Kobe Injury Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from size11. Show size11's posts

Kobe Injury Update

http://thebostonsportslist.com/2011/04/25/kobe-injures-ankle/

I thought fellow Celts fans would enjoy this!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Kobe Injury Update

thats funny. Kobe is getting knicked up a lot lately....he is not as durable at this point in his career.  He can still take a game over with his shooting if he gets hot...but I have seen the exposion from his as of late.   This will hurt.  We saw what happened when Rose came back after turning his ankle....he was just a jumpshooter and missed a bunch of 3's and thats why Indy was able to pull it out....I think L.A./N.O. is going 7

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Kobe Injury Update:
    http://thebostonsportslist.com/2011/04/25/kobe-injures-ankle/ I thought fellow Celts fans would enjoy this!
    Posted by size11

Classy post. Should we assume that you enjoy hearing about injuries to non-Celtic player because you don't think your team can win without said injuries?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He seems to be fine... but they are getting beatup as a team collectively.  I also agree with Jay as this is probably going to 7 games... going to be a tough road for the lakers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Cue lakersexcuses 101!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

In Response to Kobe Injury Update:
    http://thebostonsportslist.com/2011/04/25/kobe-injures-ankle/ I thought fellow Celts fans would enjoy this!
    Posted by size11

I for one do not want to see Kobe hurt!  If the Celtics get that far I want the Lakers waiting.  I also want 2 healthy O'Neils!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe Injury Update:
    In Response to Kobe Injury Update : I for one do not want to see Kobe hurt!  If the Celtics get that far I want the Lakers waiting.  I also want 2 healthy O'Neils!!!!
    Posted by jerseycfan

Same here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Kobe Injury Update : I for one do not want to see Kobe hurt!  If the Celtics get that far I want the Lakers waiting.  I also want 2 healthy O'Neils!!!!
    Posted by jerseycfan

Disagree.....I want the CELTICS to make the Finals......I don't care who we play!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe Injury Update : Disagree.....I want the CELTICS to make the Finals......I don't care who we play!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Hey hedley. Nice to see you back. Give my best to your pal isACGreen.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

"You can't do without me, Kobe!"

LOL...seriously, I want Kobe healthy so Lakers have NO EXCUSES when we punk them and I light that Red Auerbach cigar.

GO CELTICS!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

As epic as it would be to see BOSTON v. LA again, I would find it more interesting to watch us play OKC in the finals.

Kobe is still the best baller in the league, but he is losing a step as we speak. Next year it will be more obvious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Couldnt be more intrigue than Celtics/OKC....as much as I like the rivalry....L.A. doesnt look like a favorite to get there anymore...

I would love to beat OKC in the finals...just to see the Perk apologists eat crow....I think people even started blaming Perk for the red sox' struggles....smh

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Flobus,
    The Celtics have been dealing with a plethora of injuries this last year.  I am glad to see other teams forced to deal with the same problems they present.  Kobe however even if healthy does not scare the Celtics after his vaunted 5 for 24 shooting in game seven and recent play.  You need Gasol and Bynum to play their best to have a chance against us.  

And of course the expected help from the referees.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The first thing I thought about after our sweep and Miami, Orlando and LA being extended more games, is that each additional game increases the chances of injury to key players.

and the longer the other series goes, the more time Shaq has to heal.

Its all good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't care if the playoffs go till next winter, I don't expect to see shaq play.  Maybe in the back of my mind if it were a big game 7 maybe I could see him giving us 5 minutes to start a game or something.

Whether Kobe's hurt or not I think the lakers are in big trouble.  They had to work too hard at the end of the season to maintain their seeding. They really NEEDED to put NO away in 4 to get some rest.  This is an absolute nightmare situation for Phil Jackson. NO without west just shouldn't be that good, and it only gets harder from here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Flobus, The Celtics have been dealing with a plethora of injuries this last year.  I am glad to see other teams forced to deal with the same problems they present.  Kobe however even if healthy does not scare the Celtics after his vaunted 5 for 24 shooting in game seven and recent play.  You need Gasol and Bynum to play their best to have a chance against us.   And of course the expected help from the referees.
    Posted by concord27

My original comment was directed at the OP who seemed to be celebrating the injury.

I understand the celtics have dealt with injuries this year and I am not expecting sympathy from fans of other teams - far from it. But reporting it with excitement reeks of a lack of confidence in your own team IMO. The season and playoffs are full of ups and downs for every team - three weeks ago many on this board were ready to jump ship while Lakers fans had a victory parade scheduled. The first round was a good one for the C's and, thus far, a challenging one for the Lakers. The second round may very well be an entirely different story. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The first thing I thought about after our sweep and Miami, Orlando and LA being extended more games, is that each additional game increases the chances of injury to key players. and the longer the other series goes, the more time Shaq has to heal. Its all good.
    Posted by Eldunker

I don't want anyone to get injured, but they happen.  I don't care who we play in the Finals.  I will be just as happy beating the lakers as anyone else!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Flobus,
    The Lakers struggled in the first round the last two years.  The Celtics will have their hands full the next round and after if we are to make it to the finals.

A Celtics fan at this point is heartened by what they have seen,  and sobered by all it takes to get through what is a brutal playoff schedule no matter which conference you play in. Sixteen wins for playoff weary aging teams like these two the last three years is no easy task.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Flobus, The Lakers struggled in the first round the last two years.  The Celtics will have their hands full the next round and after if we are to make it to the finals. A Celtics fan at this point is heartened by what they have seen,  and sobered by all it takes to get through what is a brutal playoff schedule no matter which conference you play in. Sixteen wins for playoff weary aging teams like these two the last three years is no easy task.
    Posted by concord27

Agreed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Kobe Injury Update : My original comment was directed at the OP who seemed to be celebrating the injury. I understand the celtics have dealt with injuries this year and I am not expecting sympathy from fans of other teams - far from it. But reporting it with excitement reeks of a lack of confidence in your own team IMO. The season and playoffs are full of ups and downs for every team - three weeks ago many on this board were ready to jump ship while Lakers fans had a victory parade scheduled. The first round was a good one for the C's and, thus far, a challenging one for the Lakers. The second round may very well be an entirely different story. 
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

Flobus, glad to see you show up.  I guess maybe you are not a troll.  Of course the real ones are in hiding.  Can't say I blame them. I would be too.  I wish we would have picked up Landry.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We need Shaq from here on out, IMO to win this thing.  Maybe not every game but we need his size and fouls.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rooting for other people's injuries is poor and you shouldn't do it.

Having a quiet internal fist pump upon hearing the news that a star may be limited or out for an upcoming playoff series... is natural and acceptable.

Especially after the refs and our own injuries robbed us of the title we deserved last June, I will take any help we can get knowing we'd likely have a less than 100% Shaq if we made the finals.... just like Ray (5 games) and Sheed spent the finals seriously limited.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Bryant will be back, said it before I just think we need to win this series in 6 games and be done with it. Hopefully it'll be like years Thunder series which was very tough even though it only went for 6 games.

I don't like seeing any player get hurt. Better beat a full strength team than one missing a key player/players.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

poor kobe,karma is coming...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Kobe Injury Update : Classy post. Should we assume that you enjoy hearing about injuries to non-Celtic player because you don't think your team can win without said injuries?
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

Isn't it always great to play teams at something less than full strength and be happy about injuries?  Oh wait, they just did that.  The Cs were a couple of calls, Knicks injuries, and missed shots from going into game 4 being down 2 to 1 but of course when Billups and Amare when down it was a good thing to some people.  Billups and Amare go down and it has no affect on the series and the Knicks s uck but if Perk was in game 7 last year they would have won #18, ummmm, if Bynum were even close to healthy Perk would have never been injured because it would have been the Lakers in 5 and Perk would not have been hurt in game 6.

The same people think that based on being able to beat a really bad team missing 2 of their top 3 players somehow means they are playing a lot better now, look crisp, and should be able to steam roll the Heat.

The most ironic thing about this is after losing to the Heat Rose and Kobe's injuries will have absolutely no affect on the Cs offseason.

Sections
Shortcuts