Kobe doesn't get it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Kobe doesn't get it

I enjoyed the day by taking in as much as I could regarding the Lakers/Thunder series and there was no doubt that the media is absolutely crushing Kobe for the "hero ball"....no one felt that the Lakers were any match for the Thunder....but the aftermath was brutal...

while the team is pointing fingers at Bynum, Gasol, Mike Brown, and the (lack of a ) bench, the majority of analysts are putting the series loss on Kobe....even in a 42 point performance it was pointed out that he took 33 shots....in the series ending victory over Denver, Kobe took 16 shots and the ball was being spread around the court....Bynum and Gasol were into the game....last night Bynum simply mailed it in once it was apparent that he wasn't going to be any kind of focal point.....this is what Kobe does....it's the reason that he forced Shaq out of town.....his ego is so huge that he will gamble that hero ball will be enough to lead his team to victory.....if he isn't "the man" it doesn't mean anything to him...

then, to see his arrogance and defiance during the post game interviews....simply unbelievable....he refuses to acknowledge that changes need to be made...his statements like "I'm not going to fade away" and "we aren't going anywhere" with his chin in his hand and a sarcastic smile on his face were just pathetic....he completely talked down to the reporters and showed no humility at all....this guy takes the cake...problem is....he doesn't even realize what he is doing to his own team...

the Lakers are in trouble and need to move some faces and contracts....good luck...I admire the Laker organization....but I cannot believe what a self centered jerk this guy is.....sorry for the rant...to the true Laker fans, many of whom I count as friends, I feel for you......the trolls can just take a hike....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Kobe doesn't get it

It's going to get worse for them.  Kobe does not have a humble bone in his body.  He lacks self awareness.  Once his skills diminish more things are going to get really ugly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Kobe has never been a good teammate.  He bashes his teammates, sulks, and then tries to play Hero ball.  Its a consistent pattern of behavior over the years.  He's a top 10 physical talent/competitor and a bottom 10 teammate/leader.

He will NEVER be in the class with Magic, Michael, Bird, Duncan, Russell, etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

On my list, Kobe is the third-greatest guard in NBA history behind Jordan and Magic. You can't deny his greatness and five rings.

But what I really don't like is how he calls out his teammates in the press. If you think Pau Gasol or anyone isn't being aggressive, then tell them ... to their face. Don't make them read about it in the papers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it:
    On my list, Kobe is the third-greatest guard in NBA history behind Jordan and Magic. You can't deny his greatness and five rings. But what I really don't like is how he calls out his teammates in the press. If you think Pau Gasol or anyone isn't being aggressive, then tell them ... to their face. Don't make them read about it in the papers.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Completely agree. Kobe is a h_ll of a player. He has 5 rings for a reason. But as a teammate, he is brutal. I think he had 0 assist last night. Wow. But for Bynum to just check out on his team is also brutal. If he was not going to be part of the offense according to Kobe rules last night, then at least show up on D. They had an inside presence that never fully got used in the playoffs. What a waste. Maybe the Cs could use Bynum as long as he is willing to adjust his attitude.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : Completely agree. Kobe is a h_ll of a player. He has 5 rings for a reason. But as a teammate, he is brutal. I think he had 0 assist last night. Wow. But for Bynum to just check out on his team is also brutal. If he was not going to be part of the offense according to Kobe rules last night, then at least show up on D. They had an inside presence that never fully got used in the playoffs. What a waste. Maybe the Cs could use Bynum as long as he is willing to adjust his attitude.
    Posted by antiqueman1

33 shots - ZERO assists!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]On my list, Kobe is the third-greatest guard in NBA history behind Jordan and Magic. You can't deny his greatness and five rings. But what I really don't like is how he calls out his teammates in the press. If you think Pau Gasol or anyone isn't being aggressive, then tell them ... to their face. Don't make them read about it in the papers.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE

I hate the Lakers and Kobe too, especially after the rape incident and then 2 years ago when in Game 7 he went 6/24 or 25% & was named MVP of the series. He'd been the goat had they lost !!!

BUT, as a basketball fan and I am many times biased toward the Celtics, I think that Kobe is the best since MJ. He makes some of the most acrobatic avatar type shots that make that are incredible. 
    You mention Magic, and I agree he's a better all around player in that he made many more assists but Kobe is what Pierce is called, a scoring machine.  He scored 38, 36 and 42 in the last 3 games and reason he’s a ball hog, is that no one is better shooting from the perimeter or driving to the basket on that team.  Even tired, he has a better chance of making the basket.  The only other prolific scorers are Bynum & Gasol & that’s because they are 7ft tall.  Our team has a number of perimeter shooters, Allen, PP, KG, Bass, Pietrus and Rondo too occasionally so we can spred the ball around.

OK, that’s my $.02.  Again, Kobe, much older now, is a gifted athlete and I bet he still could beat most people his size, not Durant, in a one on one. Yup, maybe LeBron would take him but driving to the basket he’s as good as Rose, Wade,Westbrook, Paul etc., in my opinion !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : 33 shots - ZERO assists!! 
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Maybe if the people he passed to made their shot he would have more assists

And his positiion is SHOOTING GUARD

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

the majority of analysts are putting the series loss on Kobe....even in a 42 point performance

...and this was the Lakers downfall - with his 42 points - the ball only funnelled to one place, KOME. ...then blame his teammates?
    BB is a team concept game....it's not an airport baggage CAROUSEL. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

If anyone watched the Lakers last game they would know that Kobe was the only one that was able to score consistently.

33 shots is not a problem when you make 18 field goals.
    Kobe 18 for 33, rest of team 16 for 42.
    Is it better for Kobe to have 23 fga and have Blake and World Peace have an extra 5?

Bynum was in foul trouble and not engaged in the game offensively or defensively. He had 10 points, 4 rebounds and 0 blocks in 35 minutes. He can get those numbers without even trying.

The Kobe hatred/jealousy here is brutal.
    He had a great/dominant game 5 but nobody on LA besides him stepped up.
    Why doesn't anyone bring up Sessions name? He had 1 field goal, 6 turnovers and only 3 assists in 41 minutes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The Kobe hatred/jealousy here is brutal.

If you don't believe that basketball is a concept game, then Kome will shine @ JAI-ALAI.

I remember Dominic Wilkins posting 66 points but the Celtics still wins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

The Kobe hatred/jealousy here is brutal. If you don't believe that basketball is a concept game, then Kome will shine @ JAI-ALAI. I remember Dominic Wilkins posting 66 points but the Celtics still wins.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Kobe has been to the NBA Finals 7 times.
    I think he knows about basketball concepts.

Wilkins never scored 66 points.

The greatest player in history was also the greatest scorer in history and averaged the most shots per game in history. How did shooting often work out for Michael Jordan? If Boston had a superstar scorer like Kobe, Jordan, Shaq (future Durant) they would have more then 1 championship in the last 25 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I pointed this out in the last finals we were at...that Kobe would be the reason we would win... i was shot down pretty good.. Even tho we lost in 7, Kobe wasnt the reason, his play helped us.

Kobe is adored for his play by so many because of 3 things, the 5 rings, his scoring avg and the face he makes many, many tough shots.

Now to debunk... 5 rings counts when youre the man on the team.. Larry has 3, MJ has 6, Maigc has 5... but they were the MAN!! Shaq was the man for the 1st 3... Kobe was garbage for the series vs Celtics, shot horrendous yet still got the MVP.. a joke

Kobe scores alot for the obvious reason, he shoots alot.  He also gets lots of espn highlights for all the tough shots he mankes... then again, why is he taking these tough shots?? He misses much more than he makes..  He keeps his teammates uninvolved...

Kobe was such a disaster in the Celtic series (the one the Lakers one) i felt so vindicated.. but then he gets the MVP.. the biggest joke ive ever seen. That series was all GASOL, then BYNUM!!  Hype, the NBA & Media put Kobe where he is... not legitimate analysis.. Sure, he has great talent and been doing it for a long time.  But hes nowhere near the class of the greats...nowhere!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : Kobe has been to the NBA Finals 7 times. I think he knows about basketball concepts. Wilkins never scored 66 points. The greatest player in history was also the greatest scorer in history and averaged the most shots per game in history. How did shooting often work out for Michael Jordan? If Boston had a superstar scorer like Kobe, Jordan, Shaq (future Durant) they would have more then 1 championship in the last 25 years.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

No we would not, unless we had Shaq to go with Pierce.  Kobe can't even win with a 31-32 year old Gasol.  Kobe is not Jordan and he is Robin to Shaq's batman as you know. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I pointed this out in the last finals we were at...that Kobe would be the reason we would win... i was shot down pretty good.. Even tho we lost in 7, Kobe wasnt the reason, his play helped us. Kobe is adored for his play by so many because of 3 things, the 5 rings, his scoring avg and the face he makes many, many tough shots. Now to debunk... 5 rings counts when youre the man on the team.. Larry has 3, MJ has 6, Maigc has 5... but they were the MAN!! Shaq was the man for the 1st 3... Kobe was garbage for the series vs Celtics, shot horrendous yet still got the MVP.. a joke Kobe scores alot for the obvious reason, he shoots alot.  He also gets lots of espn highlights for all the tough shots he mankes... then again, why is he taking these tough shots?? He misses much more than he makes..  He keeps his teammates uninvolved... Kobe was such a disaster in the Celtic series (the one the Lakers one) i felt so vindicated.. but then he gets the MVP.. the biggest joke ive ever seen. That series was all GASOL, then BYNUM!!  Hype, the NBA & Media put Kobe where he is... not legitimate analysis.. Sure, he has great talent and been doing it for a long time.  But hes nowhere near the class of the greats...nowhere!
    Posted by Karllost

Your name is quite appropriate karl lost.

Kobe would have loved to play with the talent Magic had.
    Magic/Byron Scott/Cooper/Kareem/Rambis/etc are so much better then the talent Kobe has played with.
    During Magic's championships Worthy and Kareem also won Finals MVP's.

Kobe doesn't get his team involved?
    He led LA in the playoffs in assists per game and was 2nd in the regular season.

The 2009-10 finals was all Gasol and Bynum?
    Gasol had a good series and a great game 7.
    Bynum had a TOTAL of 12 points and 14 rebounds in the last 4 games of the 2010 Finals.

Kobe has 5 rings, LeBron will probably have some, durant will have some.
    Boston has 1 in the last 25 years.
    Jealous of success.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: Kobe doesn't get it":
    If anyone watched the Lakers last game they would know that Kobe was the only one that was able to score consistently. 33 shots is not a problem when you make 18 field goals. Kobe 18 for 33, rest of team 16 for 42. Is it better for Kobe to have 23 fga and have Blake and World Peace have an extra 5? Bynum was in foul trouble and not engaged in the game offensively or defensively. He had 10 points, 4 rebounds and 0 blocks in 35 minutes. He can get those numbers without even trying. The Kobe hatred/jealousy here is brutal. He had a great/dominant game 5 but nobody on LA besides him stepped up. Why doesn't anyone bring up Sessions name? He had 1 field goal, 6 turnovers and only 3 assists in 41 minutes. Posted by Mark from Ct
    Mark, what you clearly don't see is that when other players aren't touching the ball they're not engaged defensively. That's why in these lakers close out games, when Kome decides he's going down firing, they ALWAYS get blown out, despite Kome scoring a ton of points, and the lakers point total Looking respectable. Think '06 suns G7, '08 Celtics G6, '11 Mav's G4, '12 OKC G5. Exact same pattern in every game. "he doesn't get it" is right on the money.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : Kobe has been to the NBA Finals 7 times. I think he knows about basketball concepts. Wilkins never scored 66 points. The greatest player in history was also the greatest scorer in history and averaged the most shots per game in history. How did shooting often work out for Michael Jordan? If Boston had a superstar scorer like Kobe, Jordan, Shaq (future Durant) they would have more then 1 championship in the last 25 years.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Yep you are right not 66 but I'm referring to 1988 Easter conference playoff. Wilkins got 47 yet Celtic's beat 'em up. It's one man band vs 5 for the Celtics.
    You can't argue that BB is a team concept regardless....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Posted by Mark from Ct

MJ had to at the time. He was by himself and no one wanted the ball. It ended up in his hands anyway. Till PIPPEN started to mature as a player. Then they got great role players. Players that knew their role. Remember Jordan in the finals passed the ball to Kerr in the last seconds of a game. They got him players he can trust and an offensive strategy that was just awesome.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

If anyone watched the Lakers last game they would know that Kobe was the only one that was able to score consistently. 33 shots is not a problem when you make 18 field goals. Kobe 18 for 33, rest of team 16 for 42. Is it better for Kobe to have 23 fga and have Blake and World Peace have an extra 5? Bynum was in foul trouble and not engaged in the game offensively or defensively. He had 10 points, 4 rebounds and 0 blocks in 35 minutes. He can get those numbers without even trying. The Kobe hatred/jealousy here is brutal. He had a great/dominant game 5 but nobody on LA besides him stepped up. Why doesn't anyone bring up Sessions name? He had 1 field goal, 6 turnovers and only 3 assists in 41 minutes.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

I agree with you and please know I am a Celtic fan since Cousy/Sharman days but I am also, although sometimes biased toward Boston, a basketball fan !!!

I am not saying in my previous post that because Kobe scored 36, 38 & 40 points that the Lakers should have won. I am not saying that if he scored 50 points + they should have won. This is what I say again, he is the best “Scoring Machine” since MJ.  Only Kevin Durant, in my opinion, will now take that title over. Could he have been as good an all around player as Magic, yes, but as someone mentioned above, he didn’t have the supporting cast to whom to make assists. Even MJ had one of the best small forwards in the game, Scottie Pippen, and they played in tandum like LeBron & Wade have done the past 2 games. Other than Derek Fisher, gone now of course, Kobe had no one else better to whom to pass for an assist.  When he did & they missed, it was not so evident how mediocre they were because Bynum & Gasol would put in the rebound or pass it out. Believe me, without frequently winning rebound battles by 10-15 rebs, LA wouldn’t have made the playoffs.

I reiterate my above post, Kobe , old & tired, still has a better chance of making the shot even with two men on him than passing it to Artest, Blake, Barnes etc. Again, that wasn’t true when Fisher was around.  Sessions, because they didn't get Chris Paul, coming in this year was supposed to be their answer to having someone like Kobe drive to the basket---he was erratic & mediocre. So, although I don’t like Kobe, he still makes shots and I still say “WOW” !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I may get some scathing comments from fellow Celtic fans but I do not believe I've  seen a discussion where Kobe is compared to P. Pierce who is called a "scoring machine". If Kobe had been a Celtic in the past few years instead of Pierce, KG would have controlled his individualism and we would have seen him assisting to KG, Allen, Bass, Pietrus etc., great perimeter shooters, that other than Derek Fisher, LA does not have.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I agree with most of what has been said but there were times when Kobe would pass to Gasol and Gasol would give it back to him 2 seconds later. Is that by design or is it Gasol not wanting to take the shot. Also I didn't see Bynum and Gasol work to post up to often, is that because they never get the ball or because they don't want to work that hard for a shot. Kobe will get most of the blame but you can't put it all on him when noone will step up take a shot. I don't like Kobe either and I'm so glad the Lakers are done. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Kobe had Shaq in his prime, PP has Kevin on the down side........

How many titles would Paul have had with Shaq is the better question. Kobe only won one without him and we handed that one too him. And lets not forget, with that title, he had Gasol and Bynum. Give PP Gasol and Bynum and see how he does.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Kobe had Shaq in his prime, PP has Kevin on the down side........

In Response to Kobe had Shaq in his prime, PP has Kevin on the down side........:
    How many titles would Paul have had with Shaq is the better question. Kobe only won one without him and we handed that one too him. And lets not forget, with that title, he had Gasol and Bynum. Give PP Gasol and Bynum and see how he does.
    Posted by terrrapin

Paul Pierce is a future hall of famer but he is notches below an all-time great player like Kobe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Also, Kobe won 2 titles without Shaq, not 1.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Kobe is a great player, but strikes me (and most people who are not Lakers fans) as the type of player who throws teamates under the bus. If you're going to confront your teamates do it in lthe locker room not via the media.

Things could change slightly if the Lakers get Howard. Then they'd have a better team, but also two divas that complain all the time. OKC looks very good and after beating the Lakers twice in the playoffs they have at least attained Laker roadblock status.

Sections
Shortcuts