Kick the tires on Oden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Kick the tires on Oden

What have we got to lose?  The veteran minimum?  Chris Johnson's roster spot?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Re: Kick the tires on Oden

Even if Oden can play, I don't think he will last one whole season.

Celts need someone more reliable.

I can understand a contender rolling the dice on Oden.

But not a good idea if you're a rebuilding team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even if Oden can play, I don't think he will last one whole season.

Celts need someone more reliable.

I can understand a contender rolling the dice on Oden.

But not a good idea if you're a rebuilding team.

[/QUOTE]

I'm looking at him more as a role player - 15 minutes a game.  I understand rebuilding teams should not focus on role players, but, again, what have you got to lose?  A 1 year minimum contract and a roster spot?  it doesn't really prevent them from doing anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm looking at him more as a role player - 15 minutes a game.  I understand rebuilding teams should not focus on role players, but, again, what have you got to lose?  A 1 year minimum contract and a roster spot?  it doesn't really prevent them from doing anything.

[/QUOTE]

You can give that 15 minutes a game to another player who could end up playing for the Celts for the next 5-7 years.

The main problem with Oden is he's not reliable because of injury problems.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Kick Oden's tires????

Surely an injury just waiting to happen.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

oden's tires has just 10psi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Isn't he,like, 55 years old.? I have never seen an older 26 year old kid in my life.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if lebron is not interested in cleveland reaching out to oxen, then we know that there's no gas left in that tank. miami kicked those tires and he barely sniffed the court. i think that's all we need to know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Oden's career was over before it started, there is no need to kick the tires, the car is a lemon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would, however, kick the tires on Okafor!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Welll, You could cause him another leg injury by kicking his tires so maybe you could use another expression..

Seriously though....If this guy was meant to be a player, wouldnt he have been on by now?  Durant is almost a hall of famer and we are still waiting on O Dum' to finish a season?    Stick a fork in this guy and move on

At this Rate I believe Oden is still hanging on so he doesnt replace Sam Bowie as the biggest draft mistake ever..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Sam Bowie had a much better NBA career than Greg Oden. He wasn't a bust, nor anything special, but he did contribute. He was just a bad pick for Portland to make with Michael Jordan still on the board. I don't think he should be held accountable for that mistake. You go where you're taken.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to davidap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sam Bowie had a much better NBA career than Greg Oden. He wasn't a bust, nor anything special, but he did contribute. He was just a bad pick for Portland to make with Michael Jordan still on the board. I don't think he should be held accountable for that mistake. You go where you're taken.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Sam Bowie may have been the right pick had he stayed healthy. He was a stud but Oden's career seems to have been over before it started and maybe he thinks he still has a shot to turn it around but IMO he is done. I think we got more out of Jerome Moiso with the #5 pick.

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Oden and his agent have been milking his non-esistant potential for all they can get and have been doing it for 7 years earning $25M !! Why stop now when some other sucker will pay his vet minimum of $1+M for doing nothing.    

Oden's knees were shot and his NBA career was OVER in 2009, after missing the entire 2007-08 first season.

The big farce didn't play a single game in over three years from Dec 2009 to 2013.  You would think that three FULL years of treatment and therapy would provide some positive healing results and potential.   So Miami paid him a cool million to make a ceremonial appearance in a hand-full of games and prepare him for the playoffs in which he made a total of 3 appearances at 2 minutes per and averaged 0 points and 0.3 rebounds.  

Oden and his agent should either be congratulated for successfully perpetuating his mythical return and getting paid so much for doing nothing or put in jail for fraud.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oden and his agent have been milking his non-esistant potential for all they can get and have been doing it for 7 years earning $25M !! Why stop now when some other sucker will pay his vet minimum of $1+M for doing nothing.    

Oden's knees were shot and his NBA career was OVER in 2009, after missing the entire 2007-08 first season.

The big farce didn't play a single game in over three years from Dec 2009 to 2013.  You would think that three FULL years of treatment and therapy would provide some positive healing results and potential.   So Miami paid him a cool million to make a ceremonial appearance in a hand-full of games and prepare him for the playoffs in which he made a total of 3 appearances at 2 minutes per and averaged 0 points and 0.3 rebounds.  

Oden and his agent should either be congratulated for successfully perpetuating his mythical return and getting paid so much for doing nothing or put in jail for fraud.  

[/QUOTE]

^ This

I don't want to us the be the next suckers.... Time to retire big fella!  Get a security guard gig

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is done. Period.  Put a fork in him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

No thanks. hes done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Just what we need . Start him at center.  That will last about a quarter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would, however, kick the tires on Okafor!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]

this is the guy i want.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Forget Greg Oden.

I'd rather watch Chris Johnson develop

Just say no, let it go......

Sections
Shortcuts