Kobe Anti-Ubuntu

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Kobe Anti-Ubuntu

Finally, Thorpe weighs in on the Lakers' unexpectedly early exit from the playoffs: 

"I think that what we saw there likely was the culmination of many, many, many games and many games together. And much of the b.s. that I think is going on with that team, at some point, people have to swallow that Kobe's not the best teammate we all think that he should be. I think there are times when he is and I have personal experiences with players that I trained that just love him to death because he was so generous with them, but none of them are named 'Pau Gasol' and none of them are named 'Andrew Bynum.' I think for different reasons there was a lot of (an) 'I've had enough of this' attitude. 

"And Kobe may have had some of it. There's no question Pau pulled a 'LeBron James' before LeBron James pulled a 'LeBron James.' He went back to three seasons ago in that series. That happens. The dynamic of team chemistry is something that you can never underestimate. I thought that team got beat in Game 1, Corey Brewer had a big early part of the game for Dallas that kind of got them going, and the wheels just kind of came off. Guys were just saying, 'I'd rather just be on vacation than playing with these guys anymore.'

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

Re: Kobe Anti-Ubuntu

The moment this happened(see below) the Lakers were destined to fail.

Phil blamed Kobe for the loss, noting that the Lakers couldn't get in rhythm despite a late surge, saying, "Kobe had to screw up the game and start energizing the team by going one-on-one." Kobe responded by blaming Jackson's strategies, saying, "I think we're looking too far down the road instead of looking just at the game that's right in front of you." 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

of all the things that kobe does exceptionally well, sharing the rock is not one of them. He takes alot of bad shots because he believes that only he can make them, and it ices out his teammates.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe Anti-Ubuntu:
    of all the things that kobe does exceptionally well, sharing the rock is not one of them. He takes alot of bad shots because he believes that only he can make them, and it ices out his teammates.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34

I agree with you.  Kobe isn't always a team player and definitely isn't always good about sharing and getting his teammates more involved.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

There is nothing new posted here. At Laker boards, there are many L.A. fans that criticize Kobe and support the team. But when Kobe goes on a roll, all of sudden many fans accept the good with the bad. Yet this past year especially, with Kobe unable to practice, with the numerous injuries taking their toll, Kobe's ability to carry the team has dramatically diminished.

Bryant, like many super stars, has had a very difficult time adjusting to his limitations. Artest checked out the whole season, frustrated with being put in a corner to shoot threes. Feeling unappreciated, underutilized, his people asked for a trade (that Artest later denied).

Gasol also disappeared in the playoffs. Pau was Phil's "whipping boy." Like Horace Grant before, Jackson would direct his tirades at Gasol, unwilling to direct his frustrations at Kobe.

Phil was simply burnt out. He'd been in the league too long and didn't coach as before. It happens. With Steve Blake never contributing as expected, with Matt Barnes suffering a serious knee injury, and with filling the roster with dinosaurs and 2 rookies, the writing was on the wall. Every championship team eventually starts to go downward.

I personally don't like Kobe the person but respect his talent. And Bryant must not be too smart because he makes the same mistakes over and over again. But I also realize that without Kobe, the Lakers don't have those 5 championships. Yet when the attacks on Kobe go over the top, when they get personal, like any Laker fan, and any fair minded person, I respond in his defense.

It will be interesting to see if Mike Brown can right the Laker ship.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

@LakerFan67

Well reasoned and intelligent post. Obviously there aren't many talents like Kobe, and for him to age is something that must be difficult for him to handle on a personal and professional level. What I found interesting is that Magic Johnson is imploring the buss family to trade Gasol and Bynum, when the real problem is that mamba iced those 2 out, along with Odom and Artest. I know personally that being an active contributor on the court is tough when you know that you aren't going to get the ball, and if you do it's an afterthought. If Kobe can't accept his limitations, then this next season could be incredibly painful for LA.

Sections
Shortcuts