Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Re: Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo

In Response to Re: Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo : I didn't like Bradley but he's getting better every game, so my answer is yes. Besides, we still have Dooling.  It's all about the system.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

It's about the system when Boston plays Washington, Toronto, Charlotte and Detroit. Bradley and dooling are not NBA quality starting point guards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo : Many Laker fans are denial, they think the Lakers don't want to get rid of Pau Gasol. Part of the reason why the Lakers want to get rid of Gasol is because of his huge contract. He has 2 years and 38.3m left after this season. With Kobe getting 27.85m next season and 30.45m after next season, the Lakers won't be able to rebuild and sign free-agents. That means 2 more years of mediocrity. Right now the Lakers have 2 players in the All-Star game as starters. But they're only the 8th seed in the west. The Lakers have 9 losses while the Celtics, with all the injuries, only have 10 losses. That means the Lakers are underachieving. Doesn't make sense to continue with what they have because what they have costs a lot of money. Proof of this is the Lakers already tried to trade Pau Gasol before the season started. And I disagree when others say that Gasol is already old. We got KG when KG was 31 years old.

Yes, LA would have traded Pau for Chris Paul but LA is not shopping him everywhere like Danny has done with Rondo over the last 2 years.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo : If not Pau Gasol then Amare Stoudamire! Be patient! Teams like the Lakers and Knicks are still in denial.

LA is not in a hurry. They will wait to see how things shake out.
    What teams will move their pg's before 3/15? Deron Williams? Mo Williams? Ramon Sessions? Steve Nash?

It doesn't matter if LA finishes 7th, 5th, 2nd or any other spot in the West.
    If they get a pg by the trade deadline, they could beat any team in the league.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Cap space? LOL. LA will not be under the cap until Kobe's contract is over.
    LA would trade Bynum for Deron. They could then use the trade exception to trade for a center or power forward.

The Clippers will soon have 5 pg's when Bledsoe returns.

I agree that Nash and his salary doesn't work for LA.

I like Rondo and think he would be a better fit with LA then he is with Boston.
    If someone convinces Rondo to stop chasing steals, he will be a better player.
    I can't believe he has been allowed to play the defense he does.
    He would help Kobe tremendously. Almost every posession is a grind for Kobe and LA. He would provide many easy baskets to Kobe and Bynum. Almost all of Kobe's shots are contested. If he had some open shots like Ray and Pierce get, Kobe would score more then he does now.
    Rondo is only going to get better in my opinion.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

F34, do the math with the Lakers cap situation.
    If you add in Rondo's salary, subtract Gasol, Artest and Walton (yeah right), LA would still have salaries over $64m next year. The salary cap will be $58m to $60m.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]Steve Blake is better than Sessions. But if you guys really want Sessions then by all means, enjoy!  Or better yet, high fives all around. Ha Ha

Everyday your basketball IQ dwindles. Steve Blake better than Sessions? That's a good one. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Fierce, don't be in a hurry to diss Rondo.  You are now changing your opinion of Bradley.  I believe that people here will have a much better opinion of Rondo by the end of the season.

Why?  Because the times they are a-changing.

Bradley needed some consistent playing time to build confidence and start discovering himself.  A lot of us here felt that he had talent.  We are seeing that can become a solid contributor.

I believe that we will see a change in Rondo as well.  This is the first time that Rondo will be feeling really threatened.  He has been very stubborn in the past but right now, he may be at the right mix of maturity and insecurity.  Lets see what changes that brings.

Having said that, I will not be averse if Danny can trade Rondo and get a big man.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo : Then trade Blake and McBoberts as well, duh!

Give it up.
    Just say that you are wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo : It's already year 6 for Rondo, usually players improve after 2-4 years in the league.

I don't think Boston utilizes Rondo correctly.
    His shot might not get better but he could become a more efficient player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo : It's already year 6 for Rondo, usually players improve after 2-4 years in the league.

Fierce, lets not get caught up in cliches.  You have Jason Kidd as an example.

It is all about when a player is ready to grow mentally.  Rondo's stubbornness is a strength and also his shortcoming.  I am hoping that some where deep inside he feels threatened.  That will lead to the required changes.  Up untill now, even with trade rumors, he was relatively secure with virtually no competition.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

So after a week or more of trying to convince the board that Ray was the odd man out ... Fierce has refocused his efforts to trade Rondo again ... Flip-flopping or pipe dreaming?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Fans need to stay fans and stop with the psychanalysis of players and think they are experts on player development.  Not a single person on this board hs worked for any NBA team doing player development.  Yo can bash Rondo for not having a consistant jump shot, but where was the development for KG to be in the low post and dominate or Ray Allen on how to defend, pass and dribble?  All players have short comings.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I hope the c's keep rondo if nothing else, just because I enjoy watching him so much.  I think the average of this board is WAY undervaluing him.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo : Yeah, you have Bynum and Gasol and we have KG and JO. Yet your Lakers have 9 losses and our Celts are not far behind with 10 losses. Imagine if we had a big man like Gasol, Amare, or even Kaman.

The Lakers have struggled offensively because they have a new coach and are runninng a new offense. They're still getting to know each other.

You guys have had Doc Rivers and his offense for quite a while. The Lakers problems are fixable with time and a trade or two. Your team is in need of major new parts. The draft will help, but that will still require a few years for those draft picks to become solid players.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo : The Lakers have struggled offensively because they have a new coach and are runninng a new offense. They're still getting to know each other. You guys have had Doc Rivers and his offense for quite a while. The Lakers problems are fixable with time and a trade or two. Your team is in need of major new parts. The draft will help, but that will still require a few years for those draft picks to become solid players.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Whining and excuses won't help your team this year.  At least we can be objective about our teams problems!!  You, like most lakers fans I speak with every day, are still in denial, and still think "as long as we have kobe......"
    A trade or two?? 
    Ah, no Howard and no DWill for you
    And wouldn't "a trade or two" fix about 90% of the teams in the league??

It's over - you have to rebuild through the draft, or trade for expiring contracts, just like everyone else.  It was a good run, and now it's over!!
    NO PG, no athleticism, and no perimeter D..............NOT fixable!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks and Lakers Need Rondo : There is no question Rondo is fun to watch. But do we prefer "fun to watch" over winning?

In the last four years, it have been both ways.  Celtics made to final twice, are in the top four seeds for the EASTERN conference in the last four years.  

So why is everyone bashing few players due the Celtics are 11-10 after playing like 15 games against sub .500 teams!!!

Come on, wait until like one or two weeks before the trading deadline, and we can judge on what is wrong with the team.

Boy....these people think trading players will make the team better.  Look at Wizards, Clippers, Raptors, Blazers, Nets, etc where they were all famous making bunch of trades from one year to another.  Still it never work out for them.  Reason Celtics worked out perfectly 4 to 5 years ago is that they gave away their talents and draft picks.  And result they won a title along making into the final for the second times.  

So therefore, if Boston want to get stronger, that mean they need to give away a talent, two first round picks and maybe either Allen or Rondo to get a decent center!!!

Forget it guys...stop dreaming.......these other teams are not that dumb!!!  

25. This post has been removed.