Kobe has a torn Achilles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Kobe has a torn Achilles

In response to basketbert's comment:

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

This is nothing to be cheer about. After having a career ending injury myself, I don't wish that to anyone. In that interview on ESPN you could see how down KObe was, and the memories of my injury came back immeadiately.

The crazy things is, it might be better for the lakers in the long stretch and finally Mark Cuban will be rigth. LA will amnesty Kobe.

Rapists deserve no mercy. THIS WAS KARMA AT WORK.....SHUT UP!

There are a lot of loose women out for a quick buck. With Bryant being a high-profile athlete he was an easy target. I am not saying that he did not do it all that I am saying is that he may not have. When a woman makes an accusation of sexual assault or harassment the accused is often considered guilty without question. We just don't know what happened.

Exactly...I don't admire him because it's clear he cheated on his wife, but nobody on this forum has any clue whether he's a rapist or not.

OK, so he raped his wife's vows, committment, and trust in him. FEEL BETTER NOW? KARMA is a vindictive bytch!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

This is nothing to be cheer about. After having a career ending injury myself, I don't wish that to anyone. In that interview on ESPN you could see how down KObe was, and the memories of my injury came back immeadiately.

The crazy things is, it might be better for the lakers in the long stretch and finally Mark Cuban will be rigth. LA will amnesty Kobe.

There are a lot of loose women out for a quick buck. With Bryant being a high-profile athlete he was an easy target. I am not saying that he did not do it all that I am saying is that he may not have. When a woman makes an accusation of sexual assault or harassment the accused is often considered guilty without question. We just don't know what happened.

Exactly...I don't admire him because it's clear he cheated on his wife, but nobody on this forum has any clue whether he's a rapist or not.

OK, so he raped his wife's vows, committment, and trust in him. FEEL BETTER NOW? KARMA is a vindictive bytch!

so do you feel the same about Shaq who cheated on his wife?  that his injury was karma?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

so do you feel the same about Shaq who cheated on his wife?  that his injury was karma?

Every bad deed has its cost.....KARMA!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

He gave it a heck of a try. One of the all time great competitors.

I do give him kudos(grudginly) for efforts on the court...

He is at the age when a good coach would start watching his minutes and give games off accordingly, and let the bench develop....(MIAMI, CELTCS)but ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-goes-facebook-vent-vowing-return-while-151947306--nba.html

he should call Rondo...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/04/mike-dantoni-says-he-has-no-choice-but-to-play-kobe-bryant-heavy-minutes/  should have seen this coming..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

It's easy to say that Bryant was a monster because he cheated on his wife. I don't think you would find it quite so easy if beautiful women were throwing themselves at you on a daily basis Especially being on the road as often as these guys are! He is just a man. We all have faults. Being a basketball star does not make a person superhuman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Yes especially if they look like the ones Kirk starts off his game day post...lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

If you haven't read this Globe article, I've copied & pasted it here. Very classy comments about Kobe from Doc !!!

"Like countless others, Celtics coach Doc Rivers is emotionally shaken by the season-ending torn left Achilles tendon that Lakers star Kobe Bryant suffered Friday.

"That was awful to watch. It really was," Rivers said here Saturday before his team faced the Magic. "Listen, my players are my favorite, but if I had another one, it would be Kobe.

Rivers continued, "I just love his heart and his toughness. Heck, I love the fact that he got up and made two free throws a torn Achilles. I would’ve been laying on the floor, crying like a baby. He is as tough a competitor that we’ve seen. Ever. He’ll be missed."

The 35-year-old Bryant was scheduled to have surgery Saturday and he's expected to be out 6 to 9 months, Lakers trainer Gary Vitti told reporters.

"I wouldn’t bet against him coming back and being great. I will tell you that," Rivers said. "Kobe, if he wants to come back and be great, he’ll be that."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I will put him with bird, as two of the toughest SOB's to ever play the game!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bird was way tougher than Kobe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Bird was way tougher than Kobe

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Right, but you don't even know the correct way to use exclamation points so...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Right, but you don't even know the correct way to use exclamation points so...

Ms. Passive-Aggressive hard @ work! Doing what he knows best...Yell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Will be a hard road back but I'm willing to say he'll return. 

People are saying that both he and Jordan have suffered major injuries, thing was that Jordan had his when he was much younger. Both of them have that x-factor that champion players have. 

The minutes he's been playing this season have been unreasonable in the extreme. And I have felt the team has played better when the scoring has been spread. Not just focused on Bryant scoring 35 or 40 points. 20 to 25 is the perfect amount. The minutes and the knocks he received during the Warriors game surely contributed to the injury. 

Really did think we'd have some chance in the first round. Not a great one, but at least we'd give our opponent trouble and hopefully have them earn their wins. Not too sure what will happen now, but as long as the effort is there I wouldn't complain. 

Interesting off season in the making. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Skins and Heart's comment:

People are saying that both he and Jordan have suffered major injuries, thing was that Jordan had his when he was much younger. Both of them have that x-factor that champion players have. 

The minutes he's been playing this season have been unreasonable in the extreme. And I have felt the team has played better when the scoring has been spread. Not just focused on Bryant scoring 35 or 40 points. 20 to 25 is the perfect amount. The minutes and the knocks he received during the Warriors game surely contributed to the injury. 

Really did think we'd have some chance in the first round. Not a great one, but at least we'd give our opponent trouble and hopefully have them earn their wins. Not too sure what will happen now, but as long as the effort is there I wouldn't complain. 

Good to see you back,  hope things have been well.  Do you think the Lakers will amnesty Kobe?  I think they have to make a decision in june or july.  Seems like the smart thing to do. I believe i read somewhere where they would save approx 70-80 million if they do.   Sounds like a no brainer to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

And whoever blames pringles for running Kobe into ground, there's no way they would have made the playoffs w/o him or with him playing "KG minutes" (assuming they still get in)

Another Celtics fan jumping to conclusions that the Lakers won't make the playoffs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The lakers MADE the playoffs???  WOW, when did this happen.

They probably will, but they haven't yet!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The lakers MADE the playoffs??

Must have missed the memo, last I checked they hadn't clinched a spot yet.

They will probably sneak in as the 8th seed...........but as of today, they haven't made it yet

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

The lakers MADE the playoffs??

Must have missed the memo, last I checked they hadn't clinched a spot yet.

They will probably sneak in as the 8th seed...........but as of today, they haven't made it yet

Have plenty of faith that we'll be there. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Skins and Heart's comment:

Good to see you back,  hope things have been well.  Do you think the Lakers will amnesty Kobe?  I think they have to make a decision in june or july.  Seems like the smart thing to do. I believe i read somewhere where they would save approx 70-80 million if they do.   Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Bryant would have to give the ok before that. If he agrees then it should be done. But he has to agree to it. Would be the completely wrong thing to do if he said no. If he acts in the best interestests of the team then I feel he ought to agree to it. 

We ought to look after him though. Like Pierce and Garnett they should be Celtics for the rest of their careers. Particually Pierce. Garnett did win the championship for Boston. But Pierce is still the emotional heart of the team. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Can't clinch a playoff berth until the 82nd game of the regular season? 

Two words - CRAPPY TEAM!!!

No way. Just shows how close the race is in the Western Conference. There really isn't much between us and the Jazz, Rockets and Warriors. Even the Mavericks. 

The issue is in the West that their is such a discrepancy between the top playoff teams and those from seeds 6 to 8. 

The only team heading to the finals that is lucky to be there are The Bucks. I know it's how the system works. But a team really ought not to lose more games than they win, and then make it to the post season. I know this has happened to the Lakers in the past. But it's just not right! A reward for a season of mediocre performance.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9snbZBBSYxA#!