Kobe at age 33 versus MJ at age 33

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Kobe at age 33 versus MJ at age 33

Kobe has more points and 2 more rings.

Just sayin'

Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Kobe at age 33 versus MJ at age 33

Kobe will never be MJ.....I get your point on the age and number of rings comparison.....but in the end......MJ had 6 rings and took two years off between threepeats.....Kobe needs another just to tie him......

.......it's clear that you are attempting to compare them as equals.......well MJ has 6 Final's MVP's to Kobe's 2....and it should only be 1.....Gasol would've gotten my vote..

take a look at their overall stats on a year to year basis.....MJ wins most categories.....real question....did you watch MJ play during that six title run?....be honest now....

Kobe is great but....

MJ and Shaq = Batman
    Kobe = Robin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Duke, if i was trying to compare them as equals, then I would have tried to inflate MJ's numbers as his do not compare with Kobe's at the age of 33.

MJ was great, but without Pippen he would not have won 6 titles.  Shaq would not have won his first 3 titles without Kobe. And just as MJ had the ball at the end of close games, Kobe had the ball at the end of close games when playing with Shaq. Nice try though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

.......not trying to put down your original point.....but as Shaq wouldn't have won without Kobe, the reverse holds true as well....and remember that, while Kobe like MJ had the ball in the end, it was Shaq who was named mvp in all three of those championships....I do not like Kobe and never will....but I will never not give him his due....he is one of the all time greatest players the league has ever seen

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

So Duke, as you previously mentioned that Kobe should only have 1 championship MVP in your opinion, the same can be said about Shaq winning all 3 when Kobe was clearly the closer on the team. Personally, I dont care about championship MVPs as they are clearly biased. The fact that Kobe has 5 rings and Shaq only 4 tells me enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Duke, if i was trying to compare them as equals, then I would have tried to inflate MJ's numbers as his do not compare with Kobe's at the age of 33.

bryant was 32 for the entirety of this past season. when jordan was 32 he was out of the league fiddling w/ baseball. when he returned, older, his numbers were not only comparable to bryant's of this past season, they were superior.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

MJ didn't have Shaq or Gasol to ride to get those rings. He couldn't fit in MJ's Hanes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

"KR".....it's hard to really pinpoint who had more value when it came down to Kobe and Shaq....I think that, generally speaking, the league always favored the "superstar big man" over the smaller guy....right or wrong...?  .....who knows...? ...it's just been the NBA mentality for decades....or so it seems...

MJ had no superstar big man playing along side him......Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, and Hakeem were the superstar big men on multiple champions....

it's an interesting subject.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I disagree with "it's hard to pinpoint who had more value...".  During his prime, any four posters on this thread could have made it to the finals with Shaq.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

If wheelchair had played with snaq throughout his career, wheelchair would have 10 rings....after all he is the best player on the planet!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Koberulz
    Kobe started at 17 and MJ stated at twenty.  So the points thing makes no sense.
    Jordan won six championships took two years off in his prime and never had the players Kobe had to play with.

In every category as a players MJ was significantly better.  He won because he was the man on the Bulls and frankly Kobe won just two titles where he was the star of the team.  Considering on the talent level and intangibles there is no comparison. Kobe is not even close to Jordan. Only someone named Koberulz or Laker nation could say something so foolish.  Even you know that.

But then again a silly troll who only is here to get a attention be provocative would say something so stupid as comparing Jordan with Kobe.  Only in your little fantasy world would someone even ask the question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe at age 33 versus MJ at age 33:
    So Duke, as you previously mentioned that Kobe should only have 1 championship MVP in your opinion, the same can be said about Shaq winning all 3 when Kobe was clearly the closer on the team. Personally, I dont care about championship MVPs as they are clearly biased. The fact that Kobe has 5 rings and Shaq only 4 tells me enough.
    Posted by koberulz

Koberulz- the more adequate headline should have been wheelchair v MJ at age of 33. Why? Well, wheelchair announced hmiself as the best player on the planet. So here goes.

MJ 6 titles.......................................wheelchair 1
    MJ 14 x All NBA team........................wheelchair 0
    MJ 9 x 1st Defensive NBA team..........wheelchair 0
    MJ 2 x Olympic Gold medallist............wheelchair 0
    MJ 10 x NBA scoring champ................wheelchair 0
    MJ 5 x NBA MVP................................wheelchair 0

Well, it's gotta be said that wheelchair comes a close 2nd (muahahahahaha) and if not for the massive disparity in talent, drive, athleticism and all round game them wheelchair would be right in there!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Note these are MJ's career stats...wheelchair won't be adding anything meaningful believe me!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

LAkernation 32,

BILL RUSSELL DID MORE THAN..

1. no means no....
    2. MEETA hes What
    3. LLAAMA gasol waaa my gf broke up with me...

PS: the nba...is what matters...Not your little spin.....WHAT THE NBA SAYS IS LAW..not hollinger..or what you wish...
    Things dont appear...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Kobe made some new friends.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Koberulz Kobe started at 17 and MJ stated at twenty.  So the points thing makes no sense. Jordan won six championships took two years off in his prime and never had the players Kobe had to play with. In every category as a players MJ was significantly better.  He won because he was the man on the Bulls and frankly Kobe won just two titles where he was the star of the team.  Considering on the talent level and intangibles there is no comparison. Kobe is not even close to Jordan. Only someone named Koberulz or Laker nation could say something so foolish.  Even you know that. But then again a silly troll who only is here to get a attention be provocative would say something so stupid as comparing Jordan with Kobe.  Only in your little fantasy world would someone even ask the question.
    Posted by concord27

So by saying Jordan did not have the talent around him that Kobe had , you make it sound like the Bulls were a weaker team than the Lakers

But i think it is ridiculous to try to compare different era's

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dirty,
    I am saying Jordan won six championships due his being the best player in basketball. You saw how good Kobe was when Shaq left. You can definitely compare Jordan to Kobe and say he was by far the better player.  There is no question about it if you are rational.  I mean where was Kobe better, errant shots. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Anyone know if MJ ever went a season with a record near wheelchair's 24-58 in 2006-07?

After all, if wheelchair can do it then surely MJ must have had something comparable?!!

Muahahahahahahahahaha!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Only in LA, folks, only in LA.....in any other city, Chris Rock would be using this as a punch line in one of his jokes!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Dirty, I am saying Jordan won six championships due his being the best player in basketball. You saw how good Kobe was when Shaq left. You can definitely compare Jordan to Kobe and say he was by far the better player.  There is no question about it if you are rational.  I mean where was Kobe better, errant shots. 
    Posted by concord27

When you have Smush Parker ,Luke Walton , Kwame Brown and Vladimir Radmaonovic in your starting line-up thats championship material Tongue out

I am not trying to compare either player, but i think some people have selective memory when it comes to Jordan

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

If wheelchair had played with snaq throughout his career, wheelchair would have 10 rings....after all he is the best player on the planet! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Aren't those wheelchairs made in Eagle, Colorado?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

The difference is, when Shaq was a Laker Kobe was Pippen and Shaq was MJ. Kobe not winning a single Finals MVP when Shaq was around is proof of that.
    Posted by Fiercest34

How many Finals MVP's did wheelchair win when antoine 'hoist it and hope' walker was playing with him?

Oh yeah, they never made a Finals series! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe at age 33 versus MJ at age 33 : How many Finals MVP's did wheelchair win when antoine 'hoist it and hope' walker was playing with him? Oh yeah, they never made a Finals series! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Maybe Kobe needs a wheelchair too!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

MJ is the best hands down, not only great on the offensive end, but a beast on the defensive end, as well (night in and night out)!

His likeness should be in the center of the NBA logo (no knock on you Mr. West, but you had your time)!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

several months ago, in response to a Laker poster, I put up a comparison of MJ and Kobe's careers.....the statistics clearly showed that MJ had the upper hand by a wide margin....I guess somehow all of the Laker fans that visit this forum must have missed it.....because there wasn't a single response from any of them.....isn't that strange....well then, as a refresher...

PPG......MJ 30.1.....Kobe 25.3......MJ led the league 10 times....Kobe twice...

APG......MJ 5.3 (high of 8.0)........Kobe 4.7 (high of 6.0)

RPG......MJ 6.2......Kobe 5.3

SPG.....MJ 2.3 (league leader 3 times).....Kobe 1.5 (never led the league)

FGP.....MJ .497 (6 times .500 or better)..Kobe .454 (never shot .500)

FTP.....MJ .835.....Kobe .837......Kobe by .002...wow

BPG....MJ 0.8.......Kobe 0.5

MJ had Bill Cartwright and Will Perdue.....Kobe had Shaq....

just sayin'

Sections
Shortcuts