Know the rules

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Know the rules

Come on DA!   You've been GM for ? 10yrs and don't know the rules of possibly trading coaches!   I didn't either, but I haven't been in charge for 10yrs.   It's not usual for this kind of trade to happen so I woulda called the league office and asked them for info about it.   Just one simple call that your secretary can initiate.   You do this before the media gets hold of the story and you don't sit there looking like a fool for not knowing the rules.
       This is an example of the disorganization that the Cs have been known for during the Pitino, Wallace and Ainge regimes.   With respect to DA, he has only one of eleven draft picks make the team in five years until last years draft.   If Sully has a career ending injury (I hope not) and it looks like Melo won't be a good bet to be more than a d-league player, then it will be 1/14 in six years!!!   (lol, lol).   Good luck Cs fans! :-).   (and most of you want to discuss whether Doc should come back/still coach the team.   The discussion should be whether DA is qualified to be GM with McHale now not around to bale him out.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Know the rules

In response to docc's comment:

Come on DA!   You've been GM for ? 10yrs and don't know the rules of possibly trading coaches!   I didn't either, but I haven't been in charge for 10yrs.   It's not usual for this kind of trade to happen so I woulda called the league office and asked them for info about it.   Just one simple call that your secretary can initiate.   You do this before the media gets hold of the story and you don't sit there looking like a fool for not knowing the rules.
       This is an example of the disorganization that the Cs have been known for during the Pitino, Wallace and Ainge regimes.   With respect to DA, he has only one of eleven draft picks make the team in five years until last years draft.   If Sully has a career ending injury (I hope not) and it looks like Melo won't be a good bet to be more than a d-league player, then it will be 1/14 in six years!!!   (lol, lol).   Good luck Cs fans! :-).   (and most of you want to discuss whether Doc should come back/still coach the team.   The discussion should be whether DA is qualified to be GM with McHale now not around to bale him out.

Certain nitwits here insist DA is a very good GM... they rather stick with DA than bring back Larry Bird because a BDC poster might criticize Larry and that would be too much to handle/

Not surprising these same people align with the Fungus almost 100%.. makes ya wonder just how many ids this guy has

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to docc's comment:

[QUOTE]

Certain nitwits here insist DA is a very good GM... they rather stick with DA than bring back Larry Bird because a BDC poster might criticize Larry and that would be too much to handle/

Not surprising these same people align with the Fungus almost 100%.. makes ya wonder just how many ids this guy has

[/QUOTE]

Fungus says he is the bes GM in the NBA.

laugh out loud gif

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Karl and Fierce stop being an azzes you make this all too personal If you and fierce want have a whine in do it via e mail I don't know about anyone else I would rather talk BBall than both of your inane little pzzing contests and semantical tiffs. WTF?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Here's the part that no one is understanding. Ainge hasn't said a word. We don't even know if he's pushing this. For all we know he may have told Doc, "go out and find a job and we'll see what they have to offer." DOC IS PUSHING THIS.

As far as KG being involved, Doc probably told the Clippers that he wanted to bring KG and the Clippers reported it as a deal.

Ainge doesn't have to do anything but get ready for the draft and FA. All those around him are running around trying to find better situations...mainly Doc. Has anyone heard Ainge say "we are trying to make a deal." It's al coming from the Clippers. THe Celtics are just reporting what they wantfrom the Clippers, they never said it had to be one deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Of course DA is trying to make a deal. What else would you do? 1) Keep KG and PP. I have nothing against this if they want to stay.   What will they have around them?   Basically, the same team as '12-'13.   PP will be able to create still less, JT even more inconsistent.   CL still only value will be on the bench.   KG being the only center.   Sully now having to rehab his back.   Hopefully TWilliams will have learned to shoot and Crawford learn how to play w/o turning to ball over.   But do have RR when he feels comfortable in returning.   Playoffs are possibility, but w/ PP, KG and JT another year older, then we Cs fans will be more nostalgic than realists.
       2)   Letting KG, Doc and PP leave only if they want too and w/o any hate from we fans (they have given us much great play over the past few yrs).   DA will have two draft choices and Jordan?   Well, he had two first rounders last yr and jury is still out on Sully.   I thought they shoulda drafted  Jeff Taylor of Vandy (Charlotte) or D Green (GSW).   Both had decent seasons and woulda answered the need for the 2 and 3 positions.   Plus both are smart players which the Cs really can use and both were seniors.   Melo is a disaster pick like many other DA picks.   Would you really buy a used car from _____ (you fill in the blank)?   Do you really want DA making your draft picks (I don't)?   Remember the Alamo.   Remember 1/11.   Oh.   You say DA doesn't get early draft picks?   Well, neither does the Spurs, Pacers or OKC (lately).  And, what would S Telfair say about that?
       Don't believe the hype (or no hype).   Even though DA screws up on drafting, he wants these trades to happen as much as the Clips.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

First of all there is precedent where moving an HC to another team and compensation is allowed. Though the compensation was only a 2nd round pick both times that it happened. However neither of the two HC's that were released from their exsisting contracts were of the caliber of Doc Rivers as neither had coached teams that went to the NBA finals. Danny Ainge, was/is just looking for fair compensation for his HC if the Clippers want him then he set a price. As for it being something the Commissioner would allow well that's a horse of a different color! Donald Sterns has derailed the Celtics at every juncture during his reign as the Czar of the NBA (interesting juxtaposition a Jew as a Czar), He's has been at war with the Celtics since the Red Auerbach days, and unless there is absolutely no way for him to mess with the plans of Celtics then he will exercise his given powers to destroy the chances of their improvements everytime. Just look to the Tim Duncan sweepstakes for your proof. The Celtics had two Lottery picks and the most ping pong balls in the hopper and even with the odds stacked in their favor Sterns found a way to screw them out of the first pick in the draft. So what ever possessed Danny into thinking David Sterns wouldn't intervine in this scenario? I knew from jump street that any attempt to manuaver by the Celtics would be met with David Sterns disapproval! Between he and Goodell I have trouble diciphering who is more inept and anti Boston in their judgements.