Knicks vs. Celtics 01/24/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Knicks vs. Celtics 01/24/13

We are losing a lot of a games.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

It is simple.  The Celts need to dip into the lottery this year and hope to get a dynamite wing player.  And retain KG and Paul Pierce.  We will be OK with Sully and Melo the new guy to build upon.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Pierce was awful, but why are some placing blame on KG?

Hello!

Did you watch the game or not?

Rondo created a shot for KG with 1:32 left in the 4th and KG missed it even when he was totally open! The score was 86-84 Knicks. KG could have tied the game.

And KG only had 8 points on 3-9 shooting. Is that someone deserving of 11m per year?

Fierce, sometimes you get juvenile and I am going to refuse to have a silly argument with you.

look, Rondo had a stupid turnover on the breakaway and other dumb passes.  Green shot two airballs.  KG missed a shot.  It happenS.  missed shots happen to both teams.  Silly TOs like Pierces and horrible shooting when your JOB is to shoot are much bigger issues.  KG did plenty of things to help us win. 

You always talk about boards and the guy had 12 and got their big guy in foul trouble!  Give him credit tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Bring back Big Al!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Get a big or or trade some of the untouchables (or get rid of Doc, lol.  DA & Doc are too tight for that to occur).

This team, as it stands, is going nowhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I like AB a lot too, but the fact that many of us were not willing to trade him for Cousins a couple of weeks ago is bizare.  For an all star caliber center, I'd do it in a heart beat.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

Pierce was awful, but why are some placing blame on KG?

Hello!

Did you watch the game or not?

Rondo created a shot for KG with 1:32 left in the 4th and KG missed it even when he was totally open! The score was 86-84 Knicks. KG could have tied the game.

And KG only had 8 points on 3-9 shooting. Is that someone deserving of 11m per year?

you're short changing KG tonight.  didn't have a great shooting night, but did a lot of things throughout that contributed to their cause for winning

Like I said, KG is being paid 11m per year to be a grea player, not just a good enough player.

And come on, that was an open shot that could have tied the game.

Please, enough with the excuses.

Like someone else said, you're selling him short.   He is NOT our scorer.  He is there for D and rebounds and leadership but everyone knows he is not going to be a big scorer.   Also, a missed hot is a missed shot.  Everyone had some of them.  If we miss a shot and lose, I can live with that.  I can't accept fumbling the ball and we don't even get a chance.   Fierce Pierce was involved in TWO turnovers at the end where we didn't even have a chance!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

I just think this team would run so much smoother without Pierce: dumping the ball into him so he can go 1 on 5 while everyone watches, Rondo running the floor then has to wait for Pierce while he takes his sweet time walking, and we could actually have a chance in the last minute of games because right now all we do is force an old guy the ball

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

KG had 12 boards and 2 blocks and a couple of steals.   Terry and Pierce are the reason we lost, especially Pierce.

They all have blame but I feel for KG because he gives his all and works so hard on D and boards.. yeah he should have hit that shot but I honestly think he was exhausted

If you get exhausted in crunch time then you're useless in the playoffs when the team needs you to play 38 minutes per game.

So why is KG asking for 11m per year?

Enough with the excuses. If we're going to look excuses there's plenty.

Come on, KG missed that shot because he's tired?

HAHAHA

Yes... it happens... 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Any of you guys want Josh Smith or Big Al back then Pierce has to be traded to clear cap space.

OR the C's don't pick-up PP's option next season (let him walk), and use the cap space to sign Big Al!

To your point, either way it is likely PP for Big Al!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

You haters see that?

If you want to blame someone blame KG or Pierce.

Rondo is the only one who scored in the last 5 mins for the Celtics.

Seriously, Pierce and KG sucks right now!

1) lets learn basic sentence structure- pierce and kg SUCK right now, not suckS

2) qui queg- let me do a 'reveal' to you of a little information- pierce and kg have been forced to carry UNDUE BURDENS on this team due to the way rondo plays most nights and due to the abject FAILURE of doc rivers to get these "not the greatest" but certainly "NOT THE WORST" supporting pieces integrated into our system and DEVELOP SOME OFFENSIVE SCHEMES WHEREBY WE DO NOT DIE down to the last few seconds of the shot clock with the dumbest, stalest "plays" imaginable. 

if anything doc has trended MORE into those idiotic offensive sets- the ones where EVERYONE IS COVERED because there is NO VARIETY- the more time goes on- the MORE you see the one trick pony doc exposed.

humm, let's see, who's quick on the roster- rondo, terry (still has some), lee, bass, green......  and we can't get any tempo?  most of our posessions are a dysfunctional fight to the death with the shotclock and rondo ballhogging...  every once in a while rondo plays well and carries his weight.  like tonight.

the other 5 out of 6 nights KG and pierce are being worked like rented mules.  big shocker that they "suck" right now???!!  oh, i forgot they SUCKS, right?  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA haaaaaaaaaaaa haa

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc needs to sit KG and PP for some rest after the HEAT game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

KG had 12 boards and 2 blocks and a couple of steals.   Terry and Pierce are the reason we lost, especially Pierce.

Stop making excuses for KG. Do you really think the Celtics signed KG for 11m per year just to play like Ben Wallace?

KG is the 2nd option. Without KG's scoring where will the points come from?

Come on, man, the reason why the Celtics were a great team in the past is because they had 3 great players. Right now KG being just a very good player is not enough, not worth 11m per year.

If you're telling me KG is just going to rebound and block shots then 5m per year is good enough.

who should REALLY be the second option, or even first option right now on this team?  hmm fierce. both the first and last names start with "R".  but he just doesn't have it.  they keep imagining he's going to rake it together for more than just a pleasing game every now and then to start off each new year and we keep getting here and gone, now and then.  oh well.  end of project.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

You haters see that?

If you want to blame someone blame KG or Pierce.

Rondo is the only one who scored in the last 5 mins for the Celtics.

Seriously, Pierce and KG sucks right now!

1) lets learn basic sentence structure- pierce and kg SUCK right now, not suckS

2) qui queg- let me do a 'reveal' to you of a little information- pierce and kg have been forced to carry UNDUE BURDENS on this team due to the way rondo plays most nights and due to the abject FAILURE of doc rivers to get these "not the greatest" but certainly "NOT THE WORST" supporting pieces integrated into our system and DEVELOP SOME OFFENSIVE SCHEMES WHEREBY WE DO NOT DIE down to the last few seconds of the shot clock with the dumbest, stalest "plays" imaginable. 

if anything doc has trended MORE into those idiotic offensive sets- the ones where EVERYONE IS COVERED because there is NO VARIETY- the more time goes on- the MORE you see the one trick pony doc exposed.

humm, let's see, who's quick on the roster- rondo, terry (still has some), lee, bass, green......  and we can't get any tempo?  most of our posessions are a dysfunctional fight to the death with the shotclock and rondo ballhogging...  every once in a while rondo plays well and carries his weight.  like tonight.

the other 5 out of 6 nights KG and pierce are being worked like rented mules.  big shocker that they "suck" right now???!!  oh, i forgot they SUCKS, right?  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA haaaaaaaaaaaa haa

Worked like mules? They are doing their jobs and being highly paid to do so...give me a break...

Sections
Shortcuts