Kobe claims Dahntay Jones intentionally hurt him last night

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Kobe claims Dahntay Jones intentionally hurt him last night

Intent is the key.  I don't think there was a foul, and I don't know about any "unwritten" rule.............but I also don't know if he undercut him!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

He did undercut him !

It was a week play and of course Kobe Bryant is pissed !

So would KG or anyone else.

Give Kobe Respect, when Gasol is back and now that Dwight has flipped the switch, they will be hard to beat in the playoffs , they will probably play OKC in the Western Finals

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Again, if you watch it in slow motion, Jones is defending on a  diagonal, and turns his head to watch the shot............don't know how anyone can think it was deliberate.  Where were HIS feet supposed to go?

Kobe, who wasn't looking at the floor, claims is was.

Jones, who wasn't looking at the floor, claims it wasn't.

For all the "man up" comments the guy makes, he sure is whining a lot today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

KObe..I missed an easy shot for the win..is tweeting all over himself!

I love it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Dahntay Jones has a history with Kobe. Pretty sure that is why he is not getting the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BWYMjTs3c

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

Dahntay Jones has a history with Kobe. Pretty sure that is why he is not getting the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BWYMjTs3c

so do you think its dirty and  intentional?  Do you think Kobe extended his leg?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Hypocrite ... it was ok for Bynum to go up over Perk and land on top of him, blowing out his knee but don't undercut Kobe, even if accidental ... Whiner!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

I just saw the replay from the above angle and when Kome went up, Jones CLEARLY moved in under him! I despise Kome and the Fakers, but the truth is the truth! If you see the overhead replay, it is VERY obvious Kome was undercut

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I wonder if this was intentional on Kobe's part?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-hammers-kenneth-faried-flagrant-foul-video-142922552.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to coolfamily66's comment:

I just saw the replay from the obove angle and when Kome went up, Jones CLEARLY moved in under him! I despise Kome and the Fakers, but the truth is the truth! If you see the overhead replay, it is VERY obvious Kome was undercut

No.............it isn't.  Jones is looking at the ball.  You are saying he intentionally undercut him.  That would mean he's watching kobe's feet and deliberately putting his feet under him.  That did NOT happen here.  Jones is jumping diagonally, and kobe is fading away.  The defender has to get his feet down, too.  There was incidental contact.

Look, if I thought he fouled him or undercut him, I would say so.  But I don't think he did.

KG DID punch Channing Frye in his manhood, and Rondo  DID bump the ref.  This is inconclusive at best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Looks Intentional!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I just saw the replay from the obove angle and when Kome went up, Jones CLEARLY moved in under him! I despise Kome and the Fakers, but the truth is the truth! If you see the overhead replay, it is VERY obvious Kome was undercut

No.............it isn't.  Jones is looking at the ball.  You are saying he intentionally undercut him.  That would mean he's watching kobe's feet and deliberately putting his feet under him.  That did NOT happen here.  Jones is jumping diagonally, and kobe is fading away.  The defender has to get his feet down, too.  There was incidental contact.

Look, if I thought he fouled him or undercut him, I would say so.  But I don't think he did.

KG DID punch Channing Frye in his manhood, and Rondo  DID bump the ref.  This is inconclusive at best.

He knew where Kome was before the play started! Just because he isnt looking at his feet at that time doen not mean he doesnt know where he is! When Kome jumps up, Jones takes a step up under him, I dont care who is looking at who or where the feet are! He takes a step up after Kome jumps

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He knew where Kome was before the play started! Just because he isnt looking at his feet at that time doen not mean he doesnt know where he is! When Kome jumps up, Jones takes a step up under him, I dont care who is looking at who or where the feet are! He takes a step up after Kome jumps

So, you are saying Jones didn't jump at all to try to block the shot?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I just now got to see the play, and after all the ranting from Screamin' A. Smith I was expecting to see Jones break out a baseball bat and club him, a la DiNiro in "The Untouchables." But that wasn't even a foul, let alone a dirty play. Jones actually appeared to hold back, and it's clear that Kobe's right leg is extended, which might have led to the very minimal contact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

There is no denying that Jones continued to move forward while Kobe was midair. Whether there was anything malicious to it is debateable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

There is no denying that Jones continued to move forward while Kobe was midair. Whether there was anything malicious to it is debateable.

Exactly - so no foul should be called - incidental contact.  His momentum carried him forward.........on purpose?  I doubt it....but I've been wrong before

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

I do not wish any one to get hurt. Anyone. My opinion Kobe kicked his leg out. This making his landing on one foot. If it was a true fade away shot he would have come down on both, by kicking the leg out kept Kobe from truly fading away thus making come down closer to the defender. Again i wish no on to get hurt and this is just my opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

why is it so loud in here? Injuries are going to happen. Look at the C's..no excuses, hear me trolls, NO EXCUSES...Kobe or no Kobe, the "Most Dangerous team in the playoffs" (according to Marc TeaBagged Stein), that team was NOT going to make the playoffs PERIOD.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I hear through the grape vine the Suns are in the process of scheduling a D. Jones appreciation night! Under the table $$ well spent! 

Kobe! I hear Colorado has some great re-hab clinics! LOL!!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Exactly - so no foul should be called - incidental contact.  His momentum carried him forward.........on purpose?  I doubt it....but I've been wrong before

But it doesn't have to be malicious to be a foul. And I don't think it was momentum that carried Jones forward. It was him playing aggressive defense, dirty or not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

But it doesn't have to be malicious to be a foul. And I don't think it was momentum that carried Jones forward. It was him playing aggressive defense, dirty or not.

He was blocking Kobe from any chance of rebound.  Jones did not know if Kobe had time for a chance at the rebound.  Kobe argued with the ref and was walking like he had not problem.  Of course later he hobbled to the locker room. I predict he will be back hardly missing a game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I think it was a foul. I don't think it was dirty. Watch the replay and you see kobe is fading away. A player fades away to create space.

So to contest a fadeaway you have to move torwards the player. With all 220+ pounds of your body weight. . Hard to stop that on a dime.  

It's a bad break for the Lakers. I'd be frustrated if this happend to the Celtics, but I don't think it was dirty. 

Kobe probably should have been at the free throw line, but that happens. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Well, I was wrong on this one.  The NBA issued a statement saying that is was, in fact, a foul.  He didn't give him space to come down.  So, it wasn't called, but it was a foul.

What kobe is mad about (over the top out here, btw) is he thinks it was intentional.  THAT, I maintain is virtually impossible to prove from that tape.

Dirty is not the correct word.  What Wade did to Bradley was dirty.  What Ibaka did to Griffin was dirty.  What KG did to Frye was dirty.  What Artest did to Harden?  Borderline criminal.

It was an unintentional foul which could have happened 2.6 seconds into a game, or with 2.6 seconds left in  a game.

The refs missed it - time to move on.  All this "revenge" talk is making me sick!!