Know who else stinks? Embiid.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Know who else stinks? Embiid.

Seems like the worse the Celtics record gets, the worse Wiggins, Embiid, Smart, and Parker are getting. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Know who else stinks? Embiid.

LOL.  Embid is an inexperienced work in progress who, given his athleticism, size, work ethic and character, will be an elite center in the NBA one day.  We would be very fortuneate to get him in the draft.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Embiid, please.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Oh.  A work in progress.  Like Fab Melo.  For the amount of hype he's absorbing, he should be NBA-ready.  Did anyone ever mention 'work-in-progress' when discussing Anthony Davis?

Wiggins was flat out AWFUL last night.  He doesn't even look ready to enter the draft, let alone equate to a lottery pick.

The last time the C's flirted with tanking, Oden and Durant were both playing.  And to me, it was justified.  Every time you watched Texas play you got to see a future assasin- Durant dominated during his freshman season.  Oden appeared to be the next man-child, like Lebron he was much bigger and stronger than everyone guarding him.  Oden imposed his way (a la Shaq) while Durant scored at will.

Did anyone notice how small the defender from Oklahoma was last night, the player guarding Embiid?  Embiid, for all the hype, should have torched him every trip down the court.  What I saw was another skinny project (albeit with an athletic upside) who could hardly even establish position down low versus a mediocre Sooner.

Anyone watching the Kansas-Oklahoma game got a good look at two very over-rated prospects.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The difference between Embiid and Melo is that Embiid has elite athleticism, dedicated work ethic, and solid character.  The only similarity is height!  

Every player has an off night but consider that both Wiggins and Parker have better freshman stats than MJ had at NC.   and Smart is a flat out basketball stud who is ready to step into a starting role and excel in the NBA on day one.   

I think most Celtics fans would be celebrating big time if we landed any one of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh.  A work in progress.  Like Fab Melo.  For the amount of hype he's absorbing, he should be NBA-ready.  Did anyone ever mention 'work-in-progress' when discussing Anthony Davis?

Wiggins was flat out AWFUL last night.  He doesn't even look ready to enter the draft, let alone equate to a lottery pick.

The last time the C's flirted with tanking, Oden and Durant were both playing.  And to me, it was justified.  Every time you watched Texas play you got to see a future assasin- Durant dominated during his freshman season.  Oden appeared to be the next man-child, like Lebron he was much bigger and stronger than everyone guarding him.  Oden imposed his way (a la Shaq) while Durant scored at will.

Did anyone notice how small the defender from Oklahoma was last night, the player guarding Embiid?  Embiid, for all the hype, should have torched him every trip down the court.  What I saw was another skinny project (albeit with an athletic upside) who could hardly even establish position down low versus a mediocre Sooner.

Anyone watching the Kansas-Oklahoma game got a good look at two very over-rated prospects.

[/QUOTE]

So you watch one game and make a judgement that neither Wiggins or Embiid can play?  Not too bright.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Assuming Embiid is gone ( I would take him, btw)...I have one request for DA:

PLEASE do not draft a "project"......PLEASE do not draft a guy "with a high ceiling".....PLEASE do not draft a guy who is "an elite defender"...PLEASE DO draft a guy who can score.

MKG, Derrick Williams, Bennett,....no thanks.  Give me Oladipo, MCW or Lillard....the league is still about scoring, folks.  Guys who can score don't grow on trees!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

Not to Mention Embiid has only played basketball FOR 3 YEARS!  He's learning and learning very quickly.  As for Davis he was drafted the caveat was he was a project and  wasn’t going to produce for a couple years.. He too had an immense work ethic and made a huge jump to be an All-Star caliber this season way earlier than expected on draft day.  Embiid has ridiculous athleticism but still needs to add strength, but one thing everybody has said continuously is his work ethic, love for the game, and desire to get better is unmeasurable.  You don’t play basketball as well as he does after 3 years without it.   And to concur, basing any judgment of anyone off 1 game is idiotic to say the least.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Assuming Embiid is gone ( I would take him, btw)...I have one request for DA:

PLEASE do not draft a "project"......PLEASE do not draft a guy "with a high ceiling".....PLEASE do not draft a guy who is "an elite defender"...PLEASE DO draft a guy who can score.

MKG, Derrick Williams, Bennett,....no thanks.  Give me Oladipo, MCW or Lillard....the league is still about scoring, folks.  Guys who can score don't grow on trees!

[/QUOTE]

Not to nitpick but all those "high ceiling" examples went to horrible organizations in terms of developing young guys.  Look at the Wolves, with the exception of Love they have so many guys that have been a "bust" in their care but leave and have better results (Wes Johnson, and D Will has played a lot better in still a pretty crappy organization since the trade).  And the Cavs... well not surprising they are perennial lottery fodder.  MCW was in fact viewed as a project, he could not score with any regularity at SU but was extremely athletic and big for PG.  I watched every SU game, knew he had a lot of talent but never saw him have any ability to translate that to ROY status and one of the top PGs in the East in his 1st season.  Dipo was not a scorer by any stretch in college but was an elite defender and effort guy, that’s what made him a “safe” pick, you knew for any team he was gonna work his tail off defensively and cross your fingers he can score (that’s why the initial plan was playing him at PG so as to not depend on his scoring but give him minutes to play D).  Lillard tho,  he was just a stud and could shoot the lights out from the jump and fits that scorer description. 

The thing is I don’t see many guys in this draft that can be characterized in those ways.  The only top 10 I see fitting those roles is Jabari as the pure scorer and Jerami Grant as the athletic freak that still needs development in offense.  But, I honestly think if we get in the top 10 (likely) any guy we take will be solid, with are coaching and development the Celtics can go toward “ceiling” and I see it working out.  Like Wiggins is referred to as a defensive guy but is raw yet already in multiple games has taken over with his offense by shooting NBA 3s, slashing to the rim, and even has shown some post moves.  I think most wings or guards in the 1st  have shown a diverse set of offensive game.  That is to say you can look at guys in this draft all the way into the 20s that look more polished than Bennett did last year. 

What guys would you prefer say in the whole draft, just out of curiosity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to PatsNut5480's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MitchUnderpants's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you watch one game and make a judgement that neither Wiggins or Embiid can play?  Not too bright.

[/QUOTE]

Did I say I've only seen him play ONE time?  Last night he only attempted ONE field goal because he was unable to establish a low post presence.

Last night was a nationally televised game versus an unranked team.  One of the local Mass superfans, above, replied that he had an off night.  HE DIDN'T EVEN SHOOT THE BALL BECAUSE HE CAN'T SET UP DOWN LOW.  Joel Embiid is not a lottery pick. 

Thanks to Wiggins throwing the ball to the other team, and dribbling the ball out of bounds..no one's really made any noise about Embiid's 2 for 4 gem versus a 6' 10 white guy.

Sections
Shortcuts