Re: Knicks vs. Celtics 01/24/13

Jeff Green doing a good job on Melo right there

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

how many "subpar" players can you count on..no..EXPECT to have a huge game in virtually every big game, regular AND postseason?

Stars bring it every game, or at least they try. I don't change my mind from game to game. What's his ratio? 1 in 3, 1 in 4?

That's because you're expecting too much from Rondo.

Rondo is NOT yet a superstar. He's just an All-Star.

He's not YET a superstar? he's almost 27! Come on, he is what he is, a very good player with an attitude problem. I don't expect big things from him anymore, hence the trade request.

you dont expect him to perform well when the lights are brightest? Or when its all on the line, in the NBA Playoffs?

if you say no you are a fool.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i wish we still had Perk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

This is nice by the bench. It would be nicer if Pierce, KG, and Rondo would seem interested in what their teammates were doing.  

Or play at this speed themselves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

If Green had Pierces minutes, Rondo could get him involved more times than not when he goes into his oncourt reclusive funks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

how many "subpar" players can you count on..no..EXPECT to have a huge game in virtually every big game, regular AND postseason?

Stars bring it every game, or at least they try. I don't change my mind from game to game. What's his ratio? 1 in 3, 1 in 4?

yup, about 1 in 3 he has a huge game..other games are normal. Very rarely does he play BAD, and in the playoffs hes always GREAT.

he still doesn't get to the free throw line enough (2.5 FTA per game), and his defense has regressed considerably (his individual numbers are solid, but as was hammered home in Tuesday's loss to the Cavaliers, Rondo is getting beat off the dribble too often, forcing the back line to help and creating cracks in the defense). As Pierce struggles, we'd like to see Rondo put this team on his back even more. But it really starts on defense, where he needs to gamble less and prevent so much dribble penetration. Grade: C-plus

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

He's not YET a superstar? he's almost 27! Come on, he is what he is, a very good player with an attitude problem. I don't expect big things from him anymore, hence the trade request.

you dont expect him to perform well when the lights are brightest? Or when its all on the line, in the NBA Playoffs?

When we get there and when we do a first round exit is nothing to gloat about. You seem to put Rondo ahead of the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I love Sully's energy and rebounding but I keep getting reminded of BBD when I see him jump and the number of times his shot is blocked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

yup, about 1 in 3 he has a huge game..other games are normal. Very rarely does he play BAD, and in the playoffs hes always GREAT.

he still doesn't get to the free throw line enough (2.5 FTA per game), and his defense has regressed considerably (his individual numbers are solid, but as was hammered home in Tuesday's loss to the Cavaliers, Rondo is getting beat off the dribble too often, forcing the back line to help and creating cracks in the defense). As Pierce struggles, we'd like to see Rondo put this team on his back even more. But it really starts on defense, where he needs to gamble less and prevent so much dribble penetration. Grade: C-plus

congratulations..you can copy and paste bc you cant come up with a scouting report on your own?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Why are you trying to convert Rondo into something that he's not capable of becoming?

Rondo's at his best when surrounded by players who can score.

You really think Rondo will become CP3?

Trading Rondo will mean we're going to be looking for another PG. Just like the Celts kept looking for a better PG than David Wesley, Sherman Douglas, Kenny Anderson, Marcus Banks, Sebastian Telfair, and many more.

Difference is, this is a PG area, there are so many good PG's out there, every season there's a new shipment. I prefer one who plays hard every game, doesn't need to be a superstar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

When we get there and when we do a first round exit is nothing to gloat about. You seem to put Rondo ahead of the team.

whens the last time we were knocked out in the first round!?!?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I think Shumpert's hightop makes him better

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Rondo needs some 3 point shooters who can hit a 3 point shot. He penetrates and dishes like he should and noone can make the knicks pay. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Whoever said we just can't shoot is right.  Maybe all of the complicated analysis of this team is overblown.  Maybe its just that we can't shoot!   When Paul and Ray and KG were hitting and Rondo had many assists because all he had to do was pass to those guys and they hit everything.    Remember when we used to be top 3 in the league in FG%, assists, and defense so we never had to worry about rebounds?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

congratulations..you can copy and paste bc you cant come up with a scouting report on your own?

I have given my opinion numerous times, just showing many people see what you refuse to acknowledge. Why are u so enamoured with Rondo?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

What is really sad is that KG and Pierce have regressed so much this year... they just look old and tired... the Cs go nowhere without their production which means they are in serious trouble...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

whens the last time we were knocked out in the first round!?!?

What's your prediction, you really think we'll make noise in the playoffs as an 8th seed vs the Heat?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We are a terrible shooting team.  I thought I'd never say this but "we miss Ray".

We have NOBODY who stretches the defense.  NY STAYED in a zone for a very long time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

how many other pg's jump in the paint and wrestle a rebound away from two bigs?