KG

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: KG

Yes, KG was not going to mix itup down low. He knows he doesn't have that lift anymore. He's Ralph Sampson on offense at this stage of his career and Doc should know that. As for KG's barking, it's always been about defense and rebounding, not scoring. He rarely screams or get obnoxious because of a basket he made but he can be unbearably mouthy about good defense.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    KG is not scoring in the paint at all.  I wish he would but don't know if he can anymore.  He sure likes to use his mid-range jump shot.  It will be hard to play center that way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

So? Happens in the heat of battle. Not a big deal and if Walker mouthed off, he got under KG's skin like KG tries to do to others when he plays good D. Walker just got the best of him and KG needs to shut up. But, that's got nothing to do with KG talking trash on offense. That's just not him and as I keep saying, those who expect something different from him on offense are kidding themselves ....... Including Doc Rivers! Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing over andoverand expecting a different result! That's expecting KG to post up all game......just ain't going to happen.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We can all find the one out of 20 examples where KG shocked us, but he just is NOT going to play down low consistently anymore. It's like expecting Jordan to dunk every third play when he got over 30 or expecting Barkeley to run and dunk over people once he got over 30 or so. Eventually they learn that's a young man's game - one who can still jump over people. KG does not have that anymore and we all better accept it. He will NOT be a 20 / 10 guy and neither will Duncan. They are now role players with jump shots playing defense and rebounding.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Fierce, you are going to be an angry and frustrated man all season if you expect KG to be Larry Bird. PS. Bird talked more trash than KG and got into his own scrapes. Bird has nothing to do with our discussion.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from okdude73401. Show okdude73401's posts

im a lifelong celtic fan,but im so tired of garnetts bs,i don't think he has IT anymore.its really a stretch if they think theyre gonna win anything with these older guys,i say blow i up ,get picks!(i know the hates coming for my comments!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

True.......but it's done now so time to move on.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

It's sad when an elite athlete starts declining but cannot seem to accept it. That's what we have with KG. You can see his frustration growing with each game. He's just a shadown of his former self, relying now mostly on reputation rather than skill. Deep down he knows this and that is why this will be his final year. Depending on how the Cs do, he will either announce his retirement towards the end of the season or soon after the season finishes.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: KG": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG : There's a big difference between trash talking and choking. There are Celtic fans here who think KG is the best PF in NBA history! Even better than Tim Duncan they say. Ugh! Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] I am not one of those people. I just love KG the player and I actually think he is a good person - private family man who lives right with no off court issues. I just live with the antics because they've never been too serious.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: KG": [QUOTE]It's sad when an elite athlete starts declining but cannot seem to accept it. That's what we have with KG. You can see his frustration growing with each game. He's just a shadown of his former self, relying now mostly on reputation rather than skill. Deep down he knows this and that is why this will be his final year. Depending on how the Cs do, he will either announce his retirement towards the end of the season or soon after the season finishes.   Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE] Not sure KG doesn't accept it. I don't think he WANTS to be the offensive go to guy. He is reluctant to shoot. My guess is that KG would be satisfied as a role player in the offense. It's Doc that won't accept it. Doc is jus flat out wrong about the 20 / 10 think and it puts too much pressure on KG. maybe it's because he has fewer and fewer options these days, but I think Doc needs another plan.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts