K.G.- Too old for back to the basket offense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

K.G.- Too old for back to the basket offense?

He looks it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: K.G.- Too old for back to the basket offense?

I always try to understand why you say the things you do.

KG looked old in the last game. He was slower on defense, and slower on offense. However, back to the basket basketball does not require speed, and old guys have done it well for years. Besides, KG has never, ever, ever, ever been a prototypical back to the basket player, even in 2004, his MVP year. He would do it occasionally, in conjunction with the dream shake, and the fade away have always been his bread and butter. The guy has always been a more like a guard in a 7'1" frame, than Kevin McHale, or Tim Duncan, or Moses Malone. He just does not have the mass and upper body strength to do it on a consistent basis.

Besides, he has usually been one of the top field goal percentage guys in the league year after year.

I hate to say it, but, I think this year is the end of the road. I hope that I am wrong but, I think he will call it quits at the end of the year.

He has had a great career, and I wish he had always been in Boston, because things would have been different and better for him and for the Celtics.

So KG, if by chance you do read this stuff; you have been my favorite player since you entered the league. I wish you the best of everything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: K.G.- Too old for back to the basket offense?:
    [QUOTE]I always try to understand why you say the things you do. KG looked old in the last game. He was slower on defense, and slower on offense. However, back to the basket basketball does not require speed, and old guys have done it well for years. Besides, KG has never, ever, ever, ever been a prototypical back to the basket player, even in 2004, his MVP year. He would do it occasionally, in conjunction with the dream shake, and the fade away have always been his bread and butter. The guy has always been a more like a guard in a 7'1" frame, than Kevin McHale, or Tim Duncan, or Moses Malone. He just does not have the mass and upper body strength to do it on a consistent basis. Besides, he has usually been one of the top field goal percentage guys in the league year after year. I hate to say it, but, I think this year is the end of the road. I hope that I am wrong but, I think he will call it quits at the end of the year. He has had a great career, and I wish he had always been in Boston, because things would have been different and better for him and for the Celtics. So KG, if by chance you do read this stuff; you have been my favorite player since you entered the league. I wish you the best of everything.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying, there may be a good reason why K.G. keeps resorting to the jump-shot.

It is the easier on the body than posting or driving, or dream shake fade-away's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to K.G.- Too old for back to the basket offense?:
    [QUOTE]He looks it.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Why are you so always negative about the Celtics? And you call yourself a fan? I don't like fans who are fickle minded and not committed to their team. You are one of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to K.G.- Too old for back to the basket offense? : Why are you so always negative about the Celtics? And you call yourself a fan? I don't like fans who are fickle minded and not committed to their team. You are one of them.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you.  Some posters claim to be Celtics fans, yet always start negative threads about this team.  I don't believe some of them are Celtics fans or maybe are just negative about everything in their life.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: K.G.- Too old for back to the basket offense? : I definitely agree with you.  Some posters claim to be Celtics fans, yet always start negative threads about this team.  I don't believe some of them are Celtics fans or maybe are just negative about everything in their life.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Hey Da,  K.G. Has a message for you...  he told me to tell you to shut up and sit down and watch the game.  You have been making some asinine predictions this playoffs starting with the famous, C's going back to boston at 2-2 against N.Y.

You are disrespecting Russ with that avatar..so please change it, and K.G. said dont post after the C's win this series either... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Kg hasn't had a good post up game in years. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Kg hasn't had a good post up game in years. 
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]Agreed. KG has always been a more effective scorer facing the basket and particularly so when being covered by a player with equal length and size or greater. He has never been a beast on the block. It is why he has almost always been a 4 even when playing with smaller 5's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    Hogwash, bologna and some other responses that I'm not allowed to type on this site. He did a great job with post up fade aways on Saturday along with 2 post up hook shots. K.G rarely takes hook shots, but he frequently takes post up fade away jump shots. I'd like to see him take more post up hook shots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Five, I think Tim Duncan would disagree with you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Wow, his best game of the series is when he got easier baskets in the post Saturday night. He could have been doing that the last four years also. He hasn't needed to. Now he needs to exploit the height difference. That simple!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

DaCeltics, keeps getting closer and closer to being put on ignore like most of the Fakers trolls that used to roam BDC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Word!  Have some faith you nut heads!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: K.G.- Too old for back to the basket offense? : Hogwash, bologna and some other responses that I'm not allowed to type on this site. He did a great job with post up fade aways on Saturday along with 2 post up hook shots. K.G rarely takes hook shots, but he frequently takes post up fade away jump shots. I'd like to see him take more post up hook shots.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

You bringing up fade aways and hook shots are making my point.  I am talking about strong post moves.  That has never been a big part of KG's offensive game.  Even more when he gets older.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: K.G.- Too old for back to the basket offense? : Wow, his best game of the series is when he got easier baskets in the post Saturday night. He could have been doing that the last four years also. He hasn't needed to. Now he needs to exploit the height difference. That simple!
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

You guys act like Saying that Garnett doesn't have a strong post game means that I am being negative. As a 4 its' the weakest part of his game.  

Sections
Shortcuts