KOBE = 30,000 point club

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: KOBE = 30,000 point club

Greatness is not measured by individual selfishness. Kobe consistently takes more shots per game than anybody in the NBA and in the process he hurts the team flow and locker room chemistry.  Unlike true greats like Bird, Magic and Jordon, who are idolized and respected, Kobe is universally dispised for his arrogance, selfishness, and character...and his raping at least one woman.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's not take for granted what we are all so fortunate to be witnessing folks. Pure greatness!

Have an extremely blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

We care because?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

better yet, what players have taken the most shots per game and have raped a woman?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

better yet, what players have taken the most shots per game and have raped a woman?

[/QUOTE]

How many players have been destined for the hall of fame and never played an NBA game because they got dead the day after the draft 'cause they killed themselves with drugs? One guess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

John R - Jerk!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

John R - Jerk!

[/QUOTE]

See what I mean? You get into the God thing and asking people to pray for the recently departed then you start your namecalling. You going to church on Sunday? Until only mentioned Bias because of his greatness and he going to be a Celtic and give them more tiltles. I was only complimenting him and am so sorry he never made it. But I was just trying to say that if it was better to have Kobe who was exonerated from any crime or to have a dead drug addict? Bias never had the proper values or he would not have did what he did. If he had Kobe's work ethic and strength of character he would acheived what Kobe acheived. I'm not a Laker fan but I respect Kobe's accomplishments. I liked respected Bias's ability on the court but not his character.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

I spent five hours with Bill Russell last week and thought of Kobe Bryant twice and only twice. One time, we were discussing a revelation from Russell's extraordinary biography, Second Wind, that Russell scouted the Celtics after joining them in 1956. Why would you scout your own teammates? What does that even mean? Russell wanted to play to their strengths and cover their weaknesses, which you can't do without figuring out exactly what those strengths and weaknesses were. So he studied them. He studied them during practices, shooting drills, scrimmages, even those rare moments when Red Auerbach rested him during games. He built a mental filing cabinet that stored everything they could and couldn't do, then determined how to boost them accordingly. It was HIS job to make THEM better. That's what he believed. 

So when Russell mentioned a current star devouring his book and stealing that specific concept — then thanking Russell for the help — naturally, I expected the player to be LeBron James, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, maybe even Kevin Durant. Nope. 

Kobe Bryant. 

"Really?" I said incredulously. 

And that's how I learned that basketball's greatest teammate ever held something of a soft spot for Kobe, someone who's battled more coworkers over the years than Chevy Chase. Russell enjoys his competitiveness, loves his work ethic, appreciates his respect for history, and over anything else, loves how he borrowed that scouting idea. No other player ever mentioned it to him. Just Kobe.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8724362/the-kobe-question

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to john reudametkin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

John R - Jerk!

[/QUOTE]

See what I mean? You get into the God thing and asking people to pray for the recently departed then you start your namecalling. You going to church on Sunday? Until only mentioned Bias because of his greatness and he going to be a Celtic and give them more tiltles. I was only complimenting him and am so sorry he never made it. But I was just trying to say that if it was better to have Kobe who was exonerated from any crime or to have a dead drug addict? Bias never had the proper values or he would not have did what he did. If he had Kobe's work ethic and strength of character he would acheived what Kobe acheived. I'm not a Laker fan but I respect Kobe's accomplishments. I liked respected Bias's ability on the court but not his character.

[/QUOTE]

Who mentioned God?  I do know this - God hates a liar!!  And every time you say you're not a lakers fan...................well, chalk another one up!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"How many players have been destined for the hall of fame and never played an NBA game because they got dead the day after the draft 'cause they killed themselves with drugs? One guess."

If you didn't hang out here you wouldn't ever get offended by conversations here that having nothing to do with you and we'd all be happier. So, strongly consider going away. Nothing is more tiresome than the "nice poster from another team" that hangsout here eager to be offended so they can then act like a pud and pretend they were goaded into it, no pun intended. Fact is you are here to make fun of Celtcs fans and no one needs it. 

As for Kobe he was legally exonerated and it's unfair to call him a rapist but it's definitely clear from the documents he had at best an ambiguous sexual encounter he should not be proud of. He also threw his teammate Shaq under the bus while talking to a reporter, and did not help his sham marriage much either by his behavior. Bringing his kid to the podium constantlyi after that happened was another act of, at best, total phony image rehabiliation junk. All that will be part of Kobe's legacy, under the major footnote "Colorado incident."  

As for his on the court legacy, it will also be tainted by how many championships he left on the table by driving Shaq out of town and also by how he shot his team out of the playoffs in recent seasons, likely costing himsefl that 6th ring (they had no business losing to OKC). 

All that said, unlike the homer Celtics fans here I will say Kobe is one of the all time great NBA players - somewhere in the top ten and potentiallyi still climbing a bit more. I don't think he's the greatest Laker, I'll put Kareem, Magic and Wilt ahead of him, but I think he has now surpassed Jerry West both as a great Laker and as one of the best shooting guards of all time, second only to Jordan. 

Kobe also has an incredible work ethic and has done an amazing job re-inventing his game. This year he has shown a willingness to shoot less and help his team win, too bad his team may lack the talent around him to make that adjustment pay off. Kobe also influenced many stars, including Lebron, on what it takes to be a winner. 

The 30,000 point club is impressive as it speaks to longevity but I'll give Kobe more credit for the five rings and also for being a true closer, never afraid to take the big shot. He lives for the pressure moments and while not a better defender than Jordan, is at least his equal as an offensive force. I thought his 81 point game was historical, even moreso than 30K. I don't think we'll see an 80 point game again. 

Kobe is a fantastic all time player, he deserves better Laker fans than the trolls we get in here who are only here to be Internet bullies and make fun of the Celtics while their own team struggles. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] Sasha McHale

posted at 11/25/2012 11:23:26 EST

• hedleylamarr
    • First: 01/16/2010
    • Last: 12/07/2012

Kevin McHale's 22 year old daughter, Alexander (Sasha) has passed away after a long battle with lupus.

Once a Celtic, always a Celtic, and may God grant he and his family the strength to get through this..........................I don't know if I could myself.

Come back soon, Kevin, and God Bless!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224641/Sasha_McHales_Passes_Away

[QUOTE]

John R - Jerk!

[/QUOTE]

See, that's you talking about God then you do your namecalling. That's why you have such a bad rep here and nobody likes 'cause you are so nasty. I'm not even going to name any team because you accuse me wrongly of being a fan of a particular team, but there is one team out there that just works real hard to win each and every year and you seem to be real jealous, I am too, because I wish my team was as good, but it doesn't mean I have to be nasty if someone compliments them for being successful. See, you can't accuse me of being a fan because I didn't even mention them.

[/QUOTE]

Who mentioned God?  I do know this - God hates a liar!!  And every time you say you're not a lakers fan...................well, chalk another one up!!

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] Sasha McHale

• hedleylamarr

Kevin McHale's 22 year old daughter, Alexander (Sasha) has passed away after a long battle with lupus.

Once a Celtic, always a Celtic, and may God grant he and his family the strength to get through this..........................I don't know if I could myself.

[QUOTE]

John R - Jerk!

[/QUOTE]

See, that's you talking about God then you do your namecalling. That's why you have such a bad rep here and nobody likes 'cause you are so nasty. I'm not even going to name any team because you accuse me wrongly of being a fan of a particular team, but there is one team out there that just works real hard to win each and every year and you seem to be real jealous, I am too, because I wish my team was as good, but it doesn't mean I have to be nasty if someone compliments them for being successful. See, you can't accuse me of being a fan because I didn't even mention them.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Way to cut and paste something from two totally different threads!!

I didn't invoke God's name, I said God Bless Kevin and his family.  You keep bringing up Bias and Lewis,  a thing ONLY a lakers fan would do.

I'm mean and nasty and no one wants to  play with me?

GOOD - then leave me the he!! alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] Sasha McHale

• hedleylamarr

[QUOTE]

John R - Jerk!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't invoke God's name, I said God Bless Kevin and his family.  You keep bringing up Bias and Lewis,  a thing ONLY a lakers fan would do.

[/QUOTE]

There you go again with your meanness. What do you mean leave you alone? I never bother you, you are the one that criticizes me for being an unbiased poster and just because I look at teams objectively and don't favor one team over another. I'm sorry if I don't grovel over the Celtics all time, I just have to be honest and call them as I see them. I there happens to be another franchise out there that I won't mention because you get mad if I do, that is much better than your team or mine. Just because I have respect for that unnamed franchise it doesn't I like them better than my own team, I just wish we were as good, but I have to give respect when it is due. The Celts used to be the best but that was like in the olden days, and I respect them for that past but that time is long gone and there has been a new sherriff in town for like over 40 years. So sir, you have to get over it and move on. Like that other poster says, have a blessed day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] Sasha McHale

• hedleylamarr

[QUOTE]

John R - Jerk!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There you go again with your meanness. What do you mean leave you alone? I never bother you, you are the one that criticizes me for being an unbiased poster and just because I look at teams objectively and don't favor one team over another. I'm sorry if I don't grovel over the Celtics all time, I just have to be honest and call them as I see them. I there happens to be another franchise out there that I won't mention because you get mad if I do, that is much better than your team or mine. Just because I have respect for that unnamed franchise it doesn't I like them better than my own team, I just wish we were as good, but I have to give respect when it is due. The Celts used to be the best but that was like in the olden days, and I respect them for that past but that time is long gone and there has been a new sherriff in town for like over 40 years. So sir, you have to get over it and move on. Like that other poster says, have a blessed day.

[/QUOTE]

I am very objective about the Celtics.  We are a very flawed team.  We can't rebound to save our lives, and unless this is addressed, we will not go far in the playoffs this year.

Everything in bold face is an indication you are a fake Celtics fan.  Tell you what...I'll stop being so "mean" to you, you little crybaby, if you can make a post here expressing how much you like the Celtics....otherwise, the new sherrif in town is LeBron James, and we all need to figure out a way to beat him.

Your continued use of the word "like" is an indication you are, like, 15.  Now, son, here are the rules  - make a post about the Celtics, OR admit you a lakers fan, OR stop harassing me.  Your choice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] Sasha McHale

• hedleylamarr

[QUOTE]

John R - Jerk!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

THE LAKERS ARE 1-8 WHEN KOBE BRYANT SCORES OVER THIRTY POINTS IN A GAME THIS YEAR.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts