Kings moving to Seattle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Kings moving to Seattle

This is probably why the Kings are not making any moves with Cousins at the moment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Re: Kings moving to Seattle

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is probably why the Kings are not making any moves with Cousins at the moment.

[/QUOTE]

I live in Seattle! Great news, will be going to a C's game next year!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

What does a move have to do with trading Cousins?  who by the way has improved his value since his return from suspension.  I think Sacto is getting better offers and will let Cousins continue to improve so they can get the best deal possible by Feb 21 or not trade him at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Wait!

Who gets the title from 1979?

Does it go to OKC, or does it stay in Seattle?

If OKC wins this year, will it be their second, since they started in Seattle, or will  it be their first?

One wonders.............................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I see Miss Lamarr is still here with her nothing to report entries. C'mon miss, noithing better to do than hang on a Celtics board day and night?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see Miss Lamarr is still here with her nothing to report entries. C'mon miss, noithing better to do than hang on a Celtics board day and night?

[/QUOTE]

You'd think you'd add something after almost 2500 posts.

My, my!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

well, there are always your injury reports that are good for somethng. Thanks for the expert analysis on the injury front.

always nice to know we wont be trading Brandon Bass for KLove because Love hurt his hand.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Seattle?  DJ spirit is alive --

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well, there are always your injury reports that are good for somethng. Thanks for the expert analysis on the injury front.

always nice to know we wont be trading Brandon Bass for KLove because Love hurt his hand.  

[/QUOTE]

I never said that - I'm in for Cousins, Gortat or Dalembert.....look it up.

Your posts are basically useless, so at least I contribute something!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wait!

If OKC wins this year, will it be their second, since they started in Seattle, or will  it be their first?

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Seattle fought for the right to keep the name Supersonics and also to keep the history of the team. If OKC does win one it will be the first in their franchises history. I'm not sure if these Seattle fans will still be excited after seeing this Kings team play for awhile!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to jam757's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wait!

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Seattle fought for the right to keep the name Supersonics and also to keep the history of the team. If OKC does win one it will be the first in their franchises history. I'm not sure if these Seattle fans will still be excited after seeing this Kings team play for awhile!

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Kevin Durant drafted by the SuperSonics?

Didn't he win ROY that year?

How can that history be discounted?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wait!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Kevin Durant drafted by the SuperSonics?

Didn't he win ROY that year?

How can that history be discounted?

[/QUOTE]

All valid points! I guess when your city is losing a team you fight for whatever you can get! LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also reason why DA was looking for a trade..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know..I am excited as well..BC will be able to go to Seattle and watch a few games.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Agree with you.  It is a shame that they moved the original team out of Seattle.  Seattle is a great sports town with other professional franchises. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

This is kind of sad. The fans in Sacto are some of the best inthe country, but because their owners are bad businessmen who are broke with one asset, the Kings...  they get what Seattle got a few years ago, their team stolen. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What does a move have to do with trading Cousins?  who by the way has improved his value since his return from suspension.  I think Sacto is getting better offers and will let Cousins continue to improve so they can get the best deal possible by Feb 21 or not trade him at all.

[/QUOTE]

The acquiring group, which includes Microsoft CEO Steve Balmer, will not likely pay top dollar for a team with no-name players. Cousins, for all his notoriety, is the main star of the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I was discussing this with my wife earlier today....all the talk about franchises moving and the ramifications....

the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn to LA.....they are still the Dodgers....ditto the Lakers

then you have the Stl Browns becoming the Baltimore Orioles....the Washington Senators became the Minnesota Twins

Art Model moved the franchise to Baltimore....voila...the Ravens...he left the team name, colors, and history (records) to Cleveland....they were granted an expansion franchise...the new Browns

So what to do with the Kings......?

they started out as the Rochester Royals (my original hometown)....even won a championship....then they moved to Cincinnati....great history with "the Big O"....then they became the Kansas City/Omaha Kings.....with the great Tiny Archibald becoming a superstar...then it was on to Sacremento where they developed a great fanbase....

so...if they move to Seattle.....are they the Kings...?  ....do they become the Sonics again...? ...or for the sake of history do they once again become the Royals...?

my guess is they will be the Seattle Supersonics....holders of one NBA title....if OKC wins a title this year it will be their first...but there are many gray areas......this stuff gets pretty interesting....thoughts anyone....?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Dont the Lakers get to claim that one too?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was discussing this with my wife earlier today....all the talk about franchises moving and the ramifications....

the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn to LA.....they are still the Dodgers....ditto the Lakers

then you have the Stl Browns becoming the Baltimore Orioles....the Washington Senators became the Minnesota Twins

Art Model moved the franchise to Baltimore....voila...the Ravens...he left the team name, colors, and history (records) to Cleveland....they were granted an expansion franchise...the new Browns

So what to do with the Kings......?

they started out as the Rochester Royals (my original hometown)....even won a championship....then they moved to Cincinnati....great history with "the Big O"....then they became the Kansas City/Omaha Kings.....with the great Tiny Archibald becoming a superstar...then it was on to Sacremento where they developed a great fanbase....

so...if they move to Seattle.....are they the Kings...?  ....do they become the Sonics again...? ...or for the sake of history do they once again become the Royals...?

my guess is they will be the Seattle Supersonics....holders of one NBA title....if OKC wins a title this year it will be their first...but there are many gray areas......this stuff gets pretty interesting....thoughts anyone....?

[/QUOTE]

My whole point, Duke!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Great point Duke

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

It still has to be approved by the League and they will not build a stadium until they get a team

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8829258/seattle-investor-chris-hansen-seeking-buy-sacramento-kings-according-report

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The move doesn't have anything to do with trading Cousins, but the sale of the team does.  A team wouldn't make a major trade when there in negotiations to sell the team.

Sections
Shortcuts