Knicks Play No D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertie-wooster2. Show bertie-wooster2's posts

Knicks Play No D

I believe the Celtics will prevail in the first round series against the Knicks for the simple reason that the Knicks play no Defense.

Typical Mike D'Antoni team, that can score with the best of them but resorts to swiss cheese defense.

C's in 6.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Knicks Play No D

In Response to Knicks Play No D:
    I believe the Celtics will prevail in the first round series against the Knicks for the simple reason that the Knicks play no Defense. Typical Mike D'Antoni team, that can score with the best of them but resorts to swiss cheese defense. C's in 6.
    Posted by bertie-wooster2

Well that should bode well for a team averaging less than 90 points per game lately....  playing against a team that plays no defense may allow the Cs to get 95 a couple of times during the series......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NaturesCamo. Show NaturesCamo's posts

In Response to Re: Knicks Play No D:
    In Response to Knicks Play No D : Well that should bode well for a team averaging less than 90 points per game lately....  playing against a team that plays no defense may allow the Cs to get 95 a couple of times during the series......
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Yeah as long as the Knicks play their typical D then the Celts should have an easier time. Just as long as they can get some sort of groove and not play down to their level on D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Knicks Play No D : Yeah as long as the Knicks play their typical D then the Celts should have an easier time. Just as long as they can get some sort of groove and not play down to their level on D
    Posted by NaturesCamo

D'Antoni teams basically say "hey we are going to score 110 points, see if you can".... I remember taking the CPA exam and meeting a guy on the train on the way to the test and he said I just hope they put 75% of what I know on the exam (you need to score 75% to pass)... that is the Knicks approach we will score 110, it is up to you to see if you can keep us from scoring 110 or score more than 110....

I think the Knicks have better or at least as good players at 3 positions and that is what will cause it to go 6 games.  The Knicks have a few good young players going forward, the Cs don't so let's enjoy this last run for the Cs and hope they can raise #18 while keeping the Lakers from raising #17 and catching up to the Cs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NaturesCamo. Show NaturesCamo's posts

In Response to Re: Knicks Play No D : D'Antoni teams basically say "hey we are going to score 110 points, see if you can".... I remember taking the CPA exam and meeting a guy on the train on the way to the test and he said I just hope they put 75% of what I know on the exam (you need to score 75% to pass)... that is the Knicks approach we will score 110, it is up to you to see if you can keep us from scoring 110 or score more than 110.... I think the Knicks have better or at least as good players at 3 positions and that is what will cause it to go 6 games.  The Knicks have a few good young players going forward, the Cs don't so let's enjoy this last run for the Cs and hope they can raise #18 while keeping the Lakers from raising #17 and catching up to the Cs.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Agree with everything you just said!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

In Response to Re: Knicks Play No D : D'Antoni teams basically say "hey we are going to score 110 points, see if you can".... I remember taking the CPA exam and meeting a guy on the train on the way to the test and he said I just hope they put 75% of what I know on the exam (you need to score 75% to pass)... that is the Knicks approach we will score 110, it is up to you to see if you can keep us from scoring 110 or score more than 110.... I think the Knicks have better or at least as good players at 3 positions and that is what will cause it to go 6 games.  The Knicks have a few good young players going forward, the Cs don't so let's enjoy this last run for the Cs and hope they can raise #18 while keeping the Lakers from raising #17 and catching up to the Cs.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Good post. I'd add that one would think West, Green, Baby, and Krstic give the Celts a lot more off the bench than NY gets off their bench. 

Lakers are going for #16.  People tend to give the Lakers the 2002 title when in truth Tim Donaghy was the 2002 champ.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

celtics in 5 (no sweep only because they'll rest the stars for heat and bulls)

Sections
Shortcuts