Kobe has a torn Achilles

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Re: Kobe has a torn Achilles

He gave it a heck of a try. One of the all time great competitors.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Cry wolf enough about being hurt,  limping around 3 or 4 times a game putting on a huge show for the crowd. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It is a shame kobe got hurt...............I wish him a speedy recovery, and hope it's not torn.  Terrible injury, and maybe career ending.......I hope this is not the case.  I don't like the guy, but I don't wish him injury, either/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Much as I dislike the Lakers and Kobe for his apparent personality, I have to acknowledge his greatness as a basketball player.  It is really sad that he suffers this injury this late in his career.  He still had a few good years left in him but this is a potential career ending injury.

Sorry but I can't rejoice about this.  It would have been fun if the Lakers missed the playoffs with Kobe healthy.  This is a different matter.  I wish him the best recovery.  But I will continue to dislike him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Not really surprising because of the long minutes he was logging..

Not a spring chicken anymore

I don't wish injury for anybody, but Lakers knew they were taking a chance by

letting him play heavy minutes to get into the playoffs..

We Celtic fans know a thing or two about team injuries...

Part of the game...hope its not career ending...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I hate the Lakers but I still do not wish injury on any player. Unlike the Laker trolls that were happy about the Rondo injury.

Kobe is a great player and nobody can acuse him of not giving everything he has to playing the game. What the heck kind of coach is D'Antoni, allowing Kobe to play that amount of minutes in multiple games in a row. Whatever the injury, I hope Kobe has a speedy recovery.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Definitely bad news for Kobe and the Lakers.  I wish him a speedy recovery.  Although I agree with the others that he shouldn't have been playing so many minutes. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Many times the toughest competitiors are the ones you hate the most.

Sorry to see Kobe get injured.  Torn achilles tendon's are major injuries.  Hope he makes a good recovery.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

This is nothing to cheer about. After having a career ending injury myself, I don't wish that to anyone. In that interview on ESPN you could see how down KObe was, and the memories of my injury came back immediately.

The crazy things is, it might be better for the lakers in the long stretch and finally Mark Cuban will be rigth. LA will amnesty Kobe. Maybe that is the only good thing Mr. Pringels has done as a coach for LA this year (Play Kobe more minutes than an ever in a month was really a great idea).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

This is nothing to be cheer about. After having a career ending injury myself, I don't wish that to anyone. In that interview on ESPN you could see how down KObe was, and the memories of my injury came back immeadiately.

The crazy things is, it might be better for the lakers in the long stretch and finally Mark Cuban will be rigth. LA will amnesty Kobe.

Rapists deserve no mercy. THIS WAS KARMA AT WORK.....SHUT UP!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

1. I don't believe he is a rapist.
    2. You can't tell me what to do, doesn't matter if you use capitals or not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hate Kobe as a Laker symbol.  But I have feel badly for him with this type of injury.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

it is what it is. we have many players injured on the C's side. at least we remained competitive all throught. I couldnt have said the same about the Lakers if it happened before and yet fans and trolls would have used it as an excuse.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

He gave it a heck of a try. One of the all time great competitors.

No question.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Much as I dislike the Lakers and Kobe for his apparent personality, I have to acknowledge his greatness as a basketball player.  It is really sad that he suffers this injury this late in his career.  He still had a few good years left in him but this is a potential career ending injury.

Sorry but I can't rejoice about this.  It would have been fun if the Lakers missed the playoffs with Kobe healthy.  This is a different matter.  I wish him the best recovery.  But I will continue to dislike him.

==========================================

I agree with you 100% and I do not wish anyone an injury to benefit my favorite teams.  I am thinking his injury is the coach's fault too playing him so many minutes unless Kobe defies him and plays anyways. There is something to resting KG & PP and we still have not secured 7th place. However, they have not secured even the 8th place !

As a long time Celtic fan obviously I don't love the Lakers, our biggest nemesis competing for the most rings, but I am a realist NBA fan too and I may not even like Kobe(rapist) but I will admit I believe he and LeBron are the 2 best since MJ. Many posts comment that heck he hogs the ball & tosses up so many shots that, naturally, he competes for leading scorer many years. However, there is no one else on the team with his talents and the Lakers have a better chance of getting points with him shooting than anyone else. I enjoy watching him as he is almost an unbelievable Avatar type movie character putting up incredible shots that only maybe LeBron can do that go in.  And I respect too that he is not a youngster & still a gifted athlete !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

==========================================

I agree with you 100% and I do not wish anyone an injury to benefit my favorite teams.  I am thinking his injury is the coach's fault too playing him so many minutes unless Kobe defies him and plays anyways. There is something to resting KG & PP and we still have not secured 7th place. However, they have not secured even the 8th place !

As a long time Celtic fan obviously I don't love the Lakers, our biggest nemesis competing for the most rings, but I am a realist NBA fan too and I may not even like Kobe(rapist) but I will admit I believe he and LeBron are the 2 best since MJ. Many posts comment that heck he hogs the ball & tosses up so many shots that, naturally, he competes for leading scorer many years. However, there is no one else on the team with his talents and the Lakers have a better chance of getting points with him shooting than anyone else. I enjoy watching him as he is almost an unbelievable Avatar type movie character putting up incredible shots that only maybe LeBron can do that go in.  And I respect too that he is not a youngster & still a gifted athlete !!!

Agree - they are KILLING D'Antoni on the LA Times!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Hearts out to Kobe Bryant. Great competitor. Always felt that he should have been a Celtic. A player of his magnitude and significance to the game should not be forced to leave the game like this. I am sure that he will recover. I just don't believe that he will be returning to a Lakers uniform. They (and their fans) will throw him under the bus to sign a high-impact free agent (Lebron James?).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

This is nothing to be cheer about. After having a career ending injury myself, I don't wish that to anyone. In that interview on ESPN you could see how down KObe was, and the memories of my injury came back immeadiately.

The crazy things is, it might be better for the lakers in the long stretch and finally Mark Cuban will be rigth. LA will amnesty Kobe.

There are a lot of loose women out for a quick buck. With Bryant being a high-profile athlete he was an easy target. I am not saying that he did not do it all that I am saying is that he may not have. When a woman makes an accusation of sexual assault or harassment the accused is often considered guilty without question. We just don't know what happened.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

There are a lot of loose women out for a quick buck. With Bryant being a high-profile athlete he was an easy target. I am not saying that he did not do it all that I am saying is that he may not have. When a woman makes an accusation of sexual assault or harassment the accused is often considered guilty without question. We just don't know what happened.

Come on.....a married man with wife and children at home and he puts himself in such a situation? KARMA...whether he raped the woman or not, KARMA. I don't have any sympathy for him or OJ.....OH WAIT, we don't know what really happened there either? Like I said, KARMA.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

Exactly...I don't admire him because it's clear he cheated on his wife, but nobody on this forum has any clue whether he's a rapist or not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

And whoever blames pringles for running Kobe into ground, there's no way they would have made the playoffs w/o him or with him playing "KG minutes" (assuming they still get in)

Sections
Shortcuts