KG'S RIGHT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

KG'S RIGHT

Add some pieces and roll with this crew.

At this point the smartest guy in the room seems to be KG. While others, including occasionally myself, go on and on about blowing it up, trading this guy and that guy, how much 'getting a ring' means, and what the value is of being in LA and Malibu, KG talks about loyalty, pride, and creating something special with a group of teammates he loves and respects. 

Although he's made hundreds of millions of dollars, he doesn't take the traditional mercenary view of things.

Looks like he's calculated that working to get it done here, to whatever level he can, trumps commuting from the beach as an added piece in the Paul-Griffin show.

That sounds like the good old, circle-the-wagons Celtics attitude I understand.

Plus, the vacuum he'd leave behind in the locker room couldn't be filled by Josh Smith, Dwight Howard, Deandre Jordan and DeMarcus Cousins combined.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: KG'S RIGHT

It was 22-years between titles under the old CBA! How long do you think it will take under the new CBA? 

Is this a business? OR family! 

Name a player that gave the C's a "family" discount, during recent contract negotiations? 

Hopefully DA has his business man hat on this week, as he prepares to make decisions that will impact this franchise for years to come! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

There are plenty of people that are in your camp.  Ainge could be one of them for all we know.  The chatters do not prove one way or another where Ainge really is.  I think people do not really fully understand how hard it is to start over and rebuild.  One could be lucky and reboot right away but it could be a long haul like we had in the 90s and afterwards.  It seems to be all about getting that one or two special players and that is as crapshoot as it can be. Does it really matter when we start doing this? If there is a chance that we can win this year, I say go for it.  I can wait a little longer for the rebuild.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I want to see the Celtics win a title but not at the price of bringing in any Jack*** who has talent but feels they are the end all.  Then giving up those who bleed green and have fueled the revival of the old Celtic attitude of team and Green first.  I don't buy it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

Add some pieces and role with this crew.

At this point the smartest guy in the room seems to be KG. While others, including occasionally myself, go on and on about blowing it up, trading this guy and that guy, how much 'getting a ring' means, and what the value is of being in LA and Malibu, KG talks about loyalty, pride, and creating something special with a group of teammates he loves and respects. 

Although he's made hundreds of millions of dollars, he doesn't take the traditional mercenary view of things.

Looks like he's calculated that working to get it done here, to whatever level he can, trumps commuting from the beach as an added piece in the Paul-Griffin show.

Plus, the vacuum he'd leave behind in the locker room couldn't be filled by Josh Smith, Dwight Howard, Deandre Jordan and DeMarcus Cousins combined.

Absolutely.  Sanity will return to this BB on Thursday afternoon.  We all do it but some who are really knowledeable will go on and on about the players you mention thinking we will be better.

Bring Josh Smith with Rondo and no Garnett and you will have a team that nobody cares about.  Bring in Cousins but you have to have Garnett around to mentor him.  

A team with Rondo leading is a team that goes nowhere.  And I am not a Rondo hater, I am a Garnett lover.  It is over when he leaves.   Fill the need for the big man, bring in another guard as best you can and lets roll. Without any injuries to Garnett and Pierce it will be interesting.

On another thread people were going ga-ga over Bledsoe and one dunk he made last night in a contest.  That's what I meant by this BB being temporarily insane until Thursday.  It happens every year and we are all guilty of it to different degrees.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Absolutely.  Sanity will return to this BB on Thursday afternoon.  We all do it but some who are really knowledeable will go on and on about the players you mention thinking we will be better.

Bring Josh Smith with Rondo and no Garnett and you will have a team that nobody cares about.  Bring in Cousins but you have to have Garnett around to mentor him.  

A team with Rondo leading is a team that goes nowhere.  And I am not a Rondo hater, I am a Garnett lover.  It is over when he leaves.   Fill the need for the big man, bring in another guard as best you can and lets roll. Without any injuries to Garnett and Pierce it will be interesting.

On another thread people were going ga-ga over Bledsoe and one dunk he made last night in a contest.  That's what I meant by this BB being temporarily insane until Thursday.  It happens every year and we are all guilty of it to different degrees.

Lets revisit your comments about Bledsoe in 2-years! Bledose is a star in the making! 

Regarding the other Bledsoe post, a dunk and defensive play were posted, but I don't believe they were accompanied by assertions that because of this play, EB will be a star! 

Knowing what we know now there is a chance that both PP and KG walk away this summer without any compensation to the C's. The C's are likely to exercise their option on PP, which may lead to KGs early retirement! 

If the above scenario plays about, then the C's are left with no compensation for 2-valued players a few months after valueable compensation was made available by other teams! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Ditto!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Ditto!

Getting the 12 pick in the draft every year and middle of the road FAs, is the recipe for mediocrity!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DFURY-13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:

It was 22-years between titles under the old CBA! How long do you think it will take under the new CBA? 

Is this a business? OR family! 

Name a player that gave the C's a "family" discount, during recent contract negotiations? 

Hopefully DA has his business man hat on this week, as he prepares to make decisions that will impact this franchise for years to come! 

Paul Pierce did 3 seasons ago so they could give Ray Allen his 2 year 20 million Dollar deal. KG cam back for 11 mil so we could resign Bass and Green. Any questions?

[/QUOTE

11-million for 3-years (for a 36 year old player), with a no trade clause, is a family discount? 

PP's deal was loaded up on the back end! Same $! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Ditto!

Getting the 12 pick in the draft every year and middle of the road FAs, is the recipe for mediocrity!

That is probably exactly what we will get with trading KG for Bledsoe and Jordan.  Load up and let the vets retire and be really bad for a couple of years are the other way to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Ditto!

That is probably exactly what we will get with trading KG for Bledsoe and Jordan.  Load up and let the vets retire and be really bad for a couple of years are the other way to go.

A couple of years! 22 under the old CBA! The new CBA is less big franchise friendly! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

KG is a national treasure. End of conversation.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Ditto!

A couple of years! 22 under the old CBA! The new CBA is less big franchise friendly! 

As supposed to being mediocre for how many years?  It is a reach IMO to suggest that trading KG or Pierce is going to get us to high level again quickly.  Again, my assumption is to get that one or two special players, not Bledsoe, not Jordan.  Being really bad for a few years give you a better chance at the special players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Ditto!

The Spurs might be a team that out-Celtics the Celtics, at least recently. The culture they've developed means more to them than quick fixes and draft order.

Easy to do, you say, with Duncan as the constant and Ginobili and Parker as the next constants. But Parker and Ginobili were low first and low second round picks. The picks they've had in their run have been routinely in the 20's. They mine the international field better than anyone else.

Interestingly enough, just yesterday, Popovich said that among the first things they consider when evaluating players is sense of humor, along with intelligence and other personality characteristics. 

In the Spurs culture forming a collective conscience appears to be more important than collecting a bunch of supernovas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Ditto!

As supposed to being mediocre for how many years?  It is a reach IMO to suggest that trading KG or Pierce is going to get us to high level again quickly.  Again, my assumption is to get that one or two special players, not Bledsoe, not Jordan.  Being really bad for a few years give you a better chance at the special players.

I understand the point you are making, I simply do not agree! The C's learned a few years back when they had a shot at Duncan then years later Durant that lotto balls carry little to no guarantees! 

If DA thinks Bledsoe is a special player, soon to be star, he should go after him! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Lets revisit your comments about Bledsoe in 2-years! Bledose is a star in the making! 

Regarding the other Bledsoe post, a dunk and defensive play were posted, but I don't believe they were accompanied by assertions that because of this play, EB will be a star! 

Knowing what we know now there is a chance that both PP and KG walk away this summer without any compensation to the C's. The C's are likely to exercise their option on PP, which may lead to KGs early retirement! 

If the above scenario plays about, then the C's are left with no compensation for 2-valued players a few months after valueable compensation was made available by other teams! 

I apologize if it sounded like I was making light of the Bledsoe dunk.  I just do not think that Bledsoe offers any answers for the future of this franchise just as I feel Josh Smith and the others mentioned in trade talks for KG will never result in a championship caliber team.  KG is here and we need to find pieces to make a run this year.  It requires less and we will still be able to to draft, use the free agent market, and trade to find the next nucleus for this team. 

Rondo is here and Bledsoe is not guaranteed to be better, most would say he is not as good.  So why bring him in.  Rondo and the guards we have are not the problem. And by the way Rondo is recovering from a serious injury.  Is trading him smart at this time?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

One more thing about the mini-lebron. If Lebron were six feet, he would not be an impact player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Ditto!

I understand the point you are making, I simply do not agree! The C's learned a few years back when they had a shot at Duncan then years later Durant that lotto balls carry little to no guarantees! 

If DA thinks Bledsoe is a special player, soon to be star, he should go after him! 

PI

I did not say the draft is a guarantee, it is obviously long shot either way.  I say it again, it is all crapshoot and luck.  But what I think I know is Bledsoe is not the savior.  Trading KG for him is so underwhelming to me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I apologize if it sounded like I was making light of the Bledsoe dunk.  I just do not think that Bledsoe offers any answers for the future of this franchise just as I feel Josh Smith and the others mentioned in trade talks for KG will never result in a championship caliber team.  KG is here and we need to find pieces to make a run this year.  It requires less and we will still be able to to draft, use the free agent market, and trade to find the next nucleus for this team. 

Rondo is here and Bledsoe is not guaranteed to be better, most would say he is not as good.  So why bring him in.  Rondo and the guards we have are not the problem. And by the way Rondo is recovering from a serious injury.  Is trading him smart at this time?

I respect your opinion! I also like RR and loved what he brought to the team in the playoffs! 

With that stated, Bledsoe is a much better defender than RR! I also think he has more upside at this point in his careeer! 

I would love to be a fly on the wall in DAs office today! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Ditto!

PI

I did not say the draft is a guarantee, it is obviously long shot either way.  I say it again, it is all crapshoot and luck.  But what I think I know is Bledsoe is not the savior.  Trading KG for him is so underwhelming to me.

I agree with you, he is not a franchise savior! BUT Bledsoe would be a pretty "get" for a 36-year old player (who is hinting at retirement)! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Ditto!

PI

I agree with you, he is not a franchise savior! BUT Bledsoe would be a pretty "get" for a 36-year old player (who is hinting at retirement)! 

Not if we loose a chance at a really good draft pick.  Again one of my original points.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Ditto!

PI

Not if we loose a chance at a really good draft pick.  Again one of my original points.

The C's draft pick selection would likely improve if they trade KG! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Ditto!

PI

The C's draft pick selection would likely improve if they trade KG! 

Not the year after he retires as a Celtics.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I respect your opinion! I also like RR and loved what he brought to the team in the playoffs! 

With that stated, Bledsoe is a much better defender than RR! I also think he has more upside at this point in his careeer! 

I would love to be a fly on the wall in DAs office today! 

Me too.  Luckily this will all be over Thursday.