Knicks played Celtics pretty tough.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Knicks played Celtics pretty tough.

Hey, Kenny Rogers said 2 out of 3 ain't bad, right.  JON in for two games and then out for 1 while they clean the vomit off of doc's shirt and tie and get his blood pressure medicine adjusted.

Yea, i know it's early and all that, but this looks like the same Jerlame who played like a shame in the playoffs last year.  Not much difference.

The solution now is dump the minutes on Davis, he's done nothing but double his scoring average so far and be very efficient.  What else can we do?  Dare we play semi-pro erden?  am i crazy to think that warts and all he's better than Jerlame is out there in his current state?  i don't understand why we aren't seeing more usage of the bench than this. 

Dannydoc are sitting around in a fetal position waiting for delonte to get back from his gunny suspension and it seems like until that happens, ray is destined to play the whole game each night.  Watch out for a lot more short cuts coming up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Since D'Antoni took over the Knicks have always been a team of "what ifs". What if Lebron came to NY, what if Melo was traded to NY, what if Chris Paul goes to NY, etc. 

What ifs don't count. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The same things were being said about the C's all the way to the finals last year.   I guess some things never change.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

There is no perfect game and there is no perfect season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The Knicks are not as bad as most people think.  When they are hitting shots they are going to beat some teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Knicks played Celtics pretty tough.:
    [QUOTE]What ifs don't count. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

yeah, but my what if is easy.  what if we played semi erden some minutes and he was actually better than JO?  no new signings or nothing needed, let's just find it out already.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knicks played Celtics pretty tough. : yeah, but my what if is easy.  what if we played semi erden some minutes and he was actually better than JO?  no new signings or nothing needed, let's just find it out already.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Big Baby comes in at Center when Shaq sits, that's why Erden is not getting any playing time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Knicks played Celtics pretty tough.:
    [QUOTE]           Celtics couldn't shake the Knicks tonite. Amidst Rondo's 24 assists and his triple double and Garnet's 24 pts, etc, the fact kind of got lost that the Knicks looked the Celtics right in the eye tonite {at Boston} and basically played them even. Not necessarily a great sign for Boston. I saw a few things tonite. {One thing I saw is that Big Baby is a very good player now. Rivers has alot of confidence in him.} Shaq is hurt already though. He may come back and play the next game but he is an injury waiting to happen. JON didn't play tonite. I guess Doc has seen enough the first two games. I'm not saying he won't play in the future but I think Doc chose to have Big Baby on the floor in some capacity instead of JON. I thought some of the older Celtics took "short cuts" at times defensively tonite. You do that as you get older. You play tough defense for 17 seconds then "let up." You can't hold onto to it as long. You take some short cuts generally..............I thought the Knicks would "fold" when the C's got up by ten in the 4th quarter. They didn't. They had more energy in the last 6 minites of the game than Boston did. At 102-98 New York got a steal {who made that incredibly stupid pass to halfcourt?} and if they'd hit that three pointer from the side following the steal it would have been anybody's ballgame. Surprising.
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]

Hi Walton,

The Knicks were beating the C's early by fast breaking,up 16-6 ,why did they stop running and why did D'Antoni bench Galliari and Mozgov for most of the game after that great start?

The way to beat Boston is run them into the ground,like the Suns and Hawks did last year. Old men can't run for 48 minutes and if Doc uses only 8 players ,Boston will get beat every time.

Take care Run

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The way to beat Boston is to run, run, and run.

HAHAHA!!!

WHAT AN IDIOT YOU ARE!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Knicks played Celtics pretty tough. : Hi Walton, The Knicks were beating the C's early by fast breaking,up 16-6 ,why did they stop running and why did D'Antoni bench Galliari and Mozgov for most of the game after that great start? The way to beat Boston is run them into the ground,like the Suns and Hawks did last year. Old men can't run for 48 minutes and if Doc uses only 8 players ,Boston will get beat every time. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

Celtics are at their best when they ARE running.  Even LA knows this, Run.  Very few players in this league can keep up with RR or Nate when they're pushing the ball.  And right  now, even Shaq is running the floor with authority.  The point is, this team doesn't need all of its older guys to run with them.

What has killed them in the past is a half-court offense.  And that's changing now.

Again, LA gave up 110 points the other night.  110.  Ouch.  It's funny that you're being critical of the C's for their alleged age, when LA's fast breaking team gave up that many points. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Celts have struggled agaisnt athletic teams in the regular season the last couple of years.  This means nothing when it comes to the real season though.

Solid win, lets move on

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I thought Meatloaf said 2 out of 3 ain't bad?

Sections
Shortcuts