KG Trade idea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

KG Trade idea?

Daniel Shirey-USA Today Sports

When Rajon Rondo tore his ACL, a lot of people (including me) wrote off the Boston Celtics. It looks like the opening the team needs to shed some salary and rebuild with some youth. Kevin Garnett is up there in age, but he is still playing at a high rate. One team that should really go after him is the Los Angeles Clippers.

The trade that makes the most sense for both teams would be Garnett and Avery Bradley to LA with DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe headed back to Boston.  This would make the Clippers title contenders while it helps the Celtics rebuild with a bit of youth and potential stars.

As well as Jordan can play on a Chris Paul-led team, imagine Garnett holding down the center for them.  He is a guy with a ton of playoff experience and he could be that extra piece to shove them over the hump.  Adding a defensive-minded two guard in Bradley is also a nice piece for the team going forward.

As for Boston, they get a young center in Jordan who is continuing to improve.  Watching him play with Rondo would be a real treat.  However, the star of the trade would be Bledsoe.  He looks amazing in limited minutes and he would have a real chance to shine while Rondo recovers from his injury.

The chances of a deal look low, but you never know what will happen as the trade deadline approaches.  The Clippers have to like their chances now, but the Big Ticket might just be the last piece to that title puzzle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: KG Trade idea?

I don't hate this idea.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

When are one of these reporters going to mention that KG has a no-trade clause. With that said, KG may waive it for this deal. He has a home in Malibu and he'd be surrounded by a ton of talent. I would HATE to give up AB but it would put the Clippers over OKC in my opinion.

The problem for the C's is when Rondo comes back what happens to Bledsoe? Can he play SG?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

When are one of these reporters going to mention that KG has a no-trade clause. With that said, KG may waive it for this deal. He has a home in Malibu and he'd be surrounded by a ton of talent. I would HATE to give up AB but it would put the Clippers over OKC in my opinion.

The problem for the C's is when Rondo comes back what happens to Bledsoe? Can he play SG?

Thats a good question I think its worth a shot hes so talented and worth a look at SG and if it doesnt end up working out theyd have a nice trade chip in Rondo or Bledsoe next trade deadline, and yeah I agree with you if this trade was presented to KG I don't think hed have any trouble waiving his no trade clause.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I say you play them both in a PG rotation, and after he proves he's back you sell on Rondo as high an quickly as you can..I HATE his attitude, and it infects the rest of the team. When he's happy and playing well, so does the team, but as soon as he starts to get pouty, the whole team suffers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

Thats a good question I think its worth a shot hes so talented and worth a look at SG and if it doesnt end up working out theyd have a nice trade chip in Rondo or Bledsoe next trade deadline, and yeah I agree with you if this trade was presented to KG I don't think hed have any trouble waiving his no trade clause.

See I do. He demanded the no trade clause, because he's a routine oriented kind of guy. According to Flip Saunders, his old coach KG was always uncomfortable when anyone was traded. Just who he is. I think he wants to retire a celtic. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Darn it, I was hoping it didn't work on Trade machine but it does. The Clippers would be deadly with

Paul, Green, Butler, Griffin, KG, Odom, Hill, Billups, Crawford, Turiaf, AB, Barnes

Seriously? LOL! Who would beat that team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Jordan hits 43% form the FT. Garnett is almost double that at 80%. That alone will make the Clippers better. I see him comfortable with the trade. He gets to finish his career where his family lives and gets to hand the first championship banner for the Clips.

From our perspective, I'm not sure Jordan is the replacement for Garnett. He may be. He works hard, and make improvement this offseason. He would be fun to watch with Rondo, would pair well with Sullinger. Hopefully this would be selling high on Bradley and buying low on Bledsoe. If Bradley works well with Rondol, I imagine him working well with Paul.

With no KG, we would absolutely need to deal Pierce & Terry as well. Perhaps swing Rudy Gay:

Rondo, Bledsoe, Lee,

Gay, Green, Sullinger, Jordan, Melo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Darn it, I was hoping it didn't work on Trade machine but it does. The Clippers would be deadly with

Paul, Green, Butler, Griffin, KG, Odom, Hill, Billups, Crawford, Turiaf, AB, Barnes

Seriously? LOL! Who would beat that team.

What an incredibly horrible trade?  Garnett the the leader of the team for Jordan a stone age basketball player who has zero chance of ever being the complete player Garnett is. Bledsoe for Bradley how is that going to work, what have has been seen that Bledsoe alongside Jordan here in Boston will be leading the way only to dysfunction and oblivion.  Find a player who has some value tangibly and intangibly.  Jordan as the only big man on this team would be a joke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Or, if we really are intent on rebuilding since Rondo is out, I would trade neither or both but only to the Clippers.

For Jordan, Crawford, Odom, Bledsoe, Butler and a couple of draft choices too.

I could live with it !!! PP's roots are in So.Cal & KG has a home in Cal. But both players deserve to be asked if they would mind be traded...we owe them that !!! For some reason I do not hate the Clippers as I have the Lakers for the 60+ years I've been a Celtic fan.

I live in SF so could enjoy KG & PP when they play the Warriors & also we go to San Diego a few times per year to see family so I'd go to some Clipper-Laker games & root for KG & PP as if they were in Boston.

And terrific too to see these 2 Hall of Famers retire on the same team !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This is one of the few trade ideas that I actually like.  Younger talent for the C's, playoff vets for the Clips.  I doubt it happens, but if it did I could accept it.  I cannot imagine KG would turn down a chance to play for a team with a legit shot to win it.  KG, Paul and Griffin would be  a nice playoff core.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I am not sure what is the rationale to move KG, he is the heart and soul of this team, gives everything he has. I take him over any pf's in the game. Think of it this way, when rondo's acl news broke down we are still talking about winning and getting to playoffs. It would be the same if  pierce went down; they arereplaceable. Thinkof KG going down, we all will call the season a day, including doc and Angie. He changed the celtics culture, i think he will be very effective at least 2-3 more years. Enjoy the ride before dog days rush in

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to lhtak's comment:

I am not sure what is the rationale to move KG, he is the heart and soul of this team, gives everything he has. I take him over any pf's in the game. Think of it this way, when rondo's acl news broke down we are still talking about winning and getting to playoffs. It would be the same if  pierce went down; they arereplaceable. Thinkof KG going down, we all will call the season a day, including doc and Angie. He changed the celtics culture, i think he will be very effective at least 2-3 more years. Enjoy the ride before dog days rush in

The rationale is that the "dog days dont rush in" stay competetive, get younger so were arent waiting for KG to retire in a year or two and basically screwed. We move him get young and are competetive for a lot longer than we would be if we kept KG and Pierce. Trade them get young assets so we can try to make this rebuilding era as quick and painless as possible.

Sections
Shortcuts