KG's MRI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: KG's MRI

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

LOL!

They are saying KG is out 4-5 games. Let's hope we aren't out the playoffs by that time.

I actually think it would be better if we were in the lottery at this point.

Oh really? you were the one that kept saying "no trades".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

could be a good thing..give KG's legs a couple weeks off before the playoffs? ill take it. Jeff Green has been more than capable in the starting lineup.

Jamez,

Good to see you back posting,  I think that KG is on ice to the end of the season unless that seventh seed becomes in an issue.  If it does and we slip down, I think you will see KG back earlier as in three to four games. They don't want to be the 8th seed. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

I'm with Darrlfries..PP will need some time too. The concern is rest is good but when does one fall of the "in shape" wagon. Used to be the rule was  after a week went by, for each additional day off it  meant at least one day training to get back to peak race shape. Anyone have any NBA type intensity experience on this subject?

82 games plus play offs is a huge load. Just look at the rooks that play big time game numbers their first year. An eye opener!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I've been saying it, the Celts will avoid the Heat at all cost.

After that loss to the Hornets and the Mavs, it was apparent that the Celts had no shot at the 3rd seed anymore. So why make life difficult going for the 4th seed when facing the Pacers in the 1st round is the ideal.

rameakap

You said 4th seed realistic.

Guess you got it wrong, again!

Not quite up there w/ being the main advocate for an Amare trade, however...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Not saying which tissue or structure is inflamed is alarming.  No ligament has been stretched (sprain).  So, does this mean cartiledge betwwen ankle bones is breaking down?  That would mean longer healing with risk of arthritic changes? Bone bruise that could become stress fracture? Any physician, feel free to chime in here.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

It is anything but a good thing.  We will struggle for the 8th spot possibly.

Definitely agree with you.  We could end up playing Miami in the first round of the playoffs.  We may also not make the playoffs if KG is out for more than a couple of weeks. 

The Sixers are 9 games behind, 13 games left, it's almost impossible for the C's to not make the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

When the news came out about KG being out for a few weeks from  an ankle sprain, first thing I thought of was Shaq and his tendonitis.

Anybody else have the same thought?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

LOL!

They are saying KG is out 4-5 games. Let's hope we aren't out the playoffs by that time.

I actually think it would be better if we were in the lottery at this point.

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

The last time DA said an injury wasnt serious and he expected only a few games to be missed was two years ago when Shaq went out and never came back.

The skeptic in me says: "We'll see about KG"

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to cshashaty's comment:

The last time DA said an injury wasnt serious and he expected only a few games to be missed was two years ago when Shaq went out and never came back.

The skeptic in me says: "We'll see about KG"

Agree.  The Celtics definitely aren't always forthcoming about the injuries to players.  What about a few years ago when KG was out for what started as a few weeks and he ended up being  out for the remainder of the season.  Any injury to our veteran players definitely isn't good. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

When the news came out about KG being out for a few weeks from  an ankle sprain, first thing I thought of was Shaq and his tendonitis.

Yeah, I had a similar thought. I actually don't think the Celtics are lying about injuries like that, I think they actually don't know.

It's inflamation, that is what shaq had. the problem for shaq the inflamation never went away. No matter how much he wore a boot. No mater how much he rested, no matter how many cortisone shots he took. 

Let's hope KG's responds to treatment. because our small chance in the playoffs, is a zero percent chance without KG. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Yeah, I had a similar thought. I actually don't think the Celtics are lying about injuries like that, I think they actually don't know.

It's inflamation, that is what shaq had. the problem for shaq the inflamation never went away. No matter how much he wore a boot. No mater how much he rested, no matter how many cortisone shots he took. 

Let's hope KG's responds to treatment. because our small chance in the playoffs, is a zero percent chance without KG. 

I think this a reverse of the Shaq case.  They have said the injury was an inflammation rather than a strain.  I think what is happening considering he did not play due to the supposed thigh injury and flu is KG needed rest.  With the losses they have kissed the third seed goodbye and want the 6th or 7th seed.  So KG can be rested.  The problem comes if we lose several games this week and risk being an 8th seed. If that happens I believe you will see KG sooner than later. Like by the end of the week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Afer I read inflamation "Shaq" was also the first thing which crossed my mind. Honenstly, If KG has an serious injury this is the worst time. To late so slip out of the playoffs and to early to have some nice games in the post season. Let us hope for the best.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

I think this a reverse of the Shaq case.  They have said the injury was an inflammation rather than a strain.  I think what is happening considering he did not play due to the supposed thigh injury and flu is KG needed rest.  With the losses they have kissed the third seed goodbye and want the 6th or 7th seed.  So KG can be rested.  The problem comes if we lose several games this week and risk being an 8th seed. If that happens I believe you will see KG sooner than later. Like by the end of the week.

I hope you are right. 

Sections
Shortcuts