Kobe- Hall of Famer!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Kobe- Hall of Famer!

Kobe Bean Bryant aka The Black Mamba, Mr. 81 is without doubt a first ballot Hall of Famer. Unlike the fake known as wheelchair, Kobe has the credentials to back it up. Check it out:

5-time NBA Champion
    3rd all time scoring in playoffs
    6th all time scoring regular season
    81pts career game high (2nd highest all time)
    Leading scorer in Lakers history
    13- All Star appearances...4 x MVP
    13- time all NBA First Team
    9-time All NBA 1st Defensive team
    Olympic Gold medallist
    5 sixty point games
    24 fifty point games (wheelchairs highest is 50 lmao)
    107 forty point games

There are more things I could go into like MVP's etc but what is clear is that Kobe is the real deal. His career is top 5 all time. There are no wannabe stats like wheelchairs, just the cold hard facts that the Black Mamba WILL be a first ballot Hall of Famer! His jersey is always in the top 3 sold world-wide demonstarting his global appeal and unlike wheelchair who only has himself stating he's the best, Kobe Bean Bryant and his career say loud and clear...

I am the best!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Re: Kobe- Hall of Famer!

Hard to argue, Bryant also was the unquestioned best player on two championship teams, which is the most impressive part of his career. Pierce was the best player on one championship teams. Pierce is a hall of famer. But Bryant is the second best two guard to ever play after MJ. Pierce is the third best small forward in Boston Celtics history behind Bird and Hondo. No disgrace there either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Put wheelchairs stats alongside in each of these category's and it's obvious that wheelchair is not a Hall of Famer, unless of course the standard drops drastically.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

The list of players who have scored 20,000 career points and won a Finals MVP.

Michael Jordan, Jabbar, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Jerry West, Olajuwon, Moses Malone, Dirk Nowitzki and PAUL PIERCE.

Paul Pierce is in...First Ballot too. That is quite a list isn't it. Not too many stiffs on there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Pierce's best...3 x SECOND All NBA team. That's correct, 3 times!

HA HA HA HA HA! And never voted a starting conference All Star. Hall of Famer for wheelchair.....laughable.

As I said, put his career stats next to Kobe's, wheelchair is a ridiculous second!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

PP is a 3, koME is a 2.
    In league history, koME is probably the second best 2 ever - behind Jordan

You need to put Ray Allen's number next to koME - both are in.

Pierce will get in for numbers and longevity, but he isn't the best ever or even second  best ever at his position.  Neither is Olajawon, but he's in!!

Kobe Bryant is in, again why is this even a debate?

And there IS no comparison, because they don't play the same position!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe- Hall of Famer!:
    Pierce will get in for numbers and longevity, but he isn't the best ever or even second  best ever at his position. 
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Longevity???? Is that what it comes down to now? Hell, things sre definitely on a downer if that's the criteria for HOF entry.

Kobe gets in for one reason.....GREATNESS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe- Hall of Famer! : Longevity???? Is that what it comes down to now? Hell, things sre definitely on a downer if that's the criteria for HOF entry. Kobe gets in for one reason.....GREATNESS!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

If longevity is a criteria, even Ron Jeremy will get in. Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Very hard to argue with the trolls - so I won't
    Pierce is in - first ballot
    koME is in  - first ballot

Overall, koME is a better all-around player, and would get in even if he had ZERO rings, because he was so good for so long.  The rings are only the icing on the cake! You don't get in for rings, otherwise Robert Horry would be in, as would Steve Kerr and Will Perdue!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Kobe in no reason to put down Pierce as Kobe has and will be a all time great. Pierce is going down as one of the greatest Celtics of all time I can live with that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Umm... yeah. Kobe is better than Pierce. It's true. But Pierce is a first ballot HOF'er and there is no arguing that, if you do you really don't know basketball. I don't get this post. The day after the Bruins win the Stanely Cup and a few days after the team that beat you in the playoffs wins the NBA title, you post this bragging about  Kobe's excellent career. This is like me comparing Ray Allen and Derek Fishers careers or something like that. I'm not sure the point of this, you wont find anyone here who disputes Kobe's greatness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

The word 'great' is used far too often in describing players and their careers. By mine and most people's definition, Kobe is a great player. No doubt, no argument.

Wheelchair is NOT a great player,good, but not great. Now if celtic fans want to call him a celtic 'great', so be it for them but in view of the larger picture wheelchair is not and never will be an NBA great! In that context, Hall of Fame should be reserved for the greats! The watering down of that mantle does nothing but diminish those who really belong. I give but a few examples:

Magic
    Jordan
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Bird
    Hakeem

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I say we all sign a petition passing along  15 yr old Laker-Nation 32's wish to the Commish.  Weasel Stern will probably love the petition saying Laker-Nation 32 doesn't want PP in the HOF - it should only be reserved for the "greats".  In addition, the petition should dictate that ONLY 15 yr old Laker-Nation 32 gets to decide who's in and who's out.

Personally, I don't care if PP goes to his HOF acceptance speech IN a wheelchair or not - that actually might be rather comical.

Let's let PP play out his contract, then he can sign with the Lakers for ONE day - then the 15 yr old will change his mind!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

I say we all sign a petition passing along  15 yr old Laker-Nation 32's wish to the Commish.  Weasel Stern will probably love the petition saying Laker-Nation 32 doesn't want PP in the HOF - it should only be reserved for the "greats".  In addition, the petition should dictate that ONLY 15 yr old Laker-Nation 32 gets to decide who's in and who's out. Personally, I don't care if PP goes to his HOF acceptance speech IN a wheelchair or not - that actually might be rather comical. Let's let PP play out his contract, then he can sign with the Lakers for ONE day - then the 15 yr old will change his mind!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

The idea of a petition keeping wheelchair out of the HOF (should he make it) is brilliant-well done Russ.

As for wheelchair being a Laker.....arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh! Not in a million lifetimes! Let me enlighten you. Wheelchair is one of the most, if not THE most, despised person's in California. He will never be a Laker, despite him growing up a Laker fan, because his antics, his big mouth and everything reeks of "I wanna smash your face".

Now back to me deciding who gets into the HOF........Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

20k points, he's going to pass Bird for points, Finals mvp, a few more seasons left. Arguing about Kobe and Pierce is kind of silly. Both are in the HOF, Kobe's had the more illustrious career, thanks in part to having  shaq as a blossoming player. Pierce's teammates early on included all-time greats Ricky Davis, Vitaly Potapenko, Mark Blount and other scrubs. If only Pitino hadn't made all those crappy moves back in the day to acquire former kentucky players, maybe pierce would have had legit teammates. As it stands, Pierce's career has been enjoyable to watch unfold.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kobe won an MVP last year in the finals.  There should be an asterisk there for his terrible shooting throughout the series.  Hardly MVP like, the refs who gifted the series to the Lakers were actually the MVP's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Has there ever been a accused rapist in the HOF?  Classy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Has there ever been a accused rapist in the HOF?  Classy.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Yes......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GXgFC8q32Q

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

The word 'great' is used far too often in describing players and their careers. By mine and most people's definition, Kobe is a great player. No doubt, no argument. Wheelchair is NOT a great player,good, but not great. Now if celtic fans want to call him a celtic 'great', so be it for them but in view of the larger picture wheelchair is not and never will be an NBA great! In that context, Hall of Fame should be reserved for the greats! The watering down of that mantle does nothing but diminish those who really belong. I give but a few examples: Magic Jordan Kareem Shaq Duncan Bird Hakeem
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

I'm not sure how you can say Pierce isn't a "great". 9x all star, 20,000 points, Finals MVP. Kobe is better, no doubt, but here are their career averages.

Pierce: 37 mpg, 7.3 shots made, 16.3 attempted, .448 shooting %, 1.6 3's made, 4.4 attempted, .369 3pt average, 6 FT's made, 7.5 FT's attempted, .805 average, 6.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.5 STP, 0.6 BPG, 2.9 turnovers per game, 22.2 PPG.

Kobe: 36.4 mpg, 8.8 shots made, 19.4 shots attempted, .454 shooting %, 1.3 3's made, 3.8 3's attempted, .339 3pt average, 6.4 FT's made, 7.6 FT's attempted, .837 FT average, 5.3 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 1.5 steals, 0.5 blocks, 2.9 turnovers, 25.3 points per game.

I'm not arguing that Pierce is better. Kobe is either slightly better in most of these areas or about the same other than rebounds and 3pt %. But both have at least 9 All Star appearances, 20,000 pts, a finals MVP (Kobe has 2) and are supremely clutch players. Kobe is a better defender. Kobe IS a better player. But not enought that he is one of the top 5 of all time and Pierce isn't even a Hall of Famer. Would you let 3pts per game decide that? Both are HOF'ers.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe- Hall of Famer! : I'm not sure how you can say Pierce isn't a "great". 9x all star, 20,000 points, Finals MVP. Kobe is better, no doubt, but here are their career averages. Pierce: 37 mpg, 7.3 shots made, 16.3 attempted, .448 shooting %, 1.6 3's made, 4.4 attempted, .369 3pt average, 6 FT's made, 7.5 FT's attempted, .805 average, 6.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.5 STP, 0.6 BPG, 2.9 turnovers per game, 22.2 PPG. Kobe: 36.4 mpg, 8.8 shots made, 19.4 shots attempted, .454 shooting %, 1.3 3's made, 3.8 3's attempted, .339 3pt average, 6.4 FT's made, 7.6 FT's attempted, .837 FT average, 5.3 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 1.5 steals, 0.5 blocks, 2.9 turnovers, 25.3 points per game. I'm not arguing that Pierce is better. Kobe is either slightly better in most of these areas or about the same other than rebounds and 3pt %. But both have at least 9 All Star appearances, 20,000 pts, a finals MVP (Kobe has 2) and are supremely clutch players. Kobe is a better defender. Kobe IS a better player. But not enought that he is one of the top 5 of all time and Pierce isn't even a Hall of Famer. Would you let 3pts per game decide that? Both are HOF'ers.                                      
    Posted by WE5NUTS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

This is all you really need to put  Pierce up with the greats.

The list of players who have scored 20,000 career points and won a Finals MVP.

Michael Jordan, Jabbar, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Jerry West, Olajuwon, Moses Malone, Dirk Nowitzki and PAUL PIERCE. (Someday Wade once he gets 20,000)
    Now that is a very exclusive list. Players who had incredible careers AND shined on the biggest stage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe- Hall of Famer! : I'm not sure how you can say Pierce isn't a "great". 9x all star, 20,000 points, Finals MVP. Kobe is better, no doubt, but here are their career averages. Pierce: 37 mpg, 7.3 shots made, 16.3 attempted, .448 shooting %, 1.6 3's made, 4.4 attempted, .369 3pt average, 6 FT's made, 7.5 FT's attempted, .805 average, 6.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.5 STP, 0.6 BPG, 2.9 turnovers per game, 22.2 PPG. Kobe: 36.4 mpg, 8.8 shots made, 19.4 shots attempted, .454 shooting %, 1.3 3's made, 3.8 3's attempted, .339 3pt average, 6.4 FT's made, 7.6 FT's attempted, .837 FT average, 5.3 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 1.5 steals, 0.5 blocks, 2.9 turnovers, 25.3 points per game. I'm not arguing that Pierce is better. Kobe is either slightly better in most of these areas or about the same other than rebounds and 3pt %. But both have at least 9 All Star appearances, 20,000 pts, a finals MVP (Kobe has 2) and are supremely clutch players. Kobe is a better defender. Kobe IS a better player. But not enought that he is one of the top 5 of all time and Pierce isn't even a Hall of Famer. Would you let 3pts per game decide that? Both are HOF'ers.                                      
    Posted by WE5NUTS

Wheelchair may have made 9 All Star games but how many did he get voted in as a starter??

How many 1st All NBA teams did he get selected for?
    How many 1st All Defensive teams did he make?

He's lucky he got his single ring the year the Lakers had both Bynum and Ariza either out or hurt. As I said earlier, the HOF should be for the best of the best of which wheelchair is not.

BTW, the answers for all the questions above are.....0. That's why I don't consider him anywhere near great.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

When we say perkins being out hurt us, it's an excuse. When you say that Bynum being out was a key to us winning, it's rational? Give me a break. Pierce dominated the Lakers in 2008. No one on your team could stop him. Hatred keeps you from seeing his ability on the court.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

In Response to Kobe- Hall of Famer!:
    Kobe Bean Bryant aka The Black Mamba, Mr. 81 is without doubt a first ballot Hall of Famer. Unlike the fake known as wheelchair, Kobe has the credentials to back it up. Check it out: 5-time NBA Champion 3rd all time scoring in playoffs 6th all time scoring regular season 81pts career game high (2nd highest all time) Leading scorer in Lakers history 13- All Star appearances...4 x MVP 13- time all NBA First Team 9-time All NBA 1st Defensive team Olympic Gold medallist 5 sixty point games 24 fifty point games (wheelchairs highest is 50 lmao) 107 forty point games There are more things I could go into like MVP's etc but what is clear is that Kobe is the real deal. His career is top 5 all time. There are no wannabe stats like wheelchairs, just the cold hard facts that the Black Mamba WILL be a first ballot Hall of Famer! His jersey is always in the top 3 sold world-wide demonstarting his global appeal and unlike wheelchair who only has himself stating he's the best, Kobe Bean Bryant and his career say loud and clear... I am the best!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

My favorite thing about Kobe is that he raped a teenage girl and got away with it and not one Celtic in the history of this league has ever stooped so low!!!! You can keep Kobe/aka rapist.

Sections
Shortcuts