Knicks Trying To Get Rondo

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Knicks Trying To Get Rondo

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C'mon Fungus ... Start a new thread showing the board how you'd build the C's over the next five years to compete with all trades, draft picks and moves to get there. Obviously you won't have any FA signings cuz nobody of any value will want to sign here to show us how the Great Fungus builds from the ground up ... No guts no Glory ... Man Up!!!

[/QUOTE]

Not unless fungus can lure our FA magnet back..... coach doc rivers.

Pud

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

C'mon Fungus ... Start a new thread showing the board how you'd build the C's over the next five years to compete with all trades, draft picks and moves to get there. Obviously you won't have any FA signings cuz nobody of any value will want to sign here to show us how the Great Fungus builds from the ground up ... No guts no Glory ... Man Up!!!

[/QUOTE]

Not unless fungus can lure our FA magnet back..... coach doc rivers.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha ... yes, maybe in 5 years Fungus would bring Doc back to lure that elusive "Superstar" to the C's to complete the rebuild.

[/QUOTE]

More likely... knowing the fungus... to jump-start the rebuild!

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Not to be a pest, but both of you are wrong.

Fierce - Danny is going to try to build around Rondo. He doesn't have the luxury of consecutive years in the draft, because (rightfully so) Rondo will walk to a contender at the end of his contract

Mployee - Danny is not going to trade Rondo for Jennings. I mean, go ahead and have fun with trade proposals and ideas for the future, but its pretty clear that isn't the path ... yet.

Danny will first look to build around Rondo. He will see if we are in position to draft a franchise guy who is NBA ready (meaning a ROY season around 20ppg). In my humble opinion, Jabari Parker and Julius Randle are those guys. I think Randle is extremely talented but will be the ultimate small-ball 4, and our team doesn't need that. I think Danny looks to draft Parker and hopes Sully will continue his development into an effective low post and rebouding player. We still need a Center and that will need to be accomplished via TRADE. That's why I keep saying, Asik, Asik, Asik. He is a starting center without a home right now. 

If we are unable to draft Jabari, I expect Danny to package the pick and one of our talented young PFs and Hump's expiring in a bigger trade for a veteran big. Aldridge would be a perfect fit, though the stars need to align. If Portland combusts like last year, there'll be opportunity. If not, I don't know where else to look. Maybe Memphis misses the playoffs and we can steal away Gasol. Who knows what will happen.

I like Hayward. I'm not sure how he fits (staring SG, SF or bench) or if he is attainable via offer sheet or trade, but if we can't land Jabari we need a go-to scorer. I think a combo of Hayward and Green, although neither will average the 25ppg can combine for serious production (37ppg).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Again the plan would be:

1) Draft Parker

Rondo / Crawford

Parker / Bradley

Green / Wallace

Sullinger / Olynyk

Asik / Favarani

2) Trade for Aldridge

Rondo / Crawford

Hayward / Bradley

Green / Wallace

Aldridge / Olynyk

Asik / Favarni

both situations, both teams are viable contenders in 2014 and constitute a core that can continue to get better year after year. Remember we have assets to sweeten deals. That 2015 Clippers pick can be used for Asik. A 2016 Nets pick could be used to trade for Hayward or used to acquire Aldridge.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Trade proposals are all fun, none of us are ever right.  I mean, who could have predicted Perk for Jeff Green and Krstic?

Danny will do whatever is best for the Boston Celtics.  If he feels trading Rondo is it, so be it.  Right now, I can't see him trading Rondo.

What does HOU need?  That is the question about Asik

Are the Knicks contenders?  That is the question about them?

They could stink, and want salary cap space.......

Would you trade Hump, along with Marion, for Amare?  Bass to HOU and Asik to DAL?

Knicks get about 22 mill cap relief, DAL gets a C, HOU gets a nice PF........and we get Amare.

Again, I can't see  a trade for Rondo right now - let's see how he and Stevens co-exist first.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

I think DA values basketball IQ, so if he doesn't get a top 3 pick I would necessarily think he's trying to trade out. There are good basketball players to be had in the 4-10 range, and some guys projected later on that would be STEALS at the picks some of the draft sites have them ranked as. Don't discount guys like Smart (everyone knows about him), James Young (2nd best UK offensive weapon - can really score), and Wayne Selden (the most underrated college freshman IMO).

Getting a guy like LaMarcus Aldridge would be great, but I'm a big Sullinger fan. Gotta give props to R9R for actually conceiving a legitimate trade idea. I'm not sure if Sully fits Portland's style - they seem to like to run the floor a lot, and who wouldn't with Dame Lillard - but it would give them a low post presence.

I get the Hayward-Stevens love fest. You never know if magic can strike twice. But he's below average defensively. A backcourt of Rondo-Hayward would give up a lot of points. I'm not sold on Hayward being a great fit for the Celtics.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not to be a pest, but both of you are wrong.

Fierce - Danny is going to try to build around Rondo. He doesn't have the luxury of consecutive years in the draft, because (rightfully so) Rondo will walk to a contender at the end of his contract

Mployee - Danny is not going to trade Rondo for Jennings. I mean, go ahead and have fun with trade proposals and ideas for the future, but its pretty clear that isn't the path ... yet.

Danny will first look to build around Rondo. He will see if we are in position to draft a franchise guy who is NBA ready (meaning a ROY season around 20ppg). In my humble opinion, Jabari Parker and Julius Randle are those guys. I think Randle is extremely talented but will be the ultimate small-ball 4, and our team doesn't need that. I think Danny looks to draft Parker and hopes Sully will continue his development into an effective low post and rebouding player. We still need a Center and that will need to be accomplished via TRADE. That's why I keep saying, Asik, Asik, Asik. He is a starting center without a home right now. 

If we are unable to draft Jabari, I expect Danny to package the pick and one of our talented young PFs and Hump's expiring in a bigger trade for a veteran big. Aldridge would be a perfect fit, though the stars need to align. If Portland combusts like last year, there'll be opportunity. If not, I don't know where else to look. Maybe Memphis misses the playoffs and we can steal away Gasol. Who knows what will happen.

I like Hayward. I'm not sure how he fits (staring SG, SF or bench) or if he is attainable via offer sheet or trade, but if we can't land Jabari we need a go-to scorer. I think a combo of Hayward and Green, although neither will average the 25ppg can combine for serious production (37ppg).

[/QUOTE]

I can't understand the frequency of Heyward related trades on these boards. Yes, he was coached by Stevens, but he is literally one of THE worst defensive players in the NBA. He ranks top 10 worst in defensive efficiency (points allowed per 100 possessions) at a staggering 108.4.  Then looking at the net rating (difference bt Offensive Efficiency and Def. Efficiency) he manages to climb to the top 5 worst at -17.0 points per 100.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

[/QUOTE]

I can't understand the frequency of Heyward related trades on these boards. Yes, he was coached by Stevens, but he is literally one of THE worst defensive players in the NBA. He ranks top 10 worst in defensive efficiency (points allowed per 100 possessions) at a staggering 108.4.  Then looking at the net rating (difference bt Offensive Efficiency and Def. Efficiency) he manages to climb to the top 5 worst at -17.0 points per 100.  

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That's really bad. Dion Waters has a higher rating than that and he doesn't even look like hes trying on defense, which is a shame because he's really athletic. Lance Stephenson is a much much much better option (UFA in 2014). I'd rather spend the money there than on Hayward. Who knows if the Pacers can afford it. They have Granger's deal coming off the books, but Paul George and Hibbert take up a lot of their cap space.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That's really bad. Dion Waters has a higher rating than that and he doesn't even look like hes trying on defense, which is a shame because he's really athletic. Lance Stephenson is a much much much better option (UFA in 2014). I'd rather spend the money there than on Hayward. Who knows if the Pacers can afford it. They have Granger's deal coming off the books, but Paul George and Hibbert take up a lot of their cap space.

[/QUOTE]

Lance Stevenson, that's a quality player actually worth pursuing.  11th best in DefEff at 93.8 and top 20 best Net at a + 8.8.  If I'm gonna waste time with fictional trades might as well focus on players that would actually benefit the Celtics, he is one of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

There's isn't much of a market for Rondo. That said, the Knicks offer is a joke.

The best fit for Rondo is Minnesota. They are trying to win now and have a weak back court. They also have the disposable salary to make the dollars match.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's isn't much of a market for Rondo. That said, the Knicks offer is a joke.

The best fit for Rondo is Minnesota. They are trying to win now and have a weak back court. They also have the disposable salary to make the dollars match.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Pete, but Minny already has a pass 1st, weak shooting PG(for about 1/4th the salary). He's also a fan favorite and is 4 yrs. younger...Be very surprised if they covet RR...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

why not? as long as we can dump wallace get their 2014 first rd pick.

[/QUOTE]

EGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSS  ACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKLY

give these fools what they want and take their lotto pick.  package up a bunch of bums to go with rondo.  with amare stiffemire washed ashore averaging 3.2 and 1.8, the knicks NEED bland-one bass to shore up their front line.  lollls

just don't take the knicks trash.  i'd do this trade all day long if we unload chum and take on unrestricted first rounders and ho hum players- no virulent headcases like JR smith or hidden surgery bozos like chumpert