Know when to hold them,know when to fold them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Know when to hold them,know when to fold them

Danny is a gambler that is his trademark, right now he is gambling on the O'neals for the post season. The million dollar question is, was it the right gamble? In hindsight right now it looks a little bleak due to having one big. But if you add 30 minutes combined with the O'neals we should be better. Listen Perkins only played in 12 games this year, so chemistry on the floor can't be the issue. When we had O'neal in the middle the chemistry was fine, he will be back for the play- offs and so will JON. They don't have to be the players they once were, just giving us 30 minutes will help big time.   

So if you look at the big picture after the dust settles, who would you rather have coming off the bench Semi and Nate or Krstic and Green?  Because when all is said and done, that's what the trade did for us. The cards were dealt and they may not be aces, but they sure as hell aren't the joker either.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Know when to hold them,know when to fold them

good post....I think we owe it to Danny to let this play out....Now if JON or Shaq dont even log a minute in the playoffs respectively, I will be the 1st one with a club in my hand heading down to causeway st.  Lets just wait and see, and even if they dont return, we get too watch these old guys give it all they got and I am confident they will go down swinging!   What else are you gonna do....?  Cry about it, when there are more pressing problems in the world...or go be a Bulls fan?   This is a sport!   and we are basically going thru a period likened to the last week of the NFL if you are already seeded...so imagine that last game against the 2-14 Carolina Panthers being extended for a month...this is what we are going thru....just trying to fast forward to the playoffs...and I am confident the team that shows up will be much better than what we see now...Just need Doc to be smart in managing these guys minutes..

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

you heard it hear 1st....you dont mind if I copy this post from you, do you Fierce?

J/k

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Know when to hold them,know when to fold them:
    [QUOTE]
    Danny is a gambler that is his trademark, right now he is gambling on the O'neals for the post season. The million dollar question is, was it the right gamble? In hindsight right now it looks a little bleak due to having one big. But if you add 30 minutes combined with the O'neals we should be better. Listen Perkins only played in 12 games this year, so chemistry on the floor can't be the issue. When we had O'neal in the middle the chemistry was fine, he will be back for the play- offs and so will JON. They don't have to be the players they once were, just giving us 30 minutes will help big time.    So if you look at the big picture after the dust settles, who would you rather have coming off the bench Semi and Nate or Krstic and Green?  Because when all is said and done, that's what the trade did for us. The cards were dealt and they may not be aces, but they sure as hell aren't the joker either.   

Posted by paulbrr7

[/QUOTE]

-

Your title really threw me off because I thought that the title implied that Celtic fans should fold their hands and go home -- another Negative Nellie post.

I would have titled it, Lay Your Money Down, to keep the gambling analogy.

But I am in whole hearted agreement with you.  You make good strong points and the shortsighted people here forget we got new guys who have not yet adapted, and we got big guys coming back from injury.'

This slump is not the end of the Celtics season nor a harbinger of their play in the playoffs.

Only fools would think that way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Of course now we find ourselves in the same place as last year.  Most of us never anticipated this and the mindset of getting ready to shock the world again is in place.  We may find this a better place to be than frontrunner.

The problem is that DA dismantled the team (at least five of them) and there is no way that made sense for what was a title run.  We can still do it but what happens if we get to a seventh game final again with same results and say if we had only home court.

I also look at the schedule and wonder what DA thought about how it was going to get much more difficult at the end of the season.  Dismantling a team and winning home court should have presented itself as a contradiction of goals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i don't think danny ever anticipated having HCA. leading the east all season had the fans lathered up, not the celtics decision makers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bailey,
    You could be right on this.  If his job is that counterintuitive he could very well have seen that the team would falter this time of year. They did last year, but the question then becomes why disrupt so much of team with moving five players with 20 or so games left.  This is what I can't make sense of.  I mean isn't the scouting accurate enough to tell them Troy Murphy was not going to help them. Why unload Erden and Harangody then?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

In Response to Re: Know when to hold them,know when to fold them:
    [QUOTE]Bailey, You could be right on this.  If his job is that counterintuitive he could very well have seen that the team would falter this time of year. They did last year, but the question then becomes why disrupt so much of team with moving five players with 20 or so games left.  This is what I can't make sense of.  I mean isn't the scouting accurate enough to tell them Troy Murphy was not going to help them. Why unload Erden and Harangody then?  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I didn't like the Erden and Harangody deal ,that still doesn't make much sense to me. But they really only trades 1 guy who was going to play in the play-offs ( Perkins). So getting two needed bench players for Perkins makes sense. The bench was real bad this year and Danny knew he needed help. Like I said  two for one works for me.... As long as the O'neals come back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

The deal will work out if Shaq returns. He's the key. No Shaq, no title IMO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Danny is a gambler.

I have not gotten as high as many on this board when things were going well after the trade, nor as low as many are now. The real season is the play-offs, not now, and we will not know until the play-offs whether Danny's gamble was the right one. In the play-offs, we will know which big men will be available, and team focus will be at a high level.