Kobe Big money

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Re: Kobe Big money

Why should Kobe sign for less money you say?  Kobe believes that he is still one of the best players in the NBA.  In his mind he needs only one other max contract to play with and the rest can be support players.  He truly believes he can win a championship under these circumstances....and apparently so does the LA Lakers.  THIS is the only reason why he got the money he received....simple as that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

[QUOTE]

While Jim Buss certainly is a huge presence, Kupchak is a valuable commodity league wide and would have no reason to stick around with the Lakers if he were completely stripped of the decision making authority.

And if I can't have West, I'll still take Kupchak.

[/QUOTE]

The Phil Jackson fiasco last year was Jimmy, right?

Every Laker fan knew Phil Jackson was the right man.

But because Jimmy does not like Phil Jackson, the Lakers hired D'Antoni instead.

If it was up to Kupchak, I'm sure Kupchak would've hired Phil Jackson.

And remember Jimmy's first move as the Lakers' new boss?

Mike Brown!

Jimmy's not just a huge presence, he's the boss!

[/QUOTE]

Jerry Buss made the decision not to hire Phil

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1770310-jim-buss-says-father-jerry-buss-made-final-call-on-mike-dantoni-over-phil-jacks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Now appears Kobe can't play for " weeks"

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He found someone dumb  enough to pay him..heck yeah I'd take it if I were him...he's divorced now so he needs the cake and doesn't care what this does to the franchise....after this contract I'm sure he's done.....

The Lakers will find a way...the franchise signed Kobe to keep fan interest going...they'll spend their way into being a good team again...watch, they'll get there...they don't really care about the lux. tax...they care about the LA TV market area being strong...don't they own the cable TV rights for Laker games?...Like the NY Yankees, even lousy they still make money hand over fist!

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dirty52's comment:

[QUOTE]

Jerry Buss made the decision not to hire Phil

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1770310-jim-buss-says-father-jerry-buss-made-final-call-on-mike-dantoni-over-phil-jacks

[/QUOTE]

Really?

Who are you kidding?

Every Laker fan knows Jimmy Buss despises Phil Jackson.

Of course the Buss family is making it look like Jerry Buss hired D'Antoni.

I mean why would Jerry Buss not support his own son!

[/QUOTE]

Jim Buss on @PhilJackson11 "I consider Phil family. If he wants to work with me on a consultant basis, I'm all for it."

— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) September 11, 2013

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Now appears Kobe can't play for " weeks"

i think there is a secret plan behind that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Tell us about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dirty52's comment:

[QUOTE]

Jim Buss on @PhilJackson11 "I consider Phil family. If he wants to work with me on a consultant basis, I'm all for it."

— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) September 11, 2013

[/QUOTE]

Jimmy Buss Says "Screw You" to Phil Jackson -- and "Screw You" to Lakers Nation

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/11/jimmy_buss_phil_jackson_mike_dantoni.php

It was the biggest "Screw You" in hoops history.

Phil Jackson is not coaching the Lakers today because Jimmy Buss and Jackson do not like each other and never have.

It's that simple and that complex.

[/QUOTE]

The LA Weekly is not a news source. It is full of opinion peices. And as far as I know, not every Laker fan "knows" Jim Buss hates PJ. I've read a media reports suggesting it as much as the contrary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

I didn't realize Kobe got re-upped for that kind of money. It makes it difficult to build around him. A lot of players don't want to play second fiddle to Kobe either. See Dwight Howard. Could be a rough couple of seasons especially if he doesn't recover right. I think that's a huge risk especially if he can't play at all and I'm not a Kupchek believer and I seriously doubt he was onboard to pay him that much.