Kobe hurt

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Kobe hurt

He'll play next game...just more drama from a drama Queen.

he was whiniing to the officials about the fact that he MISSED a shot at the end of the game.......

next thing you know he'll be whinning on twiter or something about how he was fouled.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In the final moments of the Lakers' 96-92 loss to the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday night, Bryant missed a fadeaway baseline jumper and landed on the foot of Hawks defender Dahntay Jones. After X-rays came back negative on his ankle, Bryant was livid with what he believed had been a "dirty and dangerous" play on the part of Jones. 

In an email to Yahoo! Sports late Wednesday night, Bryant said that Jones "threw his hip and lower body into mine on the shot. That's a foul with 100 percent certainty. Dirty and dangerous play. Doesn't belong in the game."

So now he emails sports web sites to whine?

Kobe Bryant said his ankle injury was his worst in the past 13 years. (AP)Bryant believed Jones slid his foot underneath him on the shot, leaving him vulnerable on the landing. After Bryant had brought the Lakers within 93-92 with a 3-pointer with 18.2 seconds left, he missed an 18-foot shot with 3.9 seconds left that could've tied the game.

On his personal Twitter account, Jones tweeted, "…Tape doesn't lie. Ankle was turned on the floor after the leg kick out that knocked him off balance. I would never try to hurt the man."

Jones suggested that Bryant's leg kick on the shot initiated the contact, tweeting in his own defense: "Leg kick that makes contact with a defensive player is an offense foul. Period. The NBA changed that rule two years ago. Stop it."

Asked if there was a way he could play in Friday's game against the Indiana Pacers, Bryant later responded in an email: "I don't know."

He's such a faker. He'll play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I watched the replay, and Donte Jones was looking up when the foul happened so it appears to be incidental.

On the other hand, if you watch the finals series where Perk sprained his ankle going for a rebound, you will notice the while Perk and others are looking up to get the ball, Kobe is looking down before he places his foot under Perks foot. Who looks down when there is a rebound to be had? The smoking gun does not lie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikekane3334. Show Mikekane3334's posts

I didn't see the play where he got hurt but my guess is that he did his usual of sticking his leg out towards the defender in an attempt to draw a foul.  Couldn't happen to a nicer player!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Kobe is one of the greatest players in history and is having a terrific year.  But he is one huge Drama Queen.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Whats ironic is they ESPN has Bruce Bowen talking about the defender walking up under Kobe. He said Kobe had a right to be pissed off.  Of course Bowen was accused of this hundreds of times and by Kome on more than a few times.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Just watched it in slo-mo.  Hard to tell if it was delibertate.  Jones made an attempt to block the shot, but did kind of slide his foot under kobe.  I didn't really see a foul on the play, but I may have seen an undercut.

Not as bad as Wade on Bradley......or, for those of us who remember, Parish on Laimbeer!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Don't be surprised if Kobe plays against the Pacers on Friday.

I wouldn't be.  The announcers will be all over it too.  How tough Kobe is, and can play thru anything, yada, yada, yada.   If he plays well then they go even further kissing his ____.  If he plays bad the injury is the reason, and the beat goes on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Don't be surprised if Kobe plays against the Pacers on Friday.

Just posted that on another thread.  Even if it hurts the team, he will play.  No doubt in my mind he will play.

It's all about him!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

LOL...of course he plays next game

did anyone watch how easliy he walked off the court whit the last seconds still on the clock last night?

fliped his towell over his shoulder and walked right into the locker room....I didn;t even see a limp at all.

drama QUEEN!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

I don't wish injury to any player including the team I hate. The only potential good news that will come out of this is the trolls will have another extended European vacay.

My guess is he will play again soon, but maybe too soon. It's hard to do that without sustaining some kind of permanent damage, specially the latter part of your career, when you tend to heal longer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

did anyone watch how easliy he walked off the court whit the last seconds still on the clock last night?

fliped his towell over his shoulder and walked right into the locker room....I didn;t even see a limp at all.

drama QUEEN!!!!

Saw the same thing.  What a faker, he will be playing in a few days.  Let's hope his fantasy sprain plagues him the rest of the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

drama QUEEN!!!!

Saw the same thing.  What a faker, he will be playing in a few days.  Let's hope his fantasy sprain plagues him the rest of the season.

Sticking out the leg was OK though. 

Kome " I am mad because I have to wait a year for revenge".  I guess he is right,  Indiana could possible make the finals but I don't think the Fakers win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Just watched it in slo-mo.  Hard to tell if it was delibertate.  Jones made an attempt to block the shot, but did kind of slide his foot under kobe.  I didn't really see a foul on the play, but I may have seen an undercut.

Not as bad as Wade on Bradley......or, for those of us who remember, Parish on Laimbeer!

Or McHale on Rambis, one of the great moments in NBA history.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Yet were that a Laker clotheslining a Celtic, I'm sure you would consider it one of the darkest moments in league history.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Just watched the tape of the 09 play.  On that one, Jones definitely tried to hurt Bryant.  He has even admitted this.  That one was obvious.  Last night's was NOT obvious....and therein lies the paradox.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I hear through the grape vine the Suns are in the process of scheduling a D. Jones appreciation night! Under the table $$ well spent! 

Kobe! I hear Colorado has some great re-hab clinics! LOL!!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

drama QUEEN!!!!

Karma would say he gets a REAL sprain against Indiana.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Yet were that a Laker clotheslining a Celtic, I'm sure you would consider it one of the darkest moments in league history.

Lighten up, Francis.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The ultimate faker and sympathy seeker is a game time decision.  What a joke? If he is so injured how could he possibly be able to play?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

So kobe bryant sprains an ankle and it is national news. Then you have d--bag Wade almost murdering Rondo and they say it was "part of the game", "unintentional", etc...

Give me an ef-f1ng break.

Sections
Shortcuts