Knicks Trying To Get Rondo

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: Knicks Trying To Get Rondo

In response to jgallag1's comment:

If the Knicks want to get Rondo, there's going to have to be a third team involved.

if anthony wants to play with rondo, then get melo next off season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I'd rather have Greg Monroe than Asik and wouldn't give up Rondo for either of them, but I might if BOTH of these guys ended up in a Celtic uniform.....along with another #1 pick of course

Rondo will NEVER play for the Knicks , they have NOTHING (even less than Dallas) to offer the  Celtics for a player of Rondo's caliber

I CANT WAIT TO SEE RONDO PLAY FOR THE CELTICS, , I WANT TO SEE HIM PLAY WITH BRADLEY AND GREEN AND OLYNYK AND FAVERONI AND SULLY AND EVERY OTHER CELTIC !

TRADE TALK ABOUT RONDO IS MOSTLY FOR IDIOTS , UNLESS IT'S A PLAYER LIKE WESTBROOK OR CHRIS PAUL, KEVIN LOVE, THAT LEVEL OF PLAYER COMING BACK TO THE CELTICS FOR RONDO, THEN IT'S JUST A BUNCH OF IDIOT BLATHERING.......

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Its all fantasy talk. Its pretty clear Danny is at least going to try to build around Rondo. If you roll with this basic assumption, there are only a few paths to take.

• Danny cannot draft a top 5 big man ... it'll take 4-5 years to develop
    • Danny cannot build through multiple years in the lottery ... Rondo's window is now
    • Rondo needs dead-eye shooters (you'll notice Ainge's recent comment about Jeff focusing on his shooting)
    • Rondo needs high IQ players

I think Danny plays out the year, doesn't deal our pick until he knows what it'll bring. A kid like Jabari Parker is someone who is talented enough to help this team win now. I think Wiggins will take a few years to become dominant which is too long to wait.

This is also why I like a supertrade for Lamarcus Aldridge and Godon Hayward. Both are excellent shooters. One has never played with a top5 PG and one is just starting to. Idk if these guys are the solution or if its drafting Parker, but whatever it is, it has to fit with Rondo. That is certain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Rondo-Hayward-Green-Aldridge-Fav/Oly

= championships

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C - Asik

PF - Greg Monroe

SF - Jeff Green

SG - Bradley

PG - Jennings

That's a starting five that will get us to the Finals?

The objective is to make it to the Finals, not just make the playoffs.

-----------------------------------

You're absolutely right. But I think this team could:

Rondo / Crawford

Hayward / Bradley

Green / Parker

Aldridge / Olynyk

Asik / Favarani

This is totally a pipe-dream team. But what if Sullinger can become Aldridge-like in two years? What if the Celtics get lucky in this draft and land Jabari Parker. I'd go after Hayward, pay Avery. Opportunistically go after Asik.

People keep hating on Asik, but the guy is the 3rd best interior defender in the league. He isn't an offensive option, but he can be the defensive anchor to pair with Avery's on ball pressure. If we do land Jabari he can earn a starting spot at the 2/3 with Green. Maybe Jeff loses the starting slot and its Hayward and Parker in the 2/3.

That is the bones of a championship team. With the other Brooklyn pick, the Celtics can take a chance on another potential knock-down shooter. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

= championships

[/QUOTE]

To my last post, if you hold the pick and can get Jabari parker instead of Aldridge, keeping Sully and banking on his development ...

= championship

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

= championships

[/QUOTE]

Really?  Fav/Oly will get it done in how many years? You just shut the window on the other vets with no veteran rim protector. Nice 1-4 though!

[/QUOTE]

Asik!

he can hold down the paint like our guys cant. Bass & Lee. Get it done Danny!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

= championships

[/QUOTE]

Really?  Fav/Oly will get it done in how many years? You just shut the window on the other vets with no veteran rim protector. Nice 1-4 though!

[/QUOTE]

Asik!

he can hold down the paint like our guys cant. Bass & Lee. Get it done Danny!

[/QUOTE]

Houston wants a backup Center not Lee. How you gonna get Aldridge & Hayward?

[/QUOTE]

They have a backup Center. His name is Asik. They trade him for a starting PF to play with Howard. I give them Bass & Lee and a future pick (Clippers 2015) once they realize that they aren't getting Ryan Anderson or anything of better value.

You could trade for Aldridge and sign Hayward. However, I realize that may be difficult to pull off. Really, I'd do the above trade for Asik and see what happens in the draft.

1. Let say we get a top 4 pick. Utah drafts Wiggins, Sacramento drafts Randle Orlando drafts Smart and Boston drafts Parker. You keep Parker. 

2. If the pick is 5-10 and there isn't that transformational player left, you trade the pick in a package for Lamarcus Aldridge (if the Blazers drop out of contention, again). At that point you go after Hayward.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts