fun to play GM, but come one guys, think of what you are asking for.

I would much rather watch Kevin Mckale  play on a heroic broken foot than the ten years that followed. I would rather watch KG and Pierce make their last stand than watch the Red Sox.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce,

the other option is memphis....because the team is for sale..we remember the pierce antwon era...right now with rondo and kg were a little better than that...

how do we get better?

we didnt see 2007..so danny may have a two year idea coming.....

in regards to perk..being the 7th seed makes the cs chances better in getting him cause there only about 15 teams ahead..

how can the cs get better..can they sign a nate robinson and look to get a peckovic from minnesota..hes really good...hes a tougher under the radar marc gasol...

do the celtics look to trade rondo or avery bradley and green to sac for demarcus and tyreke...There isnt an answer....

do the celtics call chicago for boozer if they keep kg?...

The cs need a difference maker..and who are they?..HEres a short list..josh smith, Eric gordan if hes healthy, kevin love, la marcus alldridge, demarcus cousins, david lee cause he rebounds and scores, nene, peckovic, all jefferson, danny granger,..etc...

do the celtics try for bynum?.. if hes healthy??....all ??????

there isnt an easy answer

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Jefferson has always been and always be just above average, nothing more.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Danny should have blown it up 2 years ago like a lot of people were saying. This is 1992 all over again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce,

it wont take 10 years cause in 3 if they clear the books...even in this system if the cs have money to spend you can go to contender really fast...

plus memp is paring down salary cause of the gay trade for tayshawn..and randolph maybe gasol are going to be traded cause of money...

rondo coming off a acl is better than mike connely..come on...tayshawn vs. paul.....come on paul is better...

its just kg. vs zach and gasol.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

well if paul and kg retire...that may be best for them..

if both retire...the cs can sign josh smith..and peckovic from minnesota..and you have started the building...rondo,bradley,smith,sullinger,peckovic..is an ok starting 5.....better than 41 wins..but lets see what danny does

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

but lets see what danny does..i hope he can come up with something..even if paul and kg stay

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce,

The pistons the last time they beat la with kobe and shaq won with a team of rasheed and billips...Lebron who knows may win 2 more rings and leave mia to go back to clev..REMEMBER WHERE DOES HE LIVE IN THE OFF SEASON...ohio!!!..but thats not known...When durant is a free agent its not a given he resigns with okl..If teams have money...

and in the next 2 years thwere may be players who may blossom or a team may assemble to beat miami and okl..Look at dallas...

this is soo off the cuff but if the celtics can sign..hmm...demarcus cousins, kevin love, rudy gay, with eric bledsoe and rondo..with bradley being your 6th.....probablity is low yes...but that can contend..

in regards to miami...its not all about lebron how old is wade?...Next 8 years??? wade is 31...wade is 31...when did paul start loosing his step...33...bosh who still isnt an all star but a good player is 29...lebron is 28...

so in 3 years would lebron want to stay with a 34-35 year old wade and a 32 year old bosh...when at 31 lebron can GO BACK TO CLEVELAND and play with kyree irving who will in 3 years be about...25...What would look better to a in 3 year lebron james who would be 31...a player who is 25 and a team who is 1 player away...or miami who wade and bosh whos talent will be going down word INSTEAD OF UPWARD...then wade would go home to chicago sign with rose..Bosh can go to texas..Durant will leave okl for lal,lac,bos,ny,brok,philly the NBA will WANT HIM IN A BETTER MEDIA MARKET..the nba learned from there zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz era..sure sac was a great team but...THEY WERE zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

all hope isnt lost...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

and theres the next good college player..

sure your durants and lebrons come every 8 to 10 years...but theres your good players and a deep draft like irving..etc....

danny would have to get really creative...but nobody saw 2007 come...lets see...but the wilcox and kg at c experiment has to end..brandon bass...peckovic could be great at center 6 foot 11 290 something..very tough plays for minn...and a FA...maybe boston can trade them bass, mello and 2 picks for peckovic or what ever needs to get it done..hes a tough center better than perk all the way around'

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

if the celtics go with paul and kg next year...

if danny could swing it...it could save em.

1. sign peckovic he would be the perfect 5 for the celtics...

2. sign free agent jose calderon. who can play pg and sg...more of a pg..he is a

SHOOTER he shoots 49% from 3 point...that would give boston the james posey more like eddie house option before...And mix and match with bradley and calderon...could be a great option... i know to make that happen bass,lee and maybe green or mello would all have to go...

then in 2 years paul and kg retire..boston has rondo,bradley,peckovic still young..thats something..maybe look to get illiyasova whos a big and can shoot 3s..like a better sheed..

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

It's over!  Get that through your thick skulls!  It was over at the end of last year, but people were too dumb to see it!  Blow it up and start the rebuild now.  Should have started it last year.  If I see one more post about how KG still has some gas in his tank, I'm gonna lose it.  KG is nothing more than an expensive role player now - the more Doc babies him, the more babying he requires.  KG has to retire.  Waive Paul Pierce.  Trade Rondo if you can.

Danny just did what he always said he wouldn't - he held onto tradeable assets too long and now they are worth nothing.  He repeated the mistakes of the late 80's Celtics and now we are all going to pay the price.  Get ready Celtics fans - its going to be a loooooooooong period of mediocrity and irrelevance.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

It's over!  Get that through your thick skulls!  It was over at the end of last year, but people were too dumb to see it!  Blow it up and start the rebuild now.  Should have started it last year.  If I see one more post about how KG still has some gas in his tank, I'm gonna lose it.  KG is nothing more than an expensive role player now - the more Doc babies him, the more babying he requires.  KG has to retire.  Waive Paul Pierce.  Trade Rondo if you can.

Danny just did what he always said he wouldn't - he held onto tradeable assets too long and now they are worth nothing.  He repeated the mistakes of the late 80's Celtics and now we are all going to pay the price.  Get ready Celtics fans - its going to be a loooooooooong period of mediocrity and irrelevance.

Agree.  If you read my many posts about KG just being a role player at this point in his career and shouldn't have been signed for the amount of money he is being paid.  If he was being paid a few million instead of the ridiculous amount that he is making the Celtics would have had more money to sign other players.   Not sure what will happen to Rondo but trading Rondo isn't even a consideration until he returns from his injury. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce,

see your point..teams need time to jell...sure what we saw in 07 was improbable a basically worst to title team..Also with the pistons you had a bad gm who traded rodman for nothing let vinny johnson go...i see what your saying about players but in 04 you had a deep team.which beat la. similar to dallas beating miami....but what does boston do?..They need to get lucky on a draft pick or picks....and have money under the cap to pay a free agent or take a contract of a unhappy player...thats it..

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts