Kobe doesn't get it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Kobe doesn't get it

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it:
    If anyone watched the Lakers last game they would know that Kobe was the only one that was able to score consistently. 33 shots is not a problem when you make 18 field goals. Kobe 18 for 33, rest of team 16 for 42. Is it better for Kobe to have 23 fga and have Blake and World Peace have an extra 5? Bynum was in foul trouble and not engaged in the game offensively or defensively. He had 10 points, 4 rebounds and 0 blocks in 35 minutes. He can get those numbers without even trying. The Kobe hatred/jealousy here is brutal. He had a great/dominant game 5 but nobody on LA besides him stepped up. Why doesn't anyone bring up Sessions name? He had 1 field goal, 6 turnovers and only 3 assists in 41 minutes.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Dude. We aren't just talking about one game.  Kobe shot an extremely poor percentage all year and is an arrogant dooshnozzle.  No one likes kobe except LA fans.  Of course he was an awesome player and is still quite good, but you asking why people aren't talking about Ramon Sessions?

Pull it together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : Dude. We aren't just talking about one game.  Kobe shot an extremely poor percentage all year and is an arrogant dooshnozzle.  No one likes kobe except LA fans.  Of course he was an awesome player and is still quite good, but you asking why people aren't talking about Ramon Sessions? Pull it together.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Who cares if anyone likes Kobe.
    The NBA is not a popularity contest.
    Everyone knows KG is a mean SOB and is viewed by other players as the dirtiest player in the league.

Nobody shoots the same percentage every year.
    Pierce has had some dreadful shooting percentages over the years and despite shooting a larger percentage of open shots, Pierce has a lower career fg% then Kobe does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : Who cares if anyone likes Kobe. The NBA is not a popularity contest. Everyone knows KG is a mean SOB and is viewed by other players as the dirtiest player in the league. Nobody shoots the same percentage every year. Pierce has had some dreadful shooting percentages over the years and despite shooting a larger percentage of open shots, Pierce has a lower career fg% then Kobe does.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Ya Know, I'm a Celtic fan and I agree with you about Kobe. Celtic fans are dancing around the main issue that Kobe is exceptionally gifted and other than Durant & LeBron, perhaps, he is a tremendous scoring machine. I reiterate I don't like him especially since the rape issue & winning MVP 2 years ago, especially shooting 6/24 or 25% in game 7 but he didn't name himself so not his fault.  The fact that he's moody, egotistic, doesn't get along with other players etc., is incidental to the fact that I feel he's the best since MJ.

RE: "Who cares if anyone likes Kobe. The NBA is not a popularity contest." You are right on...I was in the USMC and hated many of my superior officers but I respected them !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : Who cares if anyone likes Kobe. The NBA is not a popularity contest. Everyone knows KG is a mean SOB and is viewed by other players as the dirtiest player in the league. Nobody shoots the same percentage every year. Pierce has had some dreadful shooting percentages over the years and despite shooting a larger percentage of open shots, Pierce has a lower career fg% then Kobe does.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

You do.  I was responding to your post where you said People on this board didn't like Kobe.  I don't care if people like Kobe or not.  You brought it up. 

It's confusing trying to have a dialogue with you when you can never remember what you said the last time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

To all of those trying to compare Kobe with Magic, Byrd, MJ, etc. . .

The rules were different then.  No 3 point shot, traveling and palming were actually called.  You weren't allowed anywhere near the contact the offensive player is allowed to make today.

It's like trying to compare today's Pat's, Tom's stats with those of the greats in the 70's 80's & 90's.  The NFL rules today are designed to favor the offense as the NFL realized the AFL was gaining popularity because of high scoring pass offenses.  After the merger, the league continued to push offense, otherwise, you might as well be watching soccer. 

As defenders became faster, stronger & larger, the league changed the rules to cut down on contact, the bump & run, there is more pass interference, etc, however to make up for the changes, defenses became more intricate and specialized. . . So while Marino was a great passer during his time, the defenses were nowhere near as intricate as they are today. The defensive players nowhere near as athletic as they are today.

Kobe is not the greatest of all time.  Nobody is.  You can only be the greatest of your time and the leagues rules of your time.

I for one, can't stand the man.  He's always about Kobe.  Look what happened the first time he got Phil Jackson run out of LA.  He had to beg him to come back for Kobe had, at least momentarily, learned that it was a team sport.  It seems that lesson has been forgotten.  As a fan/league favorite, he's allowed a lot more leeway by the refs than other players, the same way Shaq and others have. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Still waiting for MarkfromCT response to his famous, stern and incredibly confident, "The NBA doesn't schedule back to back games in the playoffs, period."

Well??????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : Maybe if the people he passed to made their shot he would have more assists And his positiion is SHOOTING GUARD
    Posted by dirty52

Maybe if he passed the ball, they would be more confident shooters!! 

Anyone who doesn't think 33 shots is excessive in a 48 min game is really asleep at the wheel!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Still waiting for MarkfromCT response to his famous, stern and incredibly confident, "The NBA doesn't schedule back to back games in the playoffs, period." Well??????
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Yeah he really took you to task on that one.

I guess Jordan Hill wasn't the key to the NBA playoffs either. And Ramon Sessions wasn't enough to get the Lakers over the hump.

Who knew?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : Yeah he really took you to task on that one. I guess Jordan Hill wasn't the key to the NBA playoffs either. And Ramon Sessions wasn't enough to get the Lakers over the hump.   Who knew?
    Posted by snakeoil123

"Ramon Sessions will EASILY average 13 points and 10 assists for the lakers once he's inserted in the starting lineup." - MarkfromCt

Can anyone remember the last time this guy was right about something???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

mark regarding Sessions, wern't you one of the posters proclaiming the genuis of Mitch Kupchak for getting him? For unloading a 1st rund pick on him in the deepest draft in a decade? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Kobe had Shaq in his prime, PP has Kevin on the down side........

In Response to Re: Kobe had Shaq in his prime, PP has Kevin on the down side........:
    In Response to Kobe had Shaq in his prime, PP has Kevin on the down side........ : Paul Pierce is a future hall of famer but he is notches below an all-time great player like Kobe.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

I've been to the HOF many times................no one has their own wing there, just a bunch of plaques..............sounds like you want koME to be in a separate wing from the rest of the peons that occupy the Hall!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

mark regarding Sessions, wern't you one of the posters proclaiming the genuis of Mitch Kupchak for getting him? For unloading a 1st rund pick on him in the deepest draft in a decade? 
    Posted by jtkl

Well first he said Kupchak was going to come up with Howard and Williams by the trade deadline.

yeah then he said that Sessions was going to put the Lakers over the hump.

I really want to thank him and Elven and snoop/Bynum for posting this year.  Imagine actually posting on another teams website about the Lakers for 6 months.  Wow.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Well I have to say Kobe was also the coach for the Lakers.  During timouts he was telling the goofus that leads the Lakers what to do and when to do it.  Everything had to be about Kobe even when he was sitting out.  Putting on that show during timeouts  was really funny.  He was doing it for one reason,  Kobe.  Now he has to tell Kupcake what to do with his exit meeting.  This organization is a joke and it makes me sick.  My team is doomed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

....bottom line, KOME will retire & no one will remember him....say after a year or so? Being unwanted, unloved & uncared - he will be forgotten

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : I agree with you and please know I am a Celtic fan since Cousy/Sharman days but I am also, although sometimes biased toward Boston, a basketball fan !!! I am not saying in my previous post that because Kobe scored 36, 38 & 40 points that the Lakers should have won. I am not saying that if he scored 50 points + they should have won. This is what I say again, he is the best “Scoring Machine” since MJ.  Only Kevin Durant, in my opinion, will now take that title over. Could he have been as good an all around player as Magic, yes, but as someone mentioned above, he didn’t have the supporting cast to whom to make assists. Even MJ had one of the best small forwards in the game, Scottie Pippen, and they played in tandum like LeBron & Wade have done the past 2 games. Other than Derek Fisher, gone now of course, Kobe had no one else better to whom to pass for an assist.  When he did & they missed, it was not so evident how mediocre they were because Bynum & Gasol would put in the rebound or pass it out. Believe me, without frequently winning rebound battles by 10-15 rebs, LA wouldn’t have made the playoffs. I reiterate my above post, Kobe , old & tired, still has a better chance of making the shot even with two men on him than passing it to Artest, Blake, Barnes etc. Again, that wasn’t true when Fisher was around.  Sessions, because they didn't get Chris Paul, coming in this year was supposed to be their answer to having someone like Kobe drive to the basket---he was erratic & mediocre. So, although I don’t like Kobe, he still makes shots and I still say “WOW” !!!    
    Posted by mandobello

Kobe is a great player. But, he's not in the same class as Michael Jordan. He's also a few notches below Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, and Jerry West. Kobe won nothing until he was backed by Shaq.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I agree with most of what has been said but there were times when Kobe would pass to Gasol and Gasol would give it back to him 2 seconds later. Is that by design or is it Gasol not wanting to take the shot. Also I didn't see Bynum and Gasol work to post up to often, is that because they never get the ball or because they don't want to work that hard for a shot. Kobe will get most of the blame but you can't put it all on him when noone will step up take a shot. I don't like Kobe either and I'm so glad the Lakers are done. 
    Posted by kccorwin

No...Kobe does get it. He knows that the Lakers are done! That's why he's whining like he is!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

On my list, Kobe is the third-greatest guard in NBA history behind Jordan and Magic. You can't deny his greatness and five rings. But what I really don't like is how he calls out his teammates in the press. If you think Pau Gasol or anyone isn't being aggressive, then tell them ... to their face. Don't make them read about it in the papers.
    Posted by LloydDobler

If we are talking GUARDS and not just SG's, then Oscar and Stockton are both better

and if West played with Wilt when the stilt was the age Shaq was with Kobe (25-33) and had a 3-point line he'd have 5 rings and more points in less seasons

So I'm not even sure Kobe is one of the two best guards in LAKER history. He only has 1 more finals MVP than West (who led the league in assists once) and Kobe's 2nd finals MVP was a 6-24 joke that belonged to Gasol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

they played different positions but as seemingly unstoppable as they are considered, Baylor was a better all around basketball player than Kobe....Baylor invented the "game above the rim" and could seemingly float in mid air....he scored 71 in a regular season game and 63 in the playoffs vs the Celtics...with no 3 point shot....great scorer, rebounder, passer, defender.....dude had it all......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : "Ramon Sessions will EASILY average 13 points and 10 assists for the lakers once he's inserted in the starting lineup." - MarkfromCt Can anyone remember the last time this guy was right about something???
    Posted by hedleylamarr

I never said this.
    Why lie about what I post?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it :      Kobe is a great player. But, he's not in the same class as Michael Jordan. He's also a few notches below Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, and Jerry West. Kobe won nothing until he was backed by Shaq.  
    Posted by TexasPat

Did Bill Russell win 11 rings by himself?
    Nobody in NBA history had more help in winning championships then Bill Russell.
    After Bill Walton he is the second most over over-rated hall of famer in NBA history.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : I never said this. Why lie about what I post?
    Posted by Mark from Ct

No, you didn't! You wrote it TWICE!!!  EASILY was written in capital letters.  Want me to poll the audience and see who's right!!!
    You  are a compulsive liar!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : No, you didn't! You wrote it TWICE!!!  EASILY was written in capital letters.  Want me to poll the audience and see who's right!!! You  are a compulsive liar!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

You are a compulsive dummy.

Under Doc Boston is 2-11 in close out games.
    Maybe Doc should have his team prepared....just sayin....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe doesn't get it : You are a compulsive dummy. Under Doc Boston is 2-11 in close out games. Maybe Doc should have his team prepared....just sayin....
    Posted by Mark from Ct

That is not a denial!!  Still waiting for your spin on the back to back games in the playoffs..........oh right, YOU said the NBA NEVER does that!!!

Sections
Shortcuts