KG Should Take Less Outside Shots

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: KG Should Take Less Outside Shots

I fully agree with this. We are a jump shooting team and championships are won in the paint. KG needs to get the ball down on the box more. We NEED inside scoring by ALL our bigs.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

This has been rehashed a bunch of times already. Most people, including me,  would agree with you, but its just not KG's game. He will score inside every now and then, but his main offense are jumpers. I'm afraid that particular old dog won't learn any new tricks.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to KG Should Take Less Outside Shots:
    With the Celtics leading 65-60 and momentum on their side KG passed up an opportunity to score in the paint and passed instead to Ray in the corner for a 3. That play is an example of not playing according to your size. KG was in the paint with 2 small Grizz players. I mean KG is a 7-footer, why not play like one? Tonight KG was only 3-9 from the field and most of those misses were from outside shots. In contrast, a 6-7 PF in Zach Randolph almost exclusively made his shots from inside the paint. It's not a question of can KG do it, we all know he can. He just has to stop settling for the outside shot.
    Posted by Fierce-34

And on the very next possession, KG had his usual 15 foot shot but instead attempted a tight pass on the interior to Krstic that was deflected and possessed by Memphis -- turnover.  I could not believe he kept trying to make the extra pass when he had open shots (he and Rondo do that alot).

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo should also take less outside shots.  At least KG can hit them with acceptable frequency.  It it weren't for layups I bet Rondo would be shooting <20% from the outside and those are uncontested 12 footers!!  #&*&*^$%^#

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Sorry Fierce.  Playoffs are not practice sessions to improve his shot.  He has had years. Its not going to get better in a couple of weeks and we can't afford him shooting at such horrendous percentage.  that would be a bad strategy.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Do you realize that BBD has taken like 50 more foul shots this season than KG?  Kinda remarkable when you factor in the MPG.  KG and RA have about the same amount for the season.  Guess we know who the jump shooters are.  PP has almost twice as many foul shots as KG.  BBD has about 20% more.

Pretty much says who's going to the hoop!!!

PA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to KG Should Take Less Outside Shots:
    With the Celtics leading 65-60 and momentum on their side KG passed up an opportunity to score in the paint and passed instead to Ray in the corner for a 3. That play is an example of not playing according to your size. KG was in the paint with 2 small Grizz players. I mean KG is a 7-footer, why not play like one? Tonight KG was only 3-9 from the field and most of those misses were from outside shots. In contrast, a 6-7 PF in Zach Randolph almost exclusively made his shots from inside the paint. It's not a question of can KG do it, we all know he can. He just has to stop settling for the outside shot.
    Posted by Fierce-34

he's afraid to play inside. go back to the finals last year and tell me if his game has eve changed. that is his normal game.

Sections
Shortcuts