KG to miss 2 weeks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

KG to miss 2 weeks

It certainly was for Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett, whose MRI results on his injured left leg came back negative.

If KG is not back in 2 weeks then I guess it's safe to say that that calf just turned into a cow.

HAHAHA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: KG to miss 2 weeks

BBD you are NOW THE MAN!!

Get that stock up and ball out. Buy low and sell high. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    Who do you consider untouchable on the Celtics?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

KG, PP, RA, Rondo and Shaq

Those are the critical pieces for us to win a title. Everyone else could be moved and we'd still win if these guys are healthy.

I guess people will have a problem with this list too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: KG to miss 2 weeks:
    [QUOTE]Bias, Who do you consider untouchable on the Celtics?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I think it's pretty obvious, Mikki Moore.

HAHAHA!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

That's what they said in 2009.  "A lower leg injury that was a muscle strain behind the right knee."  so, if they're playing the same game this year - basically his career is over and based on his reaction on the floor, Kevin Garnett may have known very well as he walked to the bench that there was a good chance he was done.  This may have been an emotional over reaction by Kevin, but clearly the emotional distress he showed on the floor said that he felt it was significant and far more so than a "muscle strain" that would have him out only for 2 weeks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]That's what they said in 2009.  "A lower leg injury that was a muscle strain behind the right knee."  so, if they're playing the same game this year - basically his career is over and based on his reaction on the floor, Kevin Garnett may have known very well as he walked to the bench that there was a good chance he was done.  This may have been an emotional over reaction by Kevin, but clearly the emotional distress he showed on the floor said that he felt it was significant and far more so than a "muscle strain" that would have him out only for 2 weeks.
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Goodness some of you are going to have ulcers pretty soon. Worry warts to know end.

Why are you even expecting to get any answers from the C's. Move on there is nothing to see here. As fans get ready for the next game. Doc will let us know when his vacation is over. KG is out for awhile and now you get what you all wanted our next Hall of Famer Glen Big Baby Davis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jeezem,
    I do share your concern. KG looked like he was more than a little concerned. Although considering what he's been through any injury there would freak him out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    You played ball and you don't see that BBD is a special player.  I would think it would be obvious to you.  He is a big time player.  You probably thought Hondo was expendable because he was a sixth man.  You are almost like Puddin on Rondo, unreachable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Does this thread me the sky is not falling?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't mean to be a downer here but I doubt that KG will be out for two weeks.  We play Orlando at home on January 17.  It would be nice to get that revenge with KG but on or around January 11, we'll hear that his return date will be pushed back.

Doc will be reiterating his new policy on players not returning until 100% so let's get ready.  I just don't trust what comes out of Celtics-land.  NOW, Rondo's ankle still has significant swelling and Doc isn't sure he will play tomorrow -- gametime decision.  Wow, that's new news.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Bias, You played ball and you don't see that BBD is a special player.  I would think it would be obvious to you.  He is a big time player.  You probably thought Hondo was expendable because he was a sixth man.  You are almost like Puddin on Rondo, unreachable.

He may have played ball, but I don't think playing ball with Smurfs count!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

It's time for each player to do a gut check and come to play hard and smart.  Take no team for granted and don't expect Garnett to be back before the All Star break.  'Gody, JON and Erdan, it is time to step it up!!!!

Thank God they got off to a good start and have some cushion to have a mini slide and still have a chance to eek out best record in the east. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

This is Harangody's chance. Every time Doc plays him he always does something positive, like scoring or rebounding. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]I don't mean to be a downer here but I doubt that KG will be out for two weeks.  We play Orlando at home on January 17.  It would be nice to get that revenge with KG but on or around January 11, we'll hear that his return date will be pushed back. Doc will be reiterating his new policy on players not returning until 100% so let's get ready.  I just don't trust what comes out of Celtics-land.  NOW, Rondo's ankle still has significant swelling and Doc isn't sure he will play tomorrow -- gametime decision.  Wow, that's new news.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

See Petey knows what's going on!

Ainge said two weeks in "conservative"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce, 
    I watch Harangody and marvel at how few mistakes he makes in limited play. Plus he always seems to be in the right place. He shoots and rarely misses and rebounds like crazy.  So what are we missing that Doc does not give him serious minutes.  And constantly praises Von Wafer on JON after a game where Luke is far more impressive. Doc needs to give this kid some real time he is one of those players who could be a big surprise.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce,  I watch Harangody and marvel at how few mistakes he makes in limited play. Plus he always seems to be in the right place. He shoots and rarely misses and rebounds like crazy.  So what are we missing that Doc does not give him serious minutes.  And constantly praises Von Wafer on JON after a game where Luke is far more impressive. Doc needs to give this kid some real time he is one of those players who could be a big surprise.  

I think it's on the defensive end where Doc doesn't trust Luke. 

Now that KG is out this will be Luke's chance to shine. Most likely he will be backing up BBD.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]This is Harangody's chance. Every time Doc plays him he always does something positive, like scoring or rebounding. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Not so sure about the rebounding.  He had a couple games where he played quite a few minutes and got zero rebounds

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG to miss 2 weeks : Not so sure about the rebounding.  He had a couple games where he played quite a few minutes and got zero rebounds
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

True. But he's active, he's usually in the mix when the ball is up for grabs. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]Jeezem, I do share your concern. KG looked like he was more than a little concerned. Although considering what he's been through any injury there would freak him out.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]  I agree and hope you are right.  My issue is that they said his injury in 2009 was a muscle strain and that he would only be out for 2 weeks at the most.  I think that is their canned answer for KG injuries and my guess is he will need more than 2 weeks to rehab any injury to that leg.  I honestly expect to see Perkins and Delonte back on the floor before KG, but hey - I hope I am wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts