KO' rookie rankings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

KO' rookie rankings

http://hoopshype.com/articles/hoopshype/how-are-2013-draftees-performing-62

KO based on PER is ranked 8th amongst rookies and was pick 13. So hes a +5 in their ratings. Pressey a very respectable 17th after going undrafted. I was surprised to see mason plumlee at 2nd.

I think this will help put  things in perspective and put reasonalbe expectation on KO, after having crazy high expectations after  that great summer league. Even with his injuries and inconsistencies he is still showing better than his draft spot and producing more than a lot of player who were picked ahead of him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Re: KO' rookie rankings

and he will improve a lot because he is smart.  he will develop upper body strength and that will serve him well for the NBA rigor.  when the team has a realrotation also it can't do anything but help him.  this is a strange season to be a rookie on the Cs.  he will be in the NBA for a while and I think next year he will be much improved and way more aggressive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

If alot of the players on that list got as much run on a bad team like the Celtics as Oly and Pressey get, their numbers would be much better.

Plus, this was a crappy draft class.  Too many guys are injured and/or just not playing (because they're bad).

I think Oly will be a good backup but nothing special.  I don't think Pressey will be on the Celtics after this season.  I don't know why he's on the team now.  His ranking is evidence of just how bad this draft class is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

Kelly reminds me of the time  when you were a young kid growing up and the older more established players in the gym or schoolyard needed you to play because they were short one guy. At that time all you did when you got the ball was immediately give it up to one of the better players because you were in awe of them. Then one day you made a shot or a good play and everything just clicked and you realized that you belonged.  Kelly will be fine, he is a 7 footer who is a good passer and eventually will realize that he does belong in this league and when that happens he will start to perform much like he did in the summer league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I think sully is already a decent backup. You think he can only improve to a good backup? I think he has too much skill to just be just a good bench player. Most of his issues seem to be strength and indeciveness, I think he can improve on those things quiet a bit and become a starter type player. ( tho idk how he can start with sully ahead of him at the 4, but I think he can get some run as a small ball 5 and pickup some bu 4 minutes too).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If alot of the players on that list got as much run on a bad team like the Celtics as Oly and Pressey get, their numbers would be much better.

Plus, this was a crappy draft class.  Too many guys are injured and/or just not playing (because they're bad).

I think Oly will be a good backup but nothing special.  I don't think Pressey will be on the Celtics after this season.  I don't know why he's on the team now.  His ranking is evidence of just how bad this draft class is.

[/QUOTE]

You have guts Petey .I appreciate that you have very solid posts and "don't drink the Kool-Aid, but me hero Tommy H said Kelly will be terriffic during Sunday's game.  Now, this is no longer Summer League when predictions are fun but iffy.  If Kelly is only an average 7th man in 2 years,  I will post a compliment to Petey.  By the way, compliments to the long gone Kirk for saying that Sully would be a beast right after the 2012 draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to postal5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have guts Petey .I appreciate that you have very solid posts and "don't drink the Kool-Aid, but me hero Tommy H said Kelly will be terriffic during Sunday's game.  Now, this is no longer Summer League when predictions are fun but iffy.  If Kelly is only an average 7th man in 2 years,  I will post a compliment to Petey.  By the way, compliments to the long gone Kirk for saying that Sully would be a beast right after the 2012 draft.

[/QUOTE]

I'm still here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"You have guts Petey"

Petey adds a lot to this forum but c'mon, no one here has guts. We're talking about sports with anonymous screen names. Our guts come into play in terms of how we handle the adversity in our real lives. 

Pressey is tiny and is an ideal player on a team looking to tank badly. He's not good enough to play on a great team. 

I like Pressey's attitude but he's too short and just doesn't have anything special to offer. It's amazing he's made it this far but I don't think he'll be in the NBA in a couple years. 

KO is not bad, it comes down to his contract. He needs time to develop. I find him to be slow footed but he has a good shot and understands how to play a team style. 

He's not the steal of the draft some thought, I think he's ok. Petey is right that in a better draft class he'd be irrelevant. Then again we have to give him a couple years - like I used to insist about Fab Melo :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"You have guts Petey"

Petey adds a lot to this forum but c'mon, no one here has guts. We're talking about sports with anonymous screen names. Our guts come into play in terms of how we handle the adversity in our real lives. 

Pressey is tiny and is an ideal player on a team looking to tank badly. He's not good enough to play on a great team. 

I like Pressey's attitude but he's too short and just doesn't have anything special to offer. It's amazing he's made it this far but I don't think he'll be in the NBA in a couple years. 

KO is not bad, it comes down to his contract. He needs time to develop. I find him to be slow footed but he has a good shot and understands how to play a team style. 

He's not the steal of the draft some thought, I think he's ok. Petey is right that in a better draft class he'd be irrelevant. Then again we have to give him a couple years - like I used to insist about Fab Melo :)

[/QUOTE]

"guts come into play in how we handle adversity in our real lives"--

Troll Spanker- are really my hyper-literal engineer Brother who many compare to Spock on Star Trek?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to postal5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm still here.

[/QUOTE]

He is. he is the guy that said that Eddie house was better then Rondo, and now thinks Pressey is better than Rondo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

"You have guts Petey"

[/QUOTE]

If you've been paying attention, there is one of us who isn't anonymous anymore. It does indeed have quite the civilizing effect if you read his posting history. It's amazing once the face emerges from the shadows...Aint it cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to satchsanders' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kelly reminds me of the time  when you were a young kid growing up and the older more established players in the gym or schoolyard needed you to play because they were short one guy. At that time all you did when you got the ball was immediately give it up to one of the better players because you were in awe of them. Then one day you made a shot or a good play and everything just clicked and you realized that you belonged.  Kelly will be fine, he is a 7 footer who is a good passer and eventually will realize that he does belong in this league and when that happens he will start to perform much like he did in the summer league.

While I tend to agree with this post I'm also concerned that he is NOT getting good coaching. As a 7' player he is playing out of position as a center and severely lacks the basic skills of a center. He does not box out, does not strive for inside position on rebounds, does not create inside room for put-backs, and lacks decent lateral movement and the athleticism to be a good defender.

Many of these deficiencies could be corrected with better coaching but neither the coach nor his assistants seem concerned enough to spend time with KO. Kelly is bright, learns quickly and wants to be an asset.

Why teach him inside techniques if the center position is not his best position? Obviously to increase his versatility.

IMO I would strongly encourage him to  also seek his offense so that he can increase his value as a defensive object of concern to create more open looks for his teammates.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"You have guts Petey"

[/QUOTE]

If you've been paying attention, there is one of us who isn't anonymous anymore. It does indeed have quite the civilizing effect if you read his posting history. It's amazing once the face emerges from the shadows...Aint it cool

[/QUOTE]

Ha. if you were paying attention you would probably figure out that Brian Whitney isn't my name. It is just one of many names that I write under.

No one is real in here. Even you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Most of the guys with big pluses are on bad teams with needs.  It seems if you get to play good amount of minutes as a rookie whether because you are pretty good or it happens that the team is bad and have holes in that particular position, you do very well in this list.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"You have guts Petey"

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ha. if you were paying attention you would probably figure out that Brian Whitney isn't my name. It is just one of many names that I write under.

[/QUOTE]  I thought your real name was Snakeoil.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"You have guts Petey"

[/QUOTE]  I thought your real name was Snakeoil.

[/QUOTE]

Snakeoil died. He choked on a ham sammy while taking peyote.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'm with Petey, i'm just not seeing it with KO, and Pressey is not talented enough to make it long term.  I'll gladly admit it if i'm wrong though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm with Petey, i'm just not seeing it with KO, and Pressey is not talented enough to make it long term.  I'll gladly admit it if i'm wrong though.

[/QUOTE]

I think Pressey can make it as a backup point guard. He has one of the best on court/off court plus and minus numbers on the team. He makes good decisions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to satchsanders' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good post, give it time with a real point guard and Kelly will become a good, consistent player.

Pressey if he continues to work will become a servicable back up point guard, if he make miraculous leap with his shooting and defense maybe more, though not likely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Kelly will be fine.  It is very difficult for a young talent (three years away from his prime) to fit in with a team in transition.  Kelly is not the carry the team on my back player, he is (when mature and playing with a good team) the player at the end of the game that has 6 rebounds 14 points and 5 assist and a steal.  And everyone says "when did that happen."  He is the team player with talent.  Many will not appreciate him, but his coach will.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kelly will be fine.  It is very difficult for a young talent (three years away from his prime) to fit in with a team in transition.  Kelly is not the carry the team on my back player, he is (when mature and playing with a good team) the player at the end of the game that has 6 rebounds 14 points and 5 assist and a steal.  And everyone says "when did that happen."  He is the team player with talent.  Many will not appreciate him, but his coach will.

[/QUOTE]

I agree Romney.  The way Brad coaches, and the way Danny played team ball back in his C's days, a guy like Kelly should fit in.  His back to the basket game sucks right now, and it may never be above average.  But he contributes enough in other areas that KO's being on the court at the end of the game, as he was last night, will likely be common next season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  I may want to rethink the above statement.  Petey you;re on your own.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  I may want to rethink the above statement.  Petey you;re on your own.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm ... I think Danny was right when he initially said Kelly would be a very nice complimentary player .... Does your new statement mean you'd be unwilling to use Oly as trade bait?

[/QUOTE]  I would still use him in a trade.  I just meant that he did show me something in last nights game.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts