Knicks for real?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Knicks for real?

I see all these Lakers  threads but the Knicks are the only undefeated team in the league.

I admit they haven't faced serious competition yet but they seem to be clicking, even Carmelo is playing D.  And when Shumpert returns they're bound to improve even more on that end. With Bynum out till January they seem the real challenger for the division crown.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Knicks for real?

They may be but wouldn't you like to play them instead of the Heat in the playoffs. I fear Philly more than the KNicks.  We will see how good they are.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Knicks are being outrebounded, so according to Fierce, they aren't a threat.

[/QUOTE]
    That's not true. 

I am afraid it is true.  The Knicks are being out rebounded by 4.7 rebounds per game,  exactly like the Celtics. The total number of rebounds is not the important stat, but the differential is.  Bottom line is we need to outrebound the opponent even if its 30 to 25.  Number of rebound reflect number of shots.  We just need to win the rebounding battle.

As far as the Knicks getting Amare back,,  well they won without him last year and when he returns, they return to losing.  Amare is damaged goods and will be from now on I would imagine.  That alone will make him hard to move. I wouldn't mind having him  but I would hate to bank my season on his health.

The Lakers lead the league in rebounding (margin) by a pretty healthy margin and it hasn't done much for them other than beating some bottom feeders.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Gotta continue to agree with Fiercest on  this one.

Playoffs are different  than the regular season in most  cases.  We all know that.  It's a slower tempo and the team that boards better is at a bigger advantage than they would be during the  regular season.

Maybe it's after the allstar break, maybe before, but unless something dramatically changes with this  team (Sully, Wilcox, or lol Melo), KG is gonna  need some help on the glass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

They have been impressive so far this year.  I always said that they were a very talented team, and just had chemistry problems.   It will be interesting to see if they can remain a great team as the season progresses. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Knicks are being outrebounded, so according to Fierce, they aren't a threat.

[/QUOTE]
    That's not true. 

I am afraid it is true.  The Knicks are being out rebounded by 4.7 rebounds per game,  exactly like the Celtics. The total number of rebounds is not the important stat, but the differential is.  Bottom line is we need to outrebound the opponent even if its 30 to 25.  Number of rebound reflect number of shots.  We just need to win the rebounding battle.

As far as the Knicks getting Amare back,,  well they won without him last year and when he returns, they return to losing.  Amare is damaged goods and will be from now on I would imagine.  That alone will make him hard to move. I wouldn't mind having him  but I would hate to bank my season on his health.

The Lakers lead the league in rebounding (margin) by a pretty healthy margin and it hasn't done much for them other than beating some bottom feeders.

[/QUOTE]

Fully agree. But why would you like him on our team then? Toxic contract, bad back, plays no D... Pau Gasol or J-Smoove would be great additions but Amare would set us back, a lot. 

I don't see the Knicks getting rid of him soon and he's indeed a terrible burden. If they could get something in return they'd be taking another step forward.

I still think we'll be better once we've gelled but I don't underestimate them, Woodson is a solid coach on the defensive end compared to D'Antoni.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

No Amare for me too expensive, injury prone, and not an easy guy to come here in Jan. who will mesh with this group.  And just based on what I have seen the last two years. Philly is more of a threat and that is without Bynum.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No Amare for me too expensive, injury prone, and not an easy guy to come here in Jan. who will mesh with this group.  And just based on what I have seen the last two years. Philly is more of a threat and that is without Bynum.

[/QUOTE]

It's not true that Amare is injury prone.

Check out his career games played.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/amare_stoudemire/career_stats.html

Lee, Bass, and Green will be more expensive in the long run.

Rasheed Wallace came to the Pistons in Feb. 2004 and the Pistons ended up winning a championship.

[/QUOTE]

I'll never be sold on Amare, he seems soft (real soft not Gasol soft), also a poor rebounder for his stature. Won't help us much in that area, not significantly more than Bass. If we could land J-Smoove (or Gasol wich is very doubtfull) then we'd scary. But even if we don't do anything at all I still like our team, give them time. This team will be better than last season.

Amare would knock us out of the hunt for a championship. Way too many liabilities. Bass is playing very solid, you know what you have there, Amare not so much as the Knicks found out.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Regarding the title of this thread, I think the Knicks are a legit threat this season in the Atlantic.. even more so if Shumpert comes back up to speed.. hes a lock down defender and good all around player

Sheed has already helped them out..

Amare is a question mark.. seems he and Melo just dont play as well on the court together and Amare always has some injury popping up..  IF it turns out Amare can really contribute, this team is tough imo

Lastly, seems letting Linsanity go looks like a good move to date as well..

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

Take it easy, guys, about NYK. It's just 5 games out of 82. Let them play 25-30 games then you can start guessing if they are for real or not.

So far, the only good thing they did was beating Mia :D

AK

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Regarding the title of this thread, I think the Knicks are a legit threat this season in the Atlantic.. even more so if Shumpert comes back up to speed.. hes a lock down defender and good all around player

Sheed has already helped them out..

Amare is a question mark.. seems he and Melo just dont play as well on the court together and Amare always has some injury popping up..  IF it turns out Amare can really contribute, this team is tough imo

Lastly, seems letting Linsanity go looks like a good move to date as well..

[/QUOTE]
    Agree with you about Amare.  If he can really contribute and stay healthy this season, they will be a threat to many teams in the Eastern Conference.  It is great to see Sheed back in the NBA.  I am not sure how much he will contribute for them this season, but just his veteran presence should help them. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from doofus54. Show doofus54's posts

The Knicks and everyone will find out Thursday and Friday nights, when they plan San Antonio and the Memphis Grizzlies on the road.

Grizzlies just smoked the Miami Heat and then beat the Thunder in OKC.

If the Knicks are still undefeated after Friday night, then they might be for real. Pretty sure they will drop two.

Sections
Shortcuts