Kobe has a torn Achilles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Kobe has a torn Achilles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9snbZBBSYxA#!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Kobe parody

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

well,well,well this is what happens when you laugh at opposing teams player getting hurt or even worst when they die....all is well!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

But there's a big difference. The Rockets, Warriors, and Jazz don't have 100m payrolls. And the Rockets, Warriors, and Jazz don't have 2 MVP players, the best Center in the NBA, and another All-Star big man in Pau Gasol.

If the Lakers only had a 70m payroll and only Kobe and Pau Gasol then finishing 8th is not a big deal. But the Lakers have a 100m payroll and 4 All-Stars or former All-Stars on the team.

Talk about the biggest bust in NBA history.

When we played as a team, as in sharing the ball, we played very good basketball. Losing Bryant may not be the absolute end of the world. We could get by San Antonio if we play to our strengths, which is Gasol and Howard. Nobody in the West can really compete with them in a straight matchup. Although Perkins does play reasonably solid defense against Howard. 

Have to remember that Howard did lead a rather average Orlando team to the NBA finals. Probably a better coached team. But he didn't have a team mate with Gasols ability. 

Wouldn't say that we were a bust, did we underperform? Yes. But there were injuries, internal problems and coaching strife. 

Is an argument that super teams rarely succeed. Look at LA in the 80's. The team was built, we didn't import superstar players. I don't really call Mychal Thompson a superstar. Not in 1987. Boston won in 2008. But went to game 7 against Atlanta and Cleveland which was almost unbelievable. Head shaking when you consider how easy they did it afterwards. 

Really don't think the superstar team works. Not in the case of a 'season'. All star games, Olympics etc. That works. But egos always get in the way in most cases. 

Miami is a real exception. But I said it here a couple of years back. Eastern teams ought to get in quick i.e. the first two or three years. Because after that they'd be almost untouchable. Lebron James is just playing at another level these days. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Is that serious Kirk? 

Have to admit that I haven't seen many Miami games at all. Just been looking at their box scores. 

Is it just a case of Lebron getting more than the usual superstar type calls? I recall reading about Jordan getting plenty of favourable calls. Seems to happen in most sports though, but particually basketball. 

Have to say that I've grown to actually like Lebron a lot more in the last year or so .... (hides under cushion).